Cast Away Box III Signups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's a before and after pic. The red and black blanks some very nice stuff hidden beneath the resin. Wooly Mammoth:eek:

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0002 (Small).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_0003 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0003 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 144

Majorbdk

I don't mean to be stupid but should be label the blanks we add so other know who added them? I want to make sure that when I use the blank, I give the maker credit.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
all the blanks have been labeled. Their just turned so you cant see them. Eric where did you get your labels? I really like them.

Majorbdk

Thanks Ernie. I guess I should have read the first post more closely.

4. I'd like for everyone to label their work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

Can't wait for my turn with the box.

Buzzzz4

I don't mean to be stupid but should be label the blanks we add so other know who added them? I want to make sure that when I use the blank, I give the maker credit.

Yes, please. It would be nice to have the maker and the material on each of the blanks.

Buzzzz4

Next three names:

Navycop
Firewhatfire
3Peake

First one to respond gets it. If we don't hear from one in 24hrs, 3 new names will come up.

Thanks!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I'm going to desperately try and mail this tomorrow. Dont know if I can get away to mail at lunch. If not it will go in the mail Monday.

firewhatfire

I looked it over decided I would take two of them. I would have like to take the whole box but figured I will share. Here is what I saw when I got it spilled out.
castawayblankswap001.jpg

here is after I dropped 3 in to replace the 2 and the 3 I dropped back in.
castawayblankswap003.jpg

castawayblankswap004.jpg

D.Oliver

Phil that is a really nice Mother of Pearl blank you created. Seeing that box of goodies almost makes me want to get into casting. It would probably just be cheaper to by all those blanks though!

Rounder

AWWWWWWWW MANNNNNNN!!! I just knew I would be next!:frown::eek::bulgy-eyes::wink:
Oh well, maybe Arizona will add some cool blanks and then it will be me, I just know it will!!!:biggrin:

DISCLAIMER:please do not at any time assume that I am in any way, shape or form serious about anything I am saying above or in the previous post. Just trying to make things fun.

Buzzzz4

AWWWWWWWW MANNNNNNN!!! I just knew I would be next!:frown::eek::bulgy-eyes::wink:
Oh well, maybe Arizona will add some cool blanks and then it will be me, I just know it will!!!:biggrin:

DISCLAIMER:please do not at any time assume that I am in any way, shape or form serious about anything I am saying above or in the previous post. Just trying to make things fun.

I'm open to BRIBES!!! :biggrin:

D.Oliver

I'm open to BRIBES!!! :biggrin:

What?!!! And all this time I have been planning a DB Cooper style hijacking out the back of USPS plane.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Work got in the way of me claiming my stake on the box, #$%^&#*. Maybe next round will be posted at a better time for me.

firewhatfire

I only took 2 but managed 3 to replace it them. That Opal looking one has Summit Turqoise, Ultra Violet, Ultra Gold, Mica White Pearl and Macro Pearl in it. I think I need to hire an Octopus to do my pouring.

EBorraga that Black blank was calling my name although I have no idea what kit to put it on. That and the other I chose will go into my home collection when done. It will be 2 firsts for me, first alumilite and first embedded objects. Any tips for working it?

Buzzzz4

first alumilite and first embedded objects. Any tips for working it?[/quote]

The Alumilite will turn like butter. CA finish for both and you will have some beautiful pens.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
The Mammoth Ivory takes sharp tools and light cuts. My woodchuck cuts it like butter though:biggrin:. Just take your time and if you blow it up let me know. I can send you a spare if needed!!!

Buzzzz4

The Mammoth Ivory takes sharp tools and light cuts. My woodchuck cuts it like butter though:biggrin:. Just take your time and if you blow it up let me know. I can send you a spare if needed!!!

I don't suppose the other Ivory will make it to the end. :rolleyes:

EBorraga

In Memoriam

I have alot of the Ivory Eric. What color do you want it in? I just got a sweet, new to me bandsaw today, 10" delta. I have some big pieces that needed to be cut down to size.

Buzzzz4

I have alot of the Ivory Eric. What color do you want it in? I just got a sweet, new to me bandsaw today, 10" delta. I have some big pieces that needed to be cut down to size.

That black looked pretty cool.

Buzzzz4

The box has made it to Arizona and will be ready soon for its next recipient. Here are the next three names:

Rounder
ttalsma
Jason Sosa

First one to speak up will have the box coming their way!

Top Bottom