Cast Away Box Part II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Here's what's going out to Jeremy (glycerine) tomorrow. Also, here is the tracking # 9405 5036 9930 0174 4740 71 I just created the label so it's not in the system yet, but it is the right #.

Also, for those who might not be familiar with this. You can save some $ by printing your shipping label at https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do it's free to sign up and it works similar to paypal. If anyone has any questions on this just let me know and I'll try to walk you through it.

Attachments

• 100_2948 (700x671).jpg
    100_2948 (700x671).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 213

glycerine

According to the tracking, the box should be waiting for me when I get home from work. If you want to go ahead and get the next lucky winner, I'll swap out some blanks, snap some pics and send it on it's merry way tomorrow...

Brooks803

Thanks for the heads up Jeremy!

Here are the 3 names for next in line:

65GTMustang

Louie

Pensbydesign

Remember, the FIRST to respond IN THIS THREAD will be next to get the box. Good luck!

glycerine

No one wants them? That's ok, I'll keep them!
Seriously, I had a hard time choosing which ones to keep. Jonathan, you make some nice blanks (and your wife, I saw one in there with her name on it!)
Anyway, I took 4 and left 4. Here are pics of the 4 I added to the package and a pic of all that I will be sending out whenever someone steps up to the plate!

terryf

I wonder who stocks a drill bit to drill a hole through number 3?? :tongue::tongue:

No one wants them? That's ok, I'll keep them!
Seriously, I had a hard time choosing which ones to keep. Jonathan, you make some nice blanks (and your wife, I saw one in there with her name on it!)
Anyway, I took 4 and left 4. Here are pics of the 4 I added to the package and a pic of all that I will be sending out whenever someone steps up to the plate!

glycerine

terryf said:
I wonder who stocks a drill bit to drill a hole through number 3?? :tongue::tongue:

I always turn mine round first, so it doesn't matter if they are a little warped... #4 next to it started out the same way, I just didn't have time to turn them all round.

65GTMustang

Castings box

I probably missed this part along the way, so please excuse me for having to ask. How is the next person picked? It has my name and a couple of othes listed as to who could be next, are we supposed answer or does the person with the box decide.

Timebandit

3 names are picked randomly and the first person to post in the thread gets the box next. So if you see your name up there make a post and you get the box next.

Justin

Timebandit

Sorry I answered my own question I guess with my name being next I will be getting the box.....is this correct...thanks. Kevin

Nope!!!! You have to post in this thread that you want the box next!!!Just because your name is next or even up there does NOT mean you get the box. Post in this thread that you want the box next

The first person to post out of the three names up there gets the box next.

Timebandit

This is incorrect!!! He has to post in this thread that he wants the box next.If one of the other guys says he wants it next he will get it before him. Post that you want the box next!!

Sorry I answered my own question I guess with my name being next I will be getting the box.....is this correct...thanks. Kevin

You are correct!!! I'll ship it out later when I take a lunch break... as long as Brooks shares your address with me by then :)

glycerine

This is incorrect!!! He has to post in this thread that he wants the box next.If one of the other guys says he wants it next he will get it. Post that you want the box next!!

You are correct!!! I'll ship it out later when I take a lunch break... as long as Brooks shares your address with me by then :)

Maybe you're right, we'll let Jonathan decide!
EDIT: After reading the rules again, TECHNICALLY it just says the next person out of the three names to respond in the thread get the box. So even if he didn't know what he was responding to, he DID respond... does that count?

Last edited:

Timebandit

Thats what the rules say. And if not then i should be getting the box next because i was behind you on the first go around. He has to post that he wants the box next. Jonathan will clarify, but if i was him i would post in this thread that he wants the box next,just in case, other wise he might miss out. Just saying.

This is incorrect!!! He has to post in this thread that he wants the box next.If one of the other guys says he wants it next he will get it. Post that you want the box next!!

Maybe you're right, we'll let Jonathan decide!

Brooks803

I probably missed this part along the way, so please excuse me for having to ask. How is the next person picked? It has my name and a couple of othes listed as to who could be next, are we supposed answer or does the person with the box decide.

You're halfway there Kevin. Yes you are supposed to respond saying you'd like to get the box next. The arrangement I put the names has NO bearing on order. So if you'd like to get the box next please type a respond saying that you'd like to get it next. The reason for having to say "yes I'd like to get it next" is by saying so you're letting everyone know that you are able and willing to participate at that time and will do everything to quickly recieve and resend the box.

As of right now it is still up for grabs between 65Gtmustang, Louie, & Pensbydesign.

Ok...let me try and clear everything up.

This is how this is supposed to work.

I choose 3 names using a random number generator. I post those 3 names in the thread. The first person of those names to respond that they would like to recieve the box next will then get it. You must say that you want to get the box. It is ruled this way to prevent someone that might be out of town or going out of town from getting the box and slowing the process. After that person has responded the other names are put back into the number pool. They have no bearing on who is next or anything. So after Jeremy (glycerine) was the first to post to get the box the other 2 names (Timebandit & Goodturns) went back into the drawing along with everyone else to be chosen at random. There is no order to who gets the box. It's as random as I can make it and it leaves everyone to follow the thread to jump at their chance to get the box.

If there are any questions please ask. I don't want this to become frustrating for anyone. Hope that helps clear it up. It's a new process so it'll take some adjustment time. Thanks everyone and happy casting! :biggrin:

Last edited:

65GTMustang

SORRY ALL
I pretty thick headed and it takes a while for things to sink in.
I now understand and ask that you forgive my stupidity...lol

I wouldl like to have the box
Thanks
Kevin

Timebandit

glycerine

Ok, just printed the label online. Will drop off at the PO later. I posted pics already, here's the tracking number: 9405 9036 9930 0043 7381 89
Along with delivery confirmation, I also insured the package for $100. It only cost $2.30 extra and just in case something happened, I hate to see Jonathan lose all those blanks and get nothing in return!

65GTMustang

Letting everyone know I got the "Golden Egg" in the mail.
I will go through the box for my picks and then add to the box this weekend. It will be ready to ship on Monday if I can get the next batter up!
Kevin

Brooks803

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Snap a pic when you can!

Here are the next 3 up for grabs:

Truckfixr

Seamus7227

Goodturns

Remember, the FIRST person to reply IN THIS THREAD saying that they'd like to get the box next will be the one to get it. Good luck!

65GTMustang

if there are no objections to the group I have a couple of items that need to be sent to seamus would it be okay with the group of that I mail the box to seamus next. if there are any objections it is no big deal just thought I would ask thanks kevin

in regards to the pictures do I take a before and after or just a picture of what is being mailed

Last edited:

seamus7227

I'll take the box then. Originally, wasnt going to jump on it, but since the other two guys havent replied, only makes sense to. Who knows what will be in it when i ship it out!

Last edited:

kevrob

Dear Lord,

Please let me be chosen after Seamus. And please let there be one of Seamus' cast quarter blanks in it. Maybe even a Kansas quarter. Lol :biggrin:

Amen.

:bananen_smilies051:

Brooks803

if there are no objections to the group I have a couple of items that need to be sent to seamus would it be okay with the group of that I mail the box to seamus next. if there are any objections it is no big deal just thought I would ask thanks kevin

in regards to the pictures do I take a before and after or just a picture of what is being mailed

Before and afters are always nice, but anything will work!

As far as Seamus being next, yes he already claimed it so he's getting it next. Just be sure to keep the blanks for the cast away box separate from whatever it is you're sending Seamus. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of us if it wasn't refilled to capacity with blanks for everyone else to enjoy. Let us know the tracking # once you've sent it out!

Dear Lord,

Please let me be chosen after Seamus. And please let there be one of Seamus' cast quarter blanks in it. Maybe even a Kansas quarter. Lol :biggrin:

Amen.

:bananen_smilies051:

Lol...hell I'm considering pulling rank and slipping my own name into the next name pool! :biggrin:

seamus7227

Upon much debate as to whether I should make a quarter blank to throw in this box after it comes my way, not being sure where it may end up, I decided to get more interest on this thread and say that there will be a Tru-Quarter blank, but so that it could a universal blank, I've decided to go with a Bicentennial Quarter and I wont say what the background will be, so as to make it a surprise to the recipient!

heck ya, I ready to be drawn for the box. I bet this week anyone who signed up for the box is going to online 24 7.:biggrin: especially since it is coming from the quarter guru!

seamus7227

well, here is my progress with the cast away quarter blank:

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-08-07 08.22.41.jpg
    2011-08-07 08.22.41.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 155
Top Bottom