Cast Away Box SignUps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Attention ALL pen blank casters!

I think with all the new home casters out there we should start up a pass around box of home cast pen blanks. The game is simple, I will be filling a small flat rate box with as many of my pen blanks as possible. Everyone that is signed up will get the box in turn and can take whatever they like and fill the box to capacity with their own homemade pen blanks and send it on to the next in line and I'll get it back in the end. This box will be available to ALL countries so anyone who wishes to sign up please be aware you may incur international shipping charges. Also, I'll be limiting the number of signups to 12 so it'll be easier for me to keep track of it's movement. The first 12 to reply in this thread that they'd like to participate will be selected. I will then contact each via PM for addresses and then make a master shipping list based on location.

The rules are simple:

Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, embedded objects, clear casts, etc. As long as it's a turnable material it can go in the box.

I'd like for everyone to label their work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipping it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be sent to me as well as posted in the "Cast Away Box" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop.

I know life takes priority to our hobbies, but lets please do our best to streamline this project and only keep the box a max of 2 days so we can start another once this one has made it back to me.

SignUps will start NOW and will end Sunday, October 31st at 10:00 PM. Or when 12 people have signed up.

This has been approved by our activies manager Mike so it's all legit.

Brooks803

I am interested, but have not gotten to casting yet.

My hope is to keep this going year round so hopefully there will be constant chances to get involved once your set up for casting Phillip.

I guess it is a good thing I am up late!!! Can't sleep....This was a good thing this time!!

Count me in Jonathon!!

It's always good to check IAP every 30mins or else you loose all the good stuff! You made it worth it this time....11 spaces left.

3Peake

I'd like to join this:biggrin:,but it would mean shipping to the UK:confused:.
(just got some micas from coastal scents though,so gonna be playing:biggrin::biggrin:)

Brooks803

Awesome, glad to have some friends from up north participate! 7 left

I'd like to join this:biggrin:,but it would mean shipping to the UK:confused:.
(just got some micas from coastal scents though,so gonna be playing:biggrin::biggrin:)

Martin, glad to have you. We are part of an international site so this box is for any who wants to join in, no matter where they are. 6 to go!

why not, I'm in

Cool! 5 spots left

I was kinda hoping you'd join in Rich. That makes 4 remaining spots

Count me in.

You're in my friend. 3 spots left

Im in.

Tom

Yes you are. 2 left!

count me in! sounds like fun

Counted...1 to go!

I'd like to join in on all the fun.

Last but not least, our final participant!

Thanks to everyone who has signed up. We have our 12 participants so the signups are now closed. I'll PM each of you for address so I can compile a shipping list and have that posted asap and get this box on its way!

Last edited:

Brooks803

Alrighty, now that I have everyone's address I have put together the master shipping list. Here it is:

Brooks803
3Peake
Pensbydesign
Larrydnjr
Cpncrnch
1080Wayne
Jmhoff10500
Phunky_2003
TomW
Txphi67
Truckfixr
Pioneerpens
Ptownsubbie
Brooks803

So I'll be shipping out our box either this Sat, Oct. 30th or Monday Nov 1st to Martin in the UK. I'll take some pics of what's going in the box and I encourage everyone else to do the same. What I'll do is send each person the address of the next in line when their turn is up. Everyone please remember to have delivery conformation and to post the tracking info to the thread as well as PM it to me. Mike has been kind enough to make this thread a sticky so post anything that has to do with the box here so everyone can see and find it. Thanks and lets all enjoy each others work!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Friendly suggestion, Jonathon.

Set up your schedule so the box goes international as few times as possible. That is, send it to the UK, have it tour there, then have it sent to the Canadians, where it tours and is sent back to the USA, where it tours.

The order of countries is not important, but the number of "boarder crossings" should be minimized. Remember, every time it gets to Customs, you have a potential for long delays.

FWIW, ignore, if you like.

Brooks803

I did consider just that but I talked with wayne up in canada and our research was that the shipping from canada to the uk was more than double what we'd pay in the states. I just wanted to try and keep the costs down for everyone. I do appreciate the help Ed.

Brooks803

Here's a teaser pic of the box before it goes out to the UK.

Attachments

• 102_9588.jpg
    102_9588.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 326

Brooks803

Ok folks, our cast away box has officially been mailed off to the UK. So keep an eye out for it Martin (3peake). Since it was shipped internationally I couldn't put any type of delivery conformation on it. Maybe on the next go around I'll look into shipping outside the country via ups or something so we can track it. I'll be sending the next address to Martin via PM so he'll be able to send it back out quickly.

3Peake

The box arrived this morning and I was like a kid in a sweet shop( I also received 3 other boxes from USA,1x new micas and 2 from CSUSA:cool:).
Had a real dilema of which to exchange but finally let my wife decide and my son picked 1 as well.So put some more in the box until it was full again, then took them out to photograph and put back in and fitted an extra 1 in:rolleyes: so out they came to photo and here's the results....
Picture001-1.jpg

It's now been taken to the Post Office and sent back on it's way to the US, so keep an eye out for it Steve(pensbydesign):wink:.
Hopefully it won't take too long.
Thanks Jonathon,all the blanks are georguos and I had a hard time deciding as I wanted to keep them all.Hope you like the ones I put in:biggrin:

Brooks803

Cool! Glad the shipping time wasn't extreme. Martin, those blanks you put in are awesome! I hope atleast 1 can make it back here to me.

I gotta get in on the next one.... Some very cool stuff here.

My plan is to immediately start up a new box as soon as the first makes it back to me so keep an eye on the thread to see when it's getting closer to home and as to when I'll be starting signups for the next one

Brooks803

I haven't heard anything on my end. I know it takes a bit longer for packages to enter the country than leave it so hopefully that's all it is. Ill try to get in touch with steve none the less

Brooks803

Ok everyone. I just heard from steve (pensbydesign) and the box has already come and gone so Larry (Larrydnjr) keep an eye out and please let us know when it arrives.

LarryDNJR

I just received the box today! Some nice looking stuff in there hard choices what to take and leave. :) I hope what I put in can be put to use.

Question do I need to re-tape the existing box or getting a new box to wrap everything up ok?

Also I need the address for the next individual in line for when I get it shipped in a few days.

Thanks!

LarryDNJR

Also I'll get a picture up as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Brooks803

I just received the box today! Some nice looking stuff in there hard choices what to take and leave. :) I hope what I put in can be put to use.

Question do I need to re-tape the existing box or getting a new box to wrap everything up ok?

Also I need the address for the next individual in line for when I get it shipped in a few days.

Thanks!

LarryDNJR

Also I'll get a picture up as soon as I can.

Thanks Larry. Use a new box so there's no risk of losing anything from a torn side or something. You can get them free at the post office as well as a label. Also...this is the important part...please put delivery confirmation on the box and post the tracking # here in the thread so everyone can see it's movement. I'll PM you with the next address now.

LarryDNJR

I apologize for the delay this whole weekend has had one thing after another going on.

I promise to have the box mailed Monday and post a tracking number after doing so.

Here is a before and after picture of the contents.

I hope someone can find the items I put in useful. I'm still new to casting and haven't gotten to the ability I'd like to achieve yet.

Thanks

LarryDNJR

Attachments

• CastAwayReceive.jpg
    CastAwayReceive.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 244
  • CastAwaySent.jpg
    CastAwaySent.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 229

LarryDNJR

Cast Away Box mailed today headed to Pontiac, MI. Keep an eye out Rich (capcrnch)!

Delivery confirmation # 0310 2010 0001 1660 1974

I apologize for slowing things up on this.

LarryDNJR

capcrnch

Whoo hoo!

Hopefully I don't slow it down from moving on!

I'm going to cast today, so the next recipient gets some fresh blanks!

Top Bottom