Cast Away Box III Signups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Thanks to Jonathon (Brooks) and Mike (mbroberg), we will get another box going. This one is for those who missed Box II so please do not sign up for this one if you are in on the other box currently going around.

I'll start things off by filling a small flat rate box with as many home cast blanks as possible and send that to the 1st participant. They will select a few blanks and replace and refill the box to capacity with their own castings. It's that simple.

I will use the same process to determine the shipping order. Once the signups have ended I will generate a master list and I will select 3 people at random. I will then post those 3 names in the thread. The FIRST of those 3 names to reply IN THIS THREAD will be the next person in line to get the box. My hope in doing this will allow those that travel for work, or may have an event that wouldn't allow them to quickly participate to opt out of recieving the box. So if your name is chosen and you KNOW you have something going on that will hinder your timing then please hold out and your name WILL come up again. There will be a 24hr response time and if no one responds to the thread I will select 3 new names. I'd like to have a 2 day max time that the box is at any location to help speed things along.

This box will be limited to the first 20 Signups starting NOW and will last until either 20 have signed up or until 10pm 8-8-2011 whichever comes first.

So here are the rules:

1. To be able to participate you MUST have your full name and location in your IAP profile.

2. You must be able to ship internationally. This is open to ALL casters so at any time you may have to pay for international shipping. If you can not do this then please do not sign up.

3. Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, Embedded objects, Clear casts, etc. is fair game as long as it's turnable and you cast it.

4. I'd like for everyone to label their work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

5. I'd also like for everyone to include a before and after picture so we can all watch it's progress.

6. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part II" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

7. HAVE FUN and put some cool blanks in the box! Last go around we all sorts of great blanks from worthless wood to mammoth ivory. I'd like to see that type of trend continue.

Those are the rules folks. If you feel you can not adhere to them please don't sign up.

Sign Ups start NOW. If there are any questions please ask them in the thread for all to see. Thanks and Happy Casting! --Eric B. (Buzzzz4)

I'm in also with brooks on the cast away box if you do not hit your 20 mark in the next 2 days.

These types of activities are what make this site completely different from all the rest. This is a top notch website with a bunch of great people.

I wish I could be involved more in some of the behind the scenes items as well. Not sure who to ask or where to look for possible opportunities to help. If ya have any ideas or need help shoot me a PM.

Jesse

Buzzzz4

We are at 16, time to open it up to those in the Cast Away II box if you are interested. Room for 4 more. Jonathon Brooks, I have you in the 16 already.

Thanks!

Buzzzz4

We have our 20. Tonight I will randomly select 3 names. The first to respond will get the box with lots of variety. The other 2 names will go back in the pool. Once the first recipient receives the box, I will select another 3 names, the first to respond of those 3 will receive the box next.
When shipping, please post a photo of the box and post a tracking number. The goal is to keep the box moving as fast as possible. Please contact me with any questions. Keep an eye out for the first three names and please send me your address if you haven't already.

Thanks!

Buzzzz4

Here's the box ready for it's first stop.

Attachments

• P8090199.jpg
    P8090199.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 178

terryf

bugger!! Im off to Europe on Satuday for three weeks although it will take three weeks to get here!!!

I'd love to take it but I know its going to be delayed "sniff sniff"
I must pass it onto the next guy I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

oh I like the looks of those red and blue ones on the upper right :) What are those inside the blanks?

The wood fushion blanks are with Boxelder Burl and the other two are small pinecones from the Australian Pine. All are poured with Alumilite.

EBorraga or Bellsy have till 7 pm EST to claim the box then I will draw 3 new names.

Buzzzz4

On its way to Hillbilly Country. Tracking number is 420402169101936503012160576627 via USPS. It will head out with the post man in the morning.

Also, to be clear. We are exchanging out a few blanks, not swapping out the whole box. The box is starting with some variety, and it would be good to have a sampling of different casters for people to chose from. Thanks!

Here are some teaser pics of pens made from similar blanks n the box.

249350_10150327228055692_142460600691_10074792_3126099_n.jpg
180900_10150129456435692_142460600691_8555637_1005904_n.jpg

268701_10150296416880692_142460600691_9764978_2601128_n.jpg
254469_10150258972045692_142460600691_9503899_6851500_n.jpg

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Eric I hadn't planned on taking the whole box.:biggrin: Just 2 or 3. I found 3 real nice blanks to put in their place. Just hope they fit as they are square.

Buzzzz4

EBorraga said:
Eric I hadn't planned on taking the whole box.:biggrin: Just 2 or 3. I found 3 real nice blanks to put in their place. Just hope they fit as they are square.

No worries, I'm watching box 2 go around and just want to avoid the hiccups I see there.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Box just arrived. I'll take a before pic in a few minutes. Eric you've got some fine castings in there. Not sure which blanks i'll pick, but my 3 are ready to be put in there. I've never turned Alumilite so it looks like i'm gonna try one of those.

So draw some names and see where it goes from here:biggrin:

Top Bottom