Friendly Reminder about PITH Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
There are two areas having anything to do with photos related to PITH 2010.

There is a tread titled, PITH 2010 Photos".

There is an album titled, "PITH 2010".

Please put any PITH 2010 related photo you want to in the thread titled, "PITH 2010 Photos". This would include teasers, completed pens, additional bonus blanks, pictures of your spouse yelling at you for spending too much time in the shop working on your PITH pen, etc.

PLEASE PUT ONLY PHOTOS OF COMPLETED PITH PENS IN THE ALBUM TITLED, "PITH 2010". Nothing else. Nada, Zip. By doing so we will have an uncluttered historical record of all the PITH 2010 creations. With 200 participants, it should be quite an impressive album.:)

Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

There are two areas having anything to do with photos related to PITH 2010.

There is a tread titled, PITH 2010 Photos".

There is an album titled, "PITH 2010".

Please put any PITH 2010 related photo you want to in the thread titled, "PITH 2010 Photos". This would include teasers, completed pens, additional bonus blanks, pictures of your spouse yelling at you for spending too much time in the shop working on your PITH pen, etc.

PLEASE PUT ONLY PHOTOS OF COMPLETED PITH PENS IN THE ALBUM TITLED, "PITH 2010". Nothing else. Nada, Zip. By doing so we will have an uncluttered historical record of all the PITH 2010 creations. With 200 participants, it should be quite an impressive album.:)

Thanks!!

Sorry mate but I'm very confused about your "notification above, there is, was my impression that the "PITH 2010 Photos" post, was not the place to put any finished pens, either those from the pen that you just made or those from the pen you received from your PITH partner...!:confused: Those pics should be placed in the "PITH 2010", right...???

I also believe that you are not to post any "complete" pics of the pen you made, those should be posted by your PITH partner upon receiving it, unless a request is made for the person that made the pen to post pics of the pen in the PITH 2010 photo album, right...???

I can understand some of the confusion between the 2 posts made for putting the pics and other stuff, as they have an identical name, making it difficult to work out, they should have been named "PITH 2010 WIP/teaser" and "PITH 2010 COMPLETE PENS PHOTO ALBUM".

Now, the reason what I'm so confused, the rules say no posting of your pen or other on the "PITH 2010 Photos", and I've seen a few there already, but then you just said that, "his would included teasers, completed pens, etc, etc...!:confused: so, what is it, mate...???

I may be missing something, or I may be a little too tired to think straight so, could you please, correct me if I'm wrong...!!!:redface:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

mbroberg

the "PITH 2010 Photos" post, was not the place to put any finished pens, either those from the pen that you just made or those from the pen you received from your PITH partner...!:confused: Those pics should be placed in the "PITH 2010", right...???

Pictures of completed pens can be put in both the PITH 2010 Photos thread, and in the PITH 2010 Photo Album.

Pictures of other things related to the PITH should ONLY be placed in the "PITH 2010 Photos" thread, NOT the, "PITH 2010" Photo Album.

I also believe that you are not to post any "complete" pics of the pen you made, those should be posted by your PITH partner upon receiving it, unless a request is made for the person that made the pen to post pics of the pen in the PITH 2010 photo album, right...???

Correct

I can understand some of the confusion between the 2 posts made for putting the pics and other stuff, as they have an identical name, making it difficult to work out, they should have been named "PITH 2010 WIP/teaser" and "PITH 2010 COMPLETE PENS PHOTO ALBUM".

They are two different things.

• "PITH 2010" is a Photo Album
  • "PITH 2010 Photos" is a thread.
I thought that the fact that they were in two physically different places on the forum would be enough differentiation, but perhaps (apparently) I was wrong. I'll keep your suggestion in mind for next year.

Now, the reason what I'm so confused, the rules say no posting of your pen or other on the "PITH 2010 Photos"

No it doesn't. Please point out to me where you read this.

and I've seen a few there already,

but then you just said that, "his would included teasers, completed pens, etc, etc...!:confused: so, what is it, mate...???

It is,

• Any photo related to PITH in the PITH 2010 Photo thread.

• Only photos of completed PITH pens in the PITH 2010 Photo Album.
If anything other than that is written anywhere, please point it out to me so I can correct it.

I may be missing something, or I may be a little to tired to think straight so, could you please, correct me if I'm wrong...!!!:redface:

Cheers
George

I realize that the world is not going to come to a screeching halt is a PITH photo ends up at the wrong location. When I discussed running this activity with Jeff, one of his requests was to have a complete album that contained only photos of completed PITH pens (and he warned me that this would be a challenge:eek:). I agree that a nice, clean album of the work done by PITH participants would be a nice thing to look back at. So, that is what I am trying to accomplish. Hence, the friendly reminder. Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask questions or for clarification about anything having to do with the PITH. There is a reason for everything. Many may not agree with the reasons, many may not think they are good reasons, but at least they will know what the reasons are.:wink:

Thanks,
Mike

darrin1200

I think the idea of only completed pens in the album is perfect, but it should only be one photo of each pen. With 200+ participants, more than one photo will make the album a monster to navigate. The member of course would pick the best to put in.
Any other photos could then be put in the PITH photo thread.
It's a little more work for the poster, but it will make the album much more enjoyable to view.

Just my thoughts.

robutacion

Thanks Mike for your reply...!

I never though for a minute that you have a easy job running this PITH, I have run identical "challenges" and I know what it takes...!

And you are absolutely right, doesn't matter how much thinking and effort you put into these things, is always something missing or something that can be improved. Most of these "improvements" are only noticeable or came to light, after a system in run in real time, imperfections and corrections are then possible to put into practise.

However, personal interpretation of what the rules are or the simple fact that not everyone reads every single line of the "conditions to entry/participate", can easily make someone do something wrong without knowing, or without any deliberate intentions to "ignore" the rules but, that fact can "spoil" one of the principals of this type event.

What I mean is, is my understanding that one of the objectives of the PITH is to "surprise" your PITH partner with the pen you made and any other "goodies" that come with it in the package, right...??? also, the idea of having a "teaser" thread, is to provide some hints of what you are doing without being too obvious or too descriptive, off-course this is all relative as everyone has different concepts of that this means but, in general, you put anything you want in this thread (teaser) less the finish product as that is the surprise for you partner first, before everyone else's.

You can take as many pics as you want of your made pen but you don't post them anywhere, unless the recipient of your pen asks you too, on the only place/location the PITH organizers have allocated to do so, and that is the PITH photo album. Again, I understand why people get confused or not aware of all aspects of the rules but, I would be very disappointed to have my PITH partner putting a pic of the pen he made me on the "teaser" thread, that would indeed spoil the interest and excitement resulting from getting a "surprise" package...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

mbroberg

George,

"A major fallacy of communication is the assumption that it has taken place"
Unknown

Everything you say is correct. I think the source of confusion is a misunderstanding over the term, "completed pen". It has already been established that participants should not post pictures of pens they created (unless otherwise agreed to by partners), they should only post pictures of pens they receive. This preserves the surprise. Pictures of the pen a participant receives (which is the "completed pen" I am referring to) should be posted in both the photo album and the picture thread for all to see.

robutacion

Thanks Mike,

My point, precisely...!

And yes, if you look to my first post, you see that I highlighted in red "completed pens" from your original post, as the target of my questions and the reason of my confusion...!:wink:

There are over 200 people out there making pens for this PITH, some will never post any teaser, and that's fine too, is not compulsory anyway but, there would be a "few" participants that were a little confused about where to post what so, I hope my observation to the PITH's main intentional achievement, "surprise someone with a gift pen made by you...!" is understood fully. Many other achievements will be also resulting from such International swap, they are a goal no less important from the PITH original idea, which I hope continue for many years to come...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

BigShed

Great idea to have a PITH 2010 Photo Album.

However it would be nice if we could just view the photos in that album, I mean with the film strip to go backwards and forwards.

I know I can click on PITH 2010 album heading on the main photo page, it will give me all the photos in thumbnail form and I can click on each photo, have a look at it in bigger format, then go back to the thumbnail page, click on the next one etc etc.

What I would like like is limit the film strip to PITH 2010 photos only, it doesn't seem to work, the film strip always gives all photos uploaded on their upload order. So I can looking at a PTH 2010 photo, click on Next and get a Members photo. Clicking on Slide Show has the same problem.

Am I missing something or is what I want not available???

Top Bottom