Castaway V-Calling All Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Closed for New signups. Now will be getting on with the drawing. Drawing will be posted by 10pm est. I will also post the first three names. Whoever responds first from the three names will get the box first. I will be including blanks I have poured as well as some blanks from Brooks803 I have in my stash to get things started.

Buzzzz4

After some withdraws we are down to 22 officially signed up plus me. So I think it would seem right that we go on with 22 instead of 20 if that's alright with everyone as it would really stink to be the 2 left out. Here are the members in the Castaway Box V Activity in no particular order:

MarkD
Reiddog1
Brooks803
Vanngo5d
Monty
Healeydays
Theidlemind
Camoboy91
Sylvanite
Seamus7227
Mike8850
Hunter-27
Pensbydesign
Cwolfs69
Harley2001
Woodwzrd
PTownsubbie
Sumterdad
JohnU
Truckfxr
Triw51
Qballizhere

Buzzzz4

Going to MarkD. Quite the variety going out. Hope you can find at least one you like. Here is the outgoing photo. I will post tracking as soon as I have an address.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 204

Buzzzz4

Looks like the package will arrive the 15th. Let's toss out the next three names. Who ever responds first will receive the box next. Remember you are swapping out 2 to 3 blanks with your creation.

Triw51
Qballizhere
Reiddog1

MarkD

The box arrived on Friday. The blanks that I received:
DSC05799.JPG

So many awesome blanks it was very difficult to choose 3.
The blanks I chose to keep are on the left.
The blanks I added are on the right.
I plan to mail the box tomorrow.
Johnathon, I saved the antler blanks for you! :)
DSC05802.JPG

Last edited:

MarkD

The blanks I added to the box are the three on the right. The blue looking blank contains blue and white Alumilite shards that were pressed into a mold and filled with clear Alumilte. It's one of the blanks I used for my embedded casting entry. The center blank contains small pieces of scrap blanks cast in a Fire Red Alumilite. The different shapes and colors make for a interesting blank. The blank on the far right contains pine cones cast in Alumilte with gold mica powder.

healeydays

Does anyone know of a mapping program on the web that we can see a map of where the package has gone? I'm playing around with Google Maps, but it will just show like tacks on a map, and not have a string between sites of where it went to (ie Grand Rapids MI to Sayre PA to New Orleans LA)

Mike B

healeydays

Folks,

I am working with Buzzzz4 to try to setup a map that we can watch where the package has been. I wish I could figure a way to draw an arrow showing where it came from and landed, but it's a start. If we go overseas, we can expand the map.

Mike B

Castaway V - Google Maps

Joe S.

Add animations, apply sepia filter, play Indiana Jones theme.

That. Would. Be. Awesome. :biggrin:

Last edited:

MarkD

One step better is to get the mapped directions from the start to the first destination, that will show a route, then keep adding new destinations as the box progresses. We'll end up with a lot of blue lines ( routes ) across the map.

healeydays

Going to be gone thru next week traveling, so don't want to hold up things and gonna pass on this round. Bring me back up later.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
My recent castings didn't come out like I'd hoped and my son and family are due in today for about a week or so. I don't want to be a hold up for the box going out so I'd like to pas this time around.

reiddog1

Whoo hoo

I got the box today while at lunch. It was a great suprise. The first photo is what I took out and the second photo is what I put back in. The box wasn't completely full, so I added a couple more. Thanks Eric for managing this.

Dave Reid

Attachments

• 20130320_131813.jpg
    20130320_131813.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 148
  • 20130320_131842.jpg
    20130320_131842.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 186
Top Bottom