December 2013 PITH Sign Up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alzey

Depending on you pairing, you may need to consider mailing restrictions when designing your pen. For example, you may have problems sending a 50 cal pen made from a real carriage to England.

hard hat

If you think there may be problems with shipping of your design out of your country (or into another), please contact me via PM prior to the pairings. If not, all will go on as scheduled.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I would except the one person I know already signed up! Unless Skiprat wants to track down BradG and make him do it!

LOL, Brad makes a mean pen!! I know cos he made one for me. :) But I suspect he's practicing his Americanese for his upcoming MAPG visit.. :)
There is one UK person in particular that I'd give my back teeth to be partnered with and that is Si90, our resident bonkers steampunk guru.

What I often wonder is why some of the IAP older members keep very quiet during these swaps??????? They spend all year telling us how many gazzillions of pens they've made and even how we should make them, but never actually take part so we can see if they can walk the walk as good as they talk the talk.....
Strange huh???? :)

jyreene

I think that's just the IAP! I was darn excited when I had orders taking me back to England! And devastated when they changed. It ended up awesome as I met Jonathon and Jason from here and they have taught me a bunch. I do wish I could learn your and Brads metal pen magic as I endeavor into furthering my mokume range of skills!

But yes. The old pros should take more part because it allows all of is to learn. Or call them out! Which I'm good with since it's part of my job.

John Den

Once this PITH falls out of the "New Posts" it is very hard to find it under the sub-sub heading of "Activities Manager" in the index.
Who'd think of looking for it there?
Maybe its my age!
Regards,
John

lorbay

follow post

How do you follow a post
Once you are in the post at the top of the post there is a darker blue bar and it has tabs of a few things you can do, one of them is Thread Tools, click on it and there you can subscribe to this thread.
Once you have done this there will be another page come up as to how you would like to be notified, once you have made your choice click on subscribe to this thread, then a window will pop up and say your name and that you were successful.
Then on the home page there is a outlined box that has a Active Topics - User CP - Forums , etc. click on User CP and there it will say there are no subscribed treads , click on the drop down box a pick subscriptions and then all the subscribed threads will open up.
Also when you log on and the home page comes up there will be a check mark in the new post area on the threads you are subscribed to if there are any active at the time. May be we could ask Jeff to do a small picture tutorial on this.

Lin.

Last edited:

jyreene

I have Ed. Well I cut and worked out the dimensions. Of course my back up is a kitless I have finished. Have to see how much time I get before I leave on Sunday.

Joe S.

Was that a bump? :eek::biggrin:

I've been throwing around ideas, but I'm not starting untill Dec. 13. That is when Christmas break starts!

I've started to start. Plan A and A1 are done. Plan A1.1 doesn't look like it will pass muster. If I can sneek out for a few tomorrow I'll make plan A1.2 and see how it looks. And when it is good to go then we can start on manufacturing.

Top Bottom