Cast Away Box III Signups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Well crapola!!! My name gets drawn and I'm busy watching a football game. Looks like I am going to have to drive to Michigan and break some knee caps at the mail box. Better watch out Todd. Never know whats around the corner.

ttalsma

Well crapola!!! My name gets drawn and I'm busy watching a football game. Looks like I am going to have to drive to Michigan and break some knee caps at the mail box. Better watch out Todd. Never know whats around the corner.

You may have to deal with my wife on that one. Just remember, she's a Wolverine! Well, at least for a while!

Seer

I recieved the box Saturday and after seeing what was in it I figured to put some of my bowling ball pieces blanks in it so off I went to pour them. I wanted to add 5 x 7/8 blanks but the resin gods messed up and all the pieces decided to float so I am going to pour a new batch today with more pieces and get the box out to Rounder in a couple days if you don't mind otherwise I have some shorter ones that would be great for single barrel pens or put 2 of them together for a 2 part pen. Let me know ok and I can post pics of both of them. I added pics below for some of the blanks and what the pens look like.
THe pic with 4 are the shorter one barrel blanks which are long enough for an Electra type an the others are the ones from yesterdays pour.

Attachments

• IMG_5592.jpg
    IMG_5592.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5593.jpg
    IMG_5593.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5594.jpg
    IMG_5594.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Bowlingball Pieces Sierra 1a_resize.JPG
    Bowlingball Pieces Sierra 1a_resize.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Elektra RB Bowling Ball A 1180_resize.JPG
    Elektra RB Bowling Ball A 1180_resize.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Rounder

I recieved the box Saturday and after seeing what was in it I figured to put some of my bowling ball pieces blanks in it so off I went to pour them. I wanted to add 5 x 7/8 blanks but the resin gods messed up and all the pieces decided to float so I am going to pour a new batch today with more pieces and get the box out to Rounder in a couple days if you don't mind otherwise I have some shorter ones that would be great for single barrel pens or put 2 of them together for a 2 part pen. Let me know ok and I can post pics of both of them. I added pics below for some of the blanks and what the pens look like.
THe pic with 4 are the shorter one barrel blanks which are long enough for an Electra type an the others are the ones from yesterdays pour.

Hi Seer,
I would love for you to send the box to me, BUT, I wasn't the first to respond. TTalsma was first and it needs to go to him.:eek::frown: I will have to fairly wait my turn as I don't expect I want to go to Michigan just to get chewed up and spit out by a Wolverine, LOL. If it was just Todd, I might chance it, but he says he is going to sic the wife on me and that is DANGEROUS!!! My turn will come.

Seer

In the mail today USPS 03100480000228436489 and of course pictures. I took out 5 and put in 6 hope they are well recieved. The bowling ball pieces blanks require a light touch and charp tools. Also keep your thin CA handy as I have had blow outs on them as well but they do make a very interesting pen.

Attachments

• IMG_5590.jpg
    IMG_5590.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5596.jpg
    IMG_5596.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 128

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks like my blanks didnt last long:biggrin:. Hopefully you guys post some pics when finished

ttalsma

OK, Here are photos of before and after.

Before:

1_Blanks_before.jpg

After:

1_Blanks_after.JPG

The blanks I'm adding are the upper left.

Box should be in the mail tomorrow. Waiting for an address verification!

crabcreekind

got the box today took out 3 and 1/2 put 4 back.. it took me a while to arrange them properly to make them all fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20110901_175023.jpg
    IMG_20110901_175023.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20110901_175342.jpg
    IMG_20110901_175342.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20110901_175351.jpg
    IMG_20110901_175351.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 141

Buzzzz4

I get the box left, but I don't know if that's the pick of the litter. Here's the next three names.

Jasonsosa
Terryf
Navycop

Brooks803

You probably won't be able to send it out until Tuesday James. Sunday's tomorrow and the PO will be close Mon for Labor Day!

Btw...When's my name gonna come up??? Not even a chance to get it yet! :tongue::biggrin:

Buzzzz4

Brooks803 said:
You probably won't be able to send it out until Tuesday James. Sunday's tomorrow and the PO will be close Mon for Labor Day!

Btw...When's my name gonna come up??? Not even a chance to get it yet! :tongue::biggrin:

Those darn random number generators ;)

crabcreekind

technically i posted that on friday.. my mom dropped it off at the po and they took it.. so it is gone now.

Top Bottom