FALL 2012 PITH PAIRINGS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

My pith partners pen was mailed on Friday, came real close to pulling out when Dad got worse and then passed but this gave me some time alone, it's nothing very special but I hope Kent likes it.

ldubia

Teaser for Steve (SMJ1957)

Here is my teaser for SMJ1957, my partner in the Great PITH off. :eek::biggrin:

IMAG0468.jpg

Is this the correct picture??

underdog

Teaser

Been practicing several hours over a couple of days over here, then making the actual deal. What's the protocol for posting the final product? Here's my teaser photo for 3Peake:

Attachments

• PITH_practice.jpg
    PITH_practice.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 199

RSidetrack

Well, it is a sad time for me, after attempt 7 I am going to have to call my original idea quits. Not because I don't think I can do it, but because of the 5 inches of water in my basement :eek: Once I get it cleared out and am able to start turning again I just won't have time to continue my attempts :mad: I will still get a PITH pen done for Twissy and hopefully have it shipped out and arrive in Europe before 12/15.

RSidetrack

Teaser for Twissy

Finally got something I am happy with done, despite not even being close to my original plan :rolleyes: Will be shipping out tomorrow.

Teaser.jpg

penmaker1967

my pen for basshuntin is about3/4 done i just have to put the finsh on it and let it cure for a few days then i can get it sent off hopefully the first of the month i can get it sent off. i have a long weekend this weekend and i am simi caught up with show inventory so i am planning on getting it done this weekend.

juteck

PITH tease for Mike8850

JB Weld, I hope, will be my new friend with this pen!

image-2062566098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:

scottwood

PITH Teaser photo for bensoelberg

I know I put your pen somewhere:befuddled:

Attachments

• pen 1 041.jpg
    pen 1 041.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 127
  • pen 1 042.jpg
    pen 1 042.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 141
  • pen 1 043.jpg
    pen 1 043.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 126
  • pen 1 047.jpg
    pen 1 047.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 135
  • pen 1 048.jpg
    pen 1 048.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 143

RSidetrack

Pen for John (Twissy) was shipped out yesterday. Once it makes it's trip over the Atlantic and he notifies me he has received it, I will post photos of the pen.

GoodTurns

Tease for Azimiryou

Meeting up with Matthew on Saturday to do our swap...just a teaser for interested folk....this build has been great TRAINING for some ideas I have on track....

Attachments

• pith tease.jpg
    pith tease.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 136

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I finished my pen for WHSKYrvr1 today. It isn't the pen that I had started to make but I hope it will do. I'll grab some pictures tomorrow morning and have it in the mail tomorrow afternoon.:biggrin:

penmaker1967

mine pen going to basshuntin is going in the mail monday my camera is broke so i could not get any pics of it but he told he would post them when he recived the pen

lyonsacc

I am giving up on my original PITH idea:at-wits-end:. Tried some serious segmenting for the first time and have had numerous problems with the blanks. The last one didn't hold up to the drilling:crying:. But I did learn a heck of a lot, so maybe next time things will go better:rolleyes:.

Now, I have to figure out what to do :befuddled:

I'll think about it over Thanksgiving and will hopefully return with an idea!

Dave

Andrew_K99

Don't worry Dave, you're not alone. I had grand plans but haven't been able to get the desired results. I've switched tactics now and hope to have the pens in the mail this coming Monday.

AK

TerryDowning

I am giving up on my original PITH idea:at-wits-end:. Tried some serious segmenting for the first time and have had numerous problems with the blanks. The last one didn't hold up to the drilling:crying:. But I did learn a heck of a lot, so maybe next time things will go better:rolleyes:.

Now, I have to figure out what to do :befuddled:

I'll think about it over Thanksgiving and will hopefully return with an idea!

Dave

The best laid plans...
No plan survives first contact...

any other platitudes/cliche's we can throw at it??:confused:

I'm in the same boat Dave. Hopefully this weekend I can get some progress made.:good:

DurocShark

At the risk of jinxing myself, my ambitions (for me) plan actually worked out. More or less. :eek:

That was phase 1, the hardest part. Phase 2 will be easy and get finished this weekend.

My daughter's resin blanks didn't cure. She used too much colorant so the resin separated by color. She was sooo upset. We'll try again this weekend. She has learned now that a little goes a long way... :biggrin:

underdog

I can relate to you guys who gave up on your ideas... My first idea didn't turn out at all. Then when I settled on the final idea, I thought I'd never get it finished. Literally. The CA glue finish was crackling like shattered glass. I finally solved that problem by throwing away that old bottle of glue. I must have redone that pen three times...:frown:

Anyway got it in the mail to Martin a week or so ago, and hopefully it's nearly there...

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I'm in the same situation. My idea for the first 2 went a different direction as well. And what's up with the CA issue lately? I've had finishes not set as they normally do. I'm using the Hot Stuff as usual. I may have to switch to Titebond.
I've got another idea that I hope will work out. Of course it's an untested concept for me.:cool:

Carl Fisher

I'm right there with you guys. I've tried 4 or 5 different things now and they are all either turning out below a standard I feel comfortable giving or blowing up completely.

My segments don't seem to be bonding very well and I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or what, but I typically don't have this much trouble.

Oh well, I'll get-r-done one way or another.

penmaker1967

got my pen from my pith partner today was a very nice gator pen with several blanks and also a gator pen blank thank you very much basshuntin. he told me he would post the pics in a few days due to my camera being out of order. if not i will try to get some posted but i wont be able to post the pics of mine because of my camera being messed up i could not get any pics of it.

DurocShark

I got mine today too!

A pretty sweet cast coffee bean closed end FP and some promising (until I screw them up) blanks.

Awesome!

Not sure when I'll be able to get pics. If my partner wants to post some until I can, that would rock. :D

Old Lar

I finally got my fourth attempt for traderdon55 to hold together. It will be in the mail for him today. Whewwwwww!

Carl Fisher

Yay! Finished my PITH tonight. I'll have to get some teaser pictures.

2 firsts for me. First time working with a specific material, and first time with a new technique for me.

Should go out in the mail in the next day or two.

BSea

Ummm . . . . . I guess OOOOOPS would be something appropriate to post rather than what I actually said.:mad:

attachment.php

My plans for this going out today or tomorrow might just change a little.

I used CA to seal the inside of the barrel, and was just cleaning it out. I know, I know. I should have used tape to give the blank some support.

I guess I'll go to plan B. I just wish I had thought to plan for plan B.:redface:

Attachments

• ooops1.jpg
    ooops1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 289

BSea

Teaser of Plan B.

attachment.php

Well, you didn't expect me to drill without taping again did you? I did learn a few things from plan A above.

A few other clues in the picture as well.

Attachments

• Plan B tease.jpg
    Plan B tease.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 263

3Peake

Hooray I finally managed to finish my pen tonight so it's going to get canceled up today to start its journey across the pond. Teaser photo to come soon.

RSidetrack

Received my PITH pen and blanks from John (Twissy). I am extremely happy and thrilled to have received my first PITH pen and it is a very amazing pen. The blanks John sent are also all new to me and I can't wait to turn some pens with them. I am awaiting a response from John to see if he has gotten pictures to post, if not I will snap a few and get them up.

Thanks again John for a stunning pen and amazing experience!

Top Bottom