Group #2 Wins the Race

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We had a friendly competition between Groups 1 & 2 in the Pass It Forward game. Boxes 1 & 2 were started at the same time & there was an equal number of participants (30 counting me) in each group.

Early on, someone suggested a race to see which group could get the box back to me first. Well, Group #2 earned that distinction today.

As a little reward for their efforts, I will put the names of the Group 2 players into a random draw and one lucky person from that group will get a SFRB of blanks & other goodies.

I'll conduct the draw later this week & send out the box next Monday. I won't post the name of the winner right away though - I want to keep you in suspense for a while. :wink: I'll post the tracking number when the box is shipped & let you try to guess who it's going to.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Congrats to team (Box 2) well won!!! As you know I have been keeping track of both and could see this coming weeks ago, but a well deserved victory just the same.

And kudos to you Edgar not just for doing this but to send out what came back to you to some lucky person.

Mike

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
So show us what was in Box 2 when it got back to you!

I have inventoried everything in the box, but life got in the way of my taking pictures last night. I'll try to shoot photos tonight. :redface:

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
And the winner is .....

OK, I have selected a winner from Group #2 who will receive an SFRB of blanks & goodies.

This was a 4-pass random draw.
First I put the 29 names in a drum, spun it around & drew a name when it stopped.
Then I put the 29 names on a spinning wheel, gave it a a big spin and noted where it stopped.
Then I put the 29 names in a bucket, shook it vigorously & had my granddaughter draw a name.
Then I took those 3 names from the first 3 passes, laid them out on the table & did an "eeny meeny miney mo" to pick one of those 3

And the winner is .....

well, I'm not telling just yet - the box will be shipped on Monday and I will post the tracking number to keep you all in suspense a little longer :devil:

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Group #2 Prize Box

Here's the prize box for one lucky member of Group #2.

It's being shipped out today to ... (oops, looks like a piece of paper fell across the shipping label when I shot this photo)

Anyway, the tracking number is 9405903699300242230637 :)

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Attachments

• PrizeBoxPkg.jpg
    PrizeBoxPkg.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 149

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Just keeping you in suspense a little longer -- I asked USPS to hide the tracking info for a while :wink:

bedangerous

Edger,

I see that the box is tucked away at my Post Office in Fayetteville. Thank you so much for putting together a fun event. I can not wait to see what goodies are in the box.
Mitch

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edger,

I see that the box is tucked away at my Post Office in Fayetteville. Thank you so much for putting together a fun event. I can not wait to see what goodies are in the box.
Mitch

You are indeed the winner of the prize box, Mitch. Congratulations! It should be delivered today- I hope you enjoy what I selected for you.

Thanks to all for playing - it was fun.

Edgar

BJohn

Edgar it was a fantastic event, I am in for the next go around.

Thanks for the time you put in to setting it up.

Missed you at SWAT, maybe next year?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks John - it was my pleasure.
We'll see about SWAT next year - seems like we had something going on every weekend in August this year.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mitch is out of town until Tuesday, so everyone will be kept in suspense a few days longer to see what goodies he wound up with.

bedangerous

I received the Box #2 victory box today and am really ecstatic over the quality of what was in there. Complete with a set of chop sticks which for a tuna fisherman comes in hand for sushi nights. The diversity of the wood is beautiful and I can not wait to make some pens.

Thanks to you Edgar and everyone who was involved in the Box #2 victory.
Mitch

image-2807730363.jpg

Attachments

• image-1784575438.jpg
    image-1784575438.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 129

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm glad you like the selection, Mitch. I had a lot of fun running the game & I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

I hope there might be a few new things in the box for you. The chopsticks were partly for comic relief, but they also come in surprisingly handy in the shop from time to time.

Enjoy,
Edgar

Top Bottom