FALL 2012 PITH PAIRINGS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
I got in contact with my exchange partner after he contacted me. So off to the lathe and practice, practice, practice. I have the GREAT blank already and that was the easy part. Let's see if we can outdo each other. Also, thanks for the hard work you did on this exchange. Frank

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I got a PM this morning from my PITH 2012 partner "louisbry" and while he sent it when I was a sleep, I replied to him with my info, and he is a now a sleep himself so, there you go...!

And while are no rules that makes you acknowledge here/publically that you have been or have contacted your Pith partner with the relevant info required, is no doubt a kind of courtesy to do so, and allow the Pith organiser to become also aware that the wells are turning as he requested and required by the entry/participation conditions...!

As for all the other members that read the announcements and that are themselves included of the participants list, this thread can very easily work as a reminder of what needs to be done, if not already so, a positive result for everyone involved, I reckon...!

Unless, one have experienced the amount of work and time that is require to organize and conduct such type of challenges/swaps/exchanges, like myself did as few times in the pass, wouldn't appreciate fully of what is involved and, our friend Mike "mbroberg" may have had to swallow some green frogs in the process but, he is doing a heck of a job so, congrats Mike...!:wink::biggrin:

Now, where in hell am I going to find some wood to make a pen for this guy, louisbry...???:eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Good luck everyone...!

Cheers
George

Alzey

What are the odds, poor Chris (Sumterdad) got stuck with one of my pens last pith, and now he gets another one. And I have it all planned out........

What are the odds. Here is another good one for you. LagniappeRob and I are both new to the forum and are both in Hospital IT Systems

Landon, Thanks for putting this together. I am sure it is a lot of work.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
i sent a pm to my partner bassinhuntin the day the pairing was made but still no answer back.
In this case he has not been online since the pairings so that is why no answer yet.

Everyone please be patient. Not all members log in daily. I will start trying to help communications as needed but give it until the 8th minimum as I asked in the OP before you even worry about it. Thanks,

Landon

CaptG

teaser photo

Is this the first teaser photo? Or am I missing a thread....

Attachments

• thunderbird 023.jpg
    thunderbird 023.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 171

Tom D

Teaser

Here is a little tease. Aurelian I hope to send the pen out next week.

Attachments

• IMGP5423.jpg
    IMGP5423.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 157

Talfalfa33

Here are a couple teaser pics for Johnr, I just wonder if anyone can figure the outcome. Enjoy thinking.

ForumRunner_20121006_191533.png

ForumRunner_20121006_191533.png

ForumRunner_20121006_191625.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121006_191600.png
    ForumRunner_20121006_191600.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 154

papaturner

My only tease at this point is one of words.........Tom(tjseagrove) I`m working on three different designs for you and don`t have a clue which would suit your fancy.:eek:

dgscott

Sent a couple of messages to Kampy, have yet to get a response. MIA? Or maybe he's seen my pens and doesn't want one! :-(
Doug

Gilrock

PITH Teaser

Finished my PITH pen tonight....here's a teaser photo...the actual pen using Photoshop's charcoal filter. :)

Wait till you get to see the materials and finish...I think it's the most beautiful pen I've made...I'm gonna hate parting with it....I've got at least 10-12 hours work into it and I don't know if I got the patience to make a similar one for myself.

Attachments

• Pith2012_charcoal.jpg
    Pith2012_charcoal.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 148

D.Oliver

Finished my PITH pen tonight....here's a teaser photo...the actual pen using Photoshop's charcoal filter. :)

Wait till you get to see the materials and finish...I think it's the most beautiful pen I've made...I'm gonna hate parting with it....I've got at least 10-12 hours work into it and I don't know if I got the patience to make a similar one for myself.

Can't wait to see. Even in charcol you can tell it's sweet.

Joe S.

Nice! I'm working on attempt #3...

Talfalfa33

Dadgum, ya broke it, bro! Hope it ain't like putting Humpty Dumpty back together!

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, looks like it's broke, but in all, turned out like I wanted. Had it finished before the pairing was posted. Still trying to figure out what to do for the additional blanks.

RSidetrack

I myself am on attempt 5 :rolleyes: But I think this one will make it, we will see. I am running into splitting/fracturing issues when turning along with some major chip outs. If this one doesn't make it I will have to come up with another idea so I can keep to the time line, so fingers crossed.

ldubia

I have made a second contact attempt with my partner after his two attempts to me. I hope we didn't miss each other. My second attempt is via email so I am waiting.

robutacion

Well, my Pith 2012 pen and blanks for my this years partner Louisbry, have been posted a week ago today so, somewhere halfway to him, hopefully...!

The pen was indeed made with one of the trial blanks I made and shown on my "tease" so, which was, well that you have to way for Louisbry to receive it and show it to everyone here...!

My job is done here for this year so, good luck to those still in the making process...!

Cheers
George

penmaker1967

i am on attempt # 2 on my pen for bassinhuntin hopefullty to have it done in the next few weeks. i have a break in show next weekend so maybe i can get it done then

Top Bottom