Castaway VI : Revenge of the Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Edit in by mbroberg: At Ed's request I am placing a link to the map here so it will be easier to find.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=z4w_MtpJrDYY.k_f1OUCjxwXw

Buzzzzzzzzzzzz voluntold me I should do this, and I figured these things are fun. So here goes. . .

I am looking for 4 casters to donate 3 to 4 blanks to get the box started. You can PM me or respond here if you would like to donate a few blanks to get it started. As an added bonus sending blanks will automatically get you into the castaway, but that is limited to just 4 casters. The biggest reason I feel doing this is a good thing, is so that way the first few people are not limited to the blanks.
I'll start things off by filling a small flat rate box with as many home cast blanks as possible (including the ones donated and some of my own) and send that to the 1st participant. They will select a few blanks and replace and refill the box to capacity with their own castings. It's that simple.

I will use the same process to determine the shipping order. Once the signups have ended I will generate a master list and I will select 3 people at random. I will then post those 3 names in the thread. The FIRST of those 3 names to reply IN THIS THREAD will be the next person in line to get the box. My hope in doing this will allow those that travel for work, or may have an event that wouldn't allow them to quickly participate to opt out of receiving the box. So if your name is chosen and you KNOW you have something going on that will hinder your timing then please hold out and your name WILL come up again. There will be a 24hr response time and if no one responds to the thread I will select 3 new names. I'd like to have a 2 day max time that the box is at any location to help speed things along.

This event will be limited to 25 participants. Selection of 21 participants will be done via random drawing, 4 will be automatic for donating to the start of the box. Sign up in this thread. The final signup date will be September 3 at 8pm EST. I will post the list of participants September 3rd that evening and the first three names will go up as well.

So here are the rules:

1. To be able to participate you MUST have your full name and location in your IAP profile.

2. This event is for casters. If you are brand new to casting or unsure how your casts turn out, please hone your skills before taking part in this activity. If you have questions, please contact me before signing up.

3. You must be able to ship internationally. This is open to ALL casters so at any time you may have to pay for international shipping. If you cannot do this then please do not sign up.

4. Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, embedded objects, Clear casts, etc. is fair game as long as it's able to be turned and you cast it.

5. IF you use the Resin Saver type molds, please separate the blanks and tape them end to end. This will allow for more blanks to fit into the box.

6. Please label your work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

7. Please take only 2 - 3 blanks from the box and replace them with a like number of blanks. If you find any cracked blanks please replace those as well (but that does not count against your 2 -3 blanks).

8. I'd also like for everyone to include a before and after picture so we can all watch its progress.

9. When you get the box, please do not take all your blanks that were submitted from one person. Let's just say the guy who does snakeskin blanks enters and puts 3 in, it would be nice for other people to be able to get one than just one person. I looked over the last castaway, and it didn't seem like that happened, but just want to throw it out there.

10. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable package losses can happen, but this way we'll know who the last to ship was, and/or the last to receive. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part VI" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services are able to be tracked, but if possible please post tracking #'s.

11. The box must be sent on to the next participant within 4 business days of receiving it. If it is not sent on, you will not be allowed in future castaways, and suspended from IAP events until further notice.

12. HAVE FUN and put some cool blanks in the box! Last go around we all sorts of great blanks from worthless wood to mammoth ivory. I'd like to see that type of trend continue.

Those are the rules folks. If you feel you cannot adhere to them please don't sign up.

Sign Ups start NOW. If there are any questions please ask them in the thread for all to see. Thanks and Happy Casting! –Ed DePietro (Edicehouse)

Last edited by a moderator:

edicehouse

Well thanks Johnathin, looks like spots are filled for the donation to the original box. I am shooting to get the box out by September 5th, so please if you volunteered to donate get them to me as soon as possible.

Last edited:

healeydays

I am not a caster, but I would sure like to see all those blanks. Awesome Idea.

We usually have lots of pictures of the blanks as they run across the country. Part of the runes are you show what was in the box when it hit your doorstep, what you are taking out and what you are putting back into the box to ship to the next person. There definitely can be some interesting blanks passed around...

healeydays

Wow, the map still looks a bit tilted with the east and Texas being well represented again. I guess no one on the other coast does any casting...

edicehouse

Got a message from JohnU and he said he is in. There are 22 signed up (plus me). There are just over 4 hours left.

edicehouse

All right guys and gals. Here is the list of people in:

Mike8858
CWolfs69
Harley2001
Healeydays
Brooks803
Theidlemind
powertool-junkie
truckfixr
tx.slopoke
mpmopc
justturnin
russianwolf
dakcrew
buzzzz4
seamus7227
sumterdad
besquare
psnco
vanngo5d
lathemaster
joe s.
JohnU

We started off with some really nice blanks. Thanks Brooks, Healeydays, Theidlemind and psnco. I threw in a few to fill the box.

1263785_10151653117068736_1961009647_o.jpg

edicehouse

First 3 drawn are:

Mike8550
TruckFixr
Mpmopc

First one to respond in this thread will be the first to get the box.

Top Bottom