Castaway IV-Calling All Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Here is what came minus the coffee bean blank which is broke but trying to glue it together.

Attachments

• IMG_6568.jpg
    IMG_6568.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 115

Buzzzz4

I want to say, I am a bit disappointed after seeing the pics Seer has posted. This box went around with multiple delays, and it seems the people at the end are having slim pickings of the blanks. In the middle I had high hopes as we had some nice looking blanks as you can see from what I have posted.

Sorry for my rant, but I think people need to be aware that when they sign up for an event like this they need to bring their best game. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. First two are during the event and last two are what the last person is receiving.

Attachments

• What%20I%20Left%20.jpg
    What%20I%20Left%20.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 126
  • box%20leaving.jpg
    box%20leaving.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6568.jpg
    IMG_6568.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 116

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Seer, you sure you didnt leave any blanks out? I put three of them in an only see 1 in the pic.

There was a shredded money blank in there also, I think Monty made it. I dont see that one either

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

I want to say, I am a bit disappointed after seeing the pics Seer has posted. This box went around with multiple delays, and it seems the people at the end are having slim pickings of the blanks. In the middle I had high hopes as we had some nice looking blanks as you can see from what I have posted.

Sorry for my rant, but I think people need to be aware that when they sign up for an event like this they need to bring their best game. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. First two are during the event and last two are what the last person is receiving.

Eric,

I have to agree with you! Early on that box was busting at the seams with blanks that made it very hard to determine what to take and what to leave for the next people....

This is why I am very hesitant to get in on these late. Sorry it worked out this way for you. The blanks you get should be some of the best not the leftovers!

Sorry to pile on...I have wanted to say this for some time now and not just this box.....

Fred

truckfixr

I'm of two minds on all this. I think each of the participants should strive to improve the contents of the box as it passes among us, taking two or three blanks, but not the best two or three. Then we should replace them with our very best work. On the other hand, casting blanks has a learning curve. Each of us is at a different place on that curve. What some among us consider dregs, may be another's prize effort. Just my $.02

theidlemind

Thinking out loud here.......... Maybe the next castaway event needs to be "by invitation only" with the objective of displaying your best work and trying to get invited. How about the community voting on who gets invited? Display the actual blanks you are going to put in the box and the top twenty vote getters get invited?

There are some fantastic castings and casters out there, show your stuff!

And maybe we had too many castaway events too close together (three in short order) and people got jaded and complacent.

Study and practice guys and gals, I want to be excited to know the box is headed my way and then be able to show the IAP how good my castings are when you choose my blanks ahead of some others and then post pictures of the finished pen.

truckfixr

I don't know that I care for the castaway swap being by invitation only. I prefer that it be open to everyone who is interested and willing, just as most PITHs have been. Everyone who wants to join should understand and agree from the get-go that they are expected to bring their very best game. What more can you ask than for someone's best?

cwolfs69

i do not care for the invitation idea at all either. us new guys need a chance to sweat and try harder so we are no embarrassed. have to "compete" in the box with the big boys incentive's us to do some better work. it allows us to see castings from the masters in their raw state instead on finished pens. i truly believe that the invitation method of choosing participants is a little bit uppity.
just the thoughts of and old man who loves looking at the rough work of others and making something out of it.

my $0.02

theidlemind

Keep in mind that I am a new caster myself.
Also, instead of "uppity", think reality television.
Survivor, American Idol, etc. are my examples (I don't watch much tv).

Be nice to see people really strive to do the best they can instead of "that's good enough".

Just an opinion.......

Top Bottom