Cast Away Box Part II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Attention ALL pen blank casters!

It's time to get the next round started! With the increase of "homebrew" casters I think this is a great way for everyone to share their work with the penturning community. There will be some changes to the rules to help streamline this project as well as prevent loss of the package. I'll start things off by filling a small flat rate box with as many home cast blanks as possible and send that to the 1st participant. They will select a few blanks and replace and refill the box to capacity with their own castings. It's that simple.

There will be a new process to determine the shipping order. Once the signups have ended I will generate a master list and I will select 3 people at random. I will then post those 3 names in the thread. The FIRST of those 3 names to reply IN THE THREAD will be the next person in line to get the box. My hope in doing this will allow those that travel for work, or may have an event that wouldn't allow them to quickly participate to opt out of recieving the box. So if your name is chosen and you KNOW you have something going on that will hinder your timing then please hold out and your name WILL come up again. There will be a 24hr response time and if no one responds to the thread I will select 3 new names. I'd like to have a 2 day max time that the box is at any location to help speed things along.

This go around I'm increasing the number or participants to 20. Signups will start NOW and will last until either 20 have signed up or until 10pm 8-1-2011 whichever comes first.

So here are the rules:

1. To be able to participate you MUST have your full name and location in your IAP profile.

2. You must be able to ship internationally. This is open to ALL casters so at any time you may have to pay for international shipping. If you can not do this then please do not sign up.

3. Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, Embedded objects, Clear casts, etc. is fair game as long as it's turnable and you cast it.

4. I'd like for everyone to label their work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

5. I'd also like for everyone to include a before and after picture so we can all watch it's progress.

6. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part II" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

7. HAVE FUN and put some cool blanks in the box! Last go around we all sorts of great blanks from worthless wood to mammoth ivory. I'd like to see that type of trend continue.

Those are the rules folks. If you feel you can not adhere to them please don't sign up.

Sign Ups start NOW. If there are any questions please ask them in the thread for all to see. Thanks and Happy Casting!

seamus7227

I guess I'm gonna start this bad boy off right away and be the first to enter! I wouldnt mind contributing some of my work!
Dangit, Jon beat me to it!:biggrin:

GoodTurns

I guess I'm gonna start this bad boy off right away and be the first to enter! I wouldnt mind contributing some of my work!
Dangit, Jon beat me to it!:biggrin:

I will be happy to cede 1st place in this to Seamus...I would love to get the box AFTER he puts in goodies! :biggrin:

Bellsy

If there is room count me in please. Otherwise I'll try to grab the next train leaving town.

Maybe we can get enough people to do 2 at the same time.

Dave

Brooks803

Alright. Sorry for the delay. We had a really bad storm and my internet has been out. Still is too! Im going to stand at my 20 person limit. Juteck was #20 so everyone before him is included. I have been contacted about doing a 2nd box. Ill get back on that once my internet is back up. Typing on my phone is a pain so I hope its fast!

Brooks803

Alright! Customer Service should always be that easy. Now that I have my internet again here is where we are.

I'm taking the 1st 20 people to sign up. Eric (Buzzz) is in the works of getting approval to start a 2nd box that he will be in control of. If that goes through please be on the lookout for his thread.

Here are the 20 participants:
GoodTurns
Seamus7227
65GTMustang
Warreng8170
PTownSubbie
Crickett
Pensbydesign
Kevrob
Louie
Truckfixr
Timebandit
Scrollsawwoodart
Phunky_2003
TomW
Theidlemind
1080Wayne
G1Pens
Ttalsma
glycerine
Juteck

I'll be sending each a PM asking for your addresses. Once I have them all we'll get things started with the first shipping selection!

Brooks803

HERE WE GO!!!

Alright Folks. I have everyone's address so now it's time to see who is the first to get the box. I've assigned each person a number and I'm using a random number generator via google. Good luck everyone!

Remember, the FIRST person to reply IN THIS THREAD will be the first to get the box.

Here are the first 3 names:

TimeBandit

Glycerine

Goodturns

Brooks803

Like I used to hear in Vegas everyday at work...."Winner winner chicken dinner!"

Congrats Jeremy! I'll put everything together and get a pic taken. Then it's off to the Post office tomorrow AM.

Top Bottom