Cast Away Box SignUps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Looks great Chuck! Thanks for the pix.

Kevin, when this one makes it back to me I'm going to start up another one shortly (yes, even after ALL that's gone on I'm ready for more). I'm gonna get with Mike the activities manager about some possible rules I'd like to try and enforce for the next go around. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it's time for sign ups!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

I'm gonna get with Mike the activities manager about some possible rules I'd like to try and enforce for the next go around.

Jonathan,

Thanks for your tireless work on this project. Let me suggest a way that I think the next one could be better: Instead of having a fixed transit list (that undoubtedly will get old, ref: Rattys World Tour), why not have an initial "universe" of people who signed up. Then:
1) you send a private message to a random 3 people on the list, asking if they want the box next. The first response received from those 3, with the completed mailing address gets the box next.
2) When you ship, you post to the thread who you sent it to, and the revised list (sans the first recipient).
3) Each person does the same as 1 and 2 above

This way, at least the receiver has indicated "I am ready and willing" to keep this going, or "I can't now, but am happy that I am still on the list" etc.

I don't know where I will be in 18 months... but I can probably forecast my availability 3 days from now..

There are also some things that the managers can do to help (e.g. keep a list on the server) that might help.

Keep it up
Tom

Brooks803

I'm gonna get with Mike the activities manager about some possible rules I'd like to try and enforce for the next go around.

Jonathan,

Thanks for your tireless work on this project. Let me suggest a way that I think the next one could be better: Instead of having a fixed transit list (that undoubtedly will get old, ref: Rattys World Tour), why not have an initial "universe" of people who signed up. Then:
1) you send a private message to a random 3 people on the list, asking if they want the box next. The first response received from those 3, with the completed mailing address gets the box next.
2) When you ship, you post to the thread who you sent it to, and the revised list (sans the first recipient).
3) Each person does the same as 1 and 2 above

This way, at least the receiver has indicated "I am ready and willing" to keep this going, or "I can't now, but am happy that I am still on the list" etc.

I don't know where I will be in 18 months... but I can probably forecast my availability 3 days from now..

There are also some things that the managers can do to help (e.g. keep a list on the server) that might help.

Keep it up
Tom

Those are some great suggestions Tom. I'll definitely keep it all in mind when I draft up something to send Mike. It would definitely make things easier when it comes to knowing a persons schedule!

woot! Got the box today!!! Will post a pic later today!

Don't get that thing out to me too fast!! I guess I got caught with my pants down.....I need to get some awesome casts going right now!!

LOL...as scary as that sounds I wish you good luck...especially since you'll be sending me the box next:devil::devil: Btw...if there's room sneak me one of those "look-alikes" my way :wink:

Pioneerpens

cast away box

Received some awsome blanks! tough to decide:confused:, i'm swapping out a few and leaving a few :rolleyes:... Hope mine are worthy~would love any kind of feedback if/when anybody turns them.
:wink:
Jennifer

Attachments

• castaway box.jpg
    castaway box.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 170

PTownSubbie

Well the box made it to me and I am second to last on the list! I will hand deliver this to Jonathon on the 18th!

Hard to decide which ones I want!! There are so many but I have to leave some nice ones for Jonathon and Wayne! I will be carrying extras to send to Wayne since he shipped twice and hasn't received anything yet.

Thanks to Wayne and everyone else that made this happen.... Oh yeah, you too Jonathon!! I would have bowed out a long time ago but due to Jonathon's tenaciousness this box will complete it's rounds!

Here is the before picture.

Cast Away Box PTownSubbie Arrival.jpg

Brooks803

Well we have finally made it full circle...well semi circle since the restart/2nd box is still MIA. Fred hand delivered the original box after it finished its rounds. Here's what was left. I'll get in touch with Wayne and figure out when it's best to ship up to Canada. Thanks to everyone for their patience and participation! I'll be looking to start another back up before too long. Thanks again everyone!

102_2601700x644.jpg

Top Bottom