jimjam66 - joeS
Harley2001 - firewhatfire
hard hat - brooks803
Skiprat - Lorbay
edstreet - jyreene
LL woodworks - LagniappeRob
PTownSubbie - john den
displaced canadian - mredburn

so in all we have 22 military participants and 16 kitless. Thank you all for the awesome turnout and please don't forget to post pictures!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Already heard from Ed. Can't wait to see what he's got. Already sent him my info. Course I won't see it in person until at least June!

edstreet

He leaves on deployment to Afghanistan today Ed. He'll be back in June at the earliest.

Yuck. Well in that case get me the address and I will be shipping there instead, will take a week or 2 longer but that will be way better than June. Also will raid my kitchen and add some other goodies in there :)

penmaker1967

contact has been made now i have to finsh the one that i have started on and then on to this one my g/f is due to come home in about 2 weeks so i plan on getting both of these swap pens done before she gets here.

edstreet

He leaves on deployment to Afghanistan today Ed. He'll be back in June at the earliest.

Ok think I am going to kick the bar up some and lead by example :)

Been working on the pins of the folder tonight, have it almost finished but not fully. Will be done very soon. Have the pins to finish and fit, the bolster to pin, spine to dress and cleanup and the liners to polish.

attachment.php

As for the pen itself, need to shorten it some, maybe about 1/4" if that.

Attachments

• IMG_8666.jpg
    IMG_8666.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 259

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Contact made with George (ambidex) - we are both ex-Army (actually National Guard/Army Reserve in my case) so it will be a fun swap.

All my shop time is committed to making family Christmas gifts for now, but I should be able to finish George's pen by the end of the month.

Ed

denniszoomy

walshjp17 has made contact with me and I with him. O thought he was being friendly and just asking questions. I did not know the list had come out yet , but do now.

Waluy

Contact has been established can't see what Jim comes up with. And maybe if I am lucky he can send me some Louisiana clay so I can get my fill of home LOL.

edstreet

I just got back from a very relaxing weekend and first up on my plate is to finish this knife for Jyreene. Tonight I finished the spring pins and the lock pin. Up next is some rough clean up profile on the spring area, then the lock bar cleanup, then peen the pivot pin and profile everything real good and clean up the liner edges and sharpen it.

This is some teaser shots of current progress.

attachment.php

The uneven metal you see on the bottom here will get cleaned up once it's all together as things will drastically shift. Once all the pins are in place and locked down then can I do final detail profile shaping. Right now it's a rough outline.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The filework on the lock bar is not the greatest but I attempted to make it look non-uniform like something antique old and rustic. After all it is some very specialized stabilized elk antler.

Right now the lock bar and the blade can be easily removed for work in whatever area is needed.

As for the pen goes, it's all done, going to shorten it by about 1/2" on the lower barrel because I dislike the length of it as it is currently.

Attachments

• IMG_8674.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8678.jpg
    IMG_8678.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_8682.jpg
    IMG_8682.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 321

Waluy

Wow talk about turn around I already received my swap from Jim (aka BayouPenturner). Now I really need to get on the ball and get his done and sent to him.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I know Lin has already sent his to me, and I can't wait to see it when it arrives.:)
I started his on Friday night when I got back home and finished it about 10 minutes ago. I'm actually quite pleased with it as it's something I've never done before but always wanted to try. I really hope Lin likes it:biggrin:

Top Bottom