Castaway V-Calling All Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Now that the Bash is wrapping up, it is time to get those casting skills rolling for the latest and greatest castaway box.

I'll start things off by filling a small flat rate box with as many home cast blanks as possible and send that to the 1st participant. They will select a few blanks and replace and refill the box to capacity with their own castings. It's that simple.

I will use the same process to determine the shipping order. Once the signups have ended I will generate a master list and I will select 3 people at random. I will then post those 3 names in the thread. The FIRST of those 3 names to reply IN THIS THREAD will be the next person in line to get the box. My hope in doing this will allow those that travel for work, or may have an event that wouldn't allow them to quickly participate to opt out of recieving the box. So if your name is chosen and you KNOW you have something going on that will hinder your timing then please hold out and your name WILL come up again. There will be a 24hr response time and if no one responds to the thread I will select 3 new names. I'd like to have a 2 day max time that the box is at any location to help speed things along.

This event will be limited to 20 participants. Selection of participants will be done via random drawing. Sign up in this thread. The final signup date will be March 10 at 9pm EST. I will post the list of participants the evening of March 10 and the first three names will go up as well.

So here are the rules:

1. To be able to participate you MUST have your full name and location in your IAP profile.

2. This event is for casters. If you are brand new to casting or unsure how your casts turn out, please hone your skills before taking part in this activity. If you have questions, please contact me before signing up.

3. You must be able to ship internationally. This is open to ALL casters so at any time you may have to pay for international shipping. If you can not do this then please do not sign up.

4. Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, Embedded objects, Clear casts, etc. is fair game as long as it's turnable and you cast it.

5. IF you use the Resin Saver type molds, please separate the blanks and tape them end to end. This will allow for more blanks to fit into the box.

6. Please label your work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

7. Please take only 2 - 3 blanks from the box and replace them with a like number of blanks. If you find any cracked blanks please replace those as well.

8. I'd also like for everyone to include a before and after picture so we can all watch it's progress.

9. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part V" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

10. The box must be sent on to the next participant within 4 business days of receiving it. If it is not sent on, you will not be allowed in future castaways, and suspended from IAP events until further notice.

11. HAVE FUN and put some cool blanks in the box! Last go around we all sorts of great blanks from worthless wood to mammoth ivory. I'd like to see that type of trend continue.

Those are the rules folks. If you feel you can not adhere to them please don't sign up.

Sign Ups start NOW. If there are any questions please ask them in the thread for all to see. Thanks and Happy Casting! --Eric B. (Buzzzz4)

Last edited by a moderator:

longbeard

Eric, i may have over looked it (on my phone) i know the last one was, take 2 or 3 blanks out, and put back 2 or 3 blanks. Same for this one, is that correct?

Buzzzz4

Eric, i may have over looked it (on my phone) i know the last one was, take 2 or 3 blanks out, and put back 2 or 3 blanks. Same for this one, is that correct?

Yes, it is take 2 or 3 out. Replace. One thing I need to add is if a blank is cracked, please replace that in addition to what you have taken out.

theidlemind

Guys and gals, we need to get going with this.

I'm sitting here running down the checklist of what I'm putting in the box.
Gator jaw. Check.
Carbon fiber. Check.
Buffalo Nickel on carbon fiber. Check.
Geared carbon fiber. Maybe.
Timber Rattler. Maybe.

C'mon. Send me the box already.

image-3672359766.jpg

longbeard

Guys and gals, we need to get going with this.

I'm sitting here running down the checklist of what I'm putting in the box.
Gator jaw. Check.
Carbon fiber. Check.
Buffalo Nickel on carbon fiber. Check.
Geared carbon fiber. Maybe.
Timber Rattler. Maybe.

C'mon. Send me the box already.

View attachment 91021

:eek: i hope Eric pulls my name out after yours :biggrin:

LarryDNJR

2. This event is for casters. If you are brand new to casting or unsure how your casts turn out, please hone your skills before taking part in this activity.

:(

Not sure if I counted right, has there been 20 people yet to respond to the thread. Do we have to join the Castaway for the raffle or just be in the top 20 to respond? :)

Last edited:

Joe S.

Darn... I was hoping I could cast by this time last year. This will still be fun to watch though! Next year expect to see Joe S. on that list!

Buzzzz4

2. This event is for casters. If you are brand new to casting or unsure how your casts turn out, please hone your skills before taking part in this activity.

:(

Not sure if I counted right, has there been 20 people yet to respond to the thread. Do we have to join the Castaway for the raffle or just be in the top 20 to respond? :)

Respond in the thread, and you are part of the raffle, no guarantees until the 10th. And I am curious about the frown.

Last edited:

healeydays

Let's get this party started, already have a few casts put aside for potential inclusion to the box...

Mike B

Attachments

• RusDemka trade.jpg
    RusDemka trade.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 185

Tim K

My pressure pot arrives today......getting ready to try my hand at this!

Top Bottom