Casing pen Prize Drawing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

This is the winners drawn by my daughter. Please contact you perspective generous donor to receive your prize!

Winners are listed in Red

Corian King ...
Robert Becker, Editor of All American Crafts, 1 year subscription to Woodturning Design Magazine!

Wizard ...Curtis Seebeck, aka Mesquiteman , $25 gift cert for Turntex.com!

MaxMan 400 ...Ed/Dawn, Exoticblanks.com, $20 gift certificate!... not valid on guest artist merchandise.

Bruce Robbins, aka BRobbins629, a hand made silver clip of which you will have a couple options to chose from! Winner is Capt Gary.

John Underhill, aka JohnU, a Jr feather blank set! Winner is 2nd place Mudpuppie!

Seer ...Constant Laubscher, aka Constant, $20 gift certificate at Lazerlines.com!

EBarraga ...Mannie Steglich, aka Monty, $20 gift cert at Wooden Wonders!

Hunter27...John Goodin, aka JohnnyCNC, $20 Appleby's gift cert!

rfturner ...Mark Ligget , aka Ligget, $20 gift cert, you choose the store!

Chuck Key ...Bruce Egolf , aka Bruce119, A Jr Gent Benjamin blank set !

John Crane ...Mike Redburn , aka Mredburn , A sterling silver slimline kit from silverpenparts.com!

Wade45 ...Richard DeArment, aka Randbcrafts, $20 gift certificate for Randbcrafts.com!

MBroberg ...Nolan, aka Nolan, $20 gift certificate for any blanks by Nolan!

THarvey ...Gary Greenberg , aka GaryMGg , A few beautiful burl pen blanks and pouches,!

Madmax ...John Crane, aka johncrane is donating a few beautiful Aussie burls from his native homeland!

Toni Ransfield, aka Toni, A Paua Shell from New Zealand! 1st place Winner: Eric <Sylvanite> ...he also wants world peace. :laugh:

LarryDNR ...Cathy Sue, aka CSue, $25 gift certificate at Lowes!

Keith DeLong , aka mrburls, A full size Rhodium Gentleman Rolleball kit! Winner, 3rd place, Seamus!

That leaves unfortunately 5 entries only that did not win a prize ....hmmmm, well ED Brown says that just won't do and I agree!

Everyone's a winner !!!!! :biggrin:

Drawing #2 ....

Bruce Robbins
JTDesigns

You two crazy characters contact Ed for a $20 gift certificate at Exoticblanks.com :biggrin:

va3jff
TDJUMR
Penturner297

You three go to exoticblanks.com, into the guest artist section and view my personal selection. You each get 1 blank, anything you want that values up to $21 or less. Contact Ed4copies and tell him what blank you would like to have and he'll take that blank off the site and send it to you!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tdjumr

Thank You

I would like to thank all of the donors for such a great prize list. Also I want to give an added thanks to Ed and Jeff for stepping up and supplying prizes for the few that didn't win a prize in the initial drawing (I'm one of them). Looking forward to turning one of your blanks Jeff.

Thanks,

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Cool!!!! Well done Jeff and EB!!!!

This has got to be the only contest on IAP ( or anywhere else for that matter) where every contestant won a prize!!!:biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks Jeff and Skippy. You guys ran a very nice event. Also there were some amazing pens made. Look forward to it next year.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Right...unless someone else is going to run the event so that I can enter, in which case there is no point in anyone else entering at all as that would be futile! :biggrin:

Well Jeff, with the lord willing and the creeks don't rise. I'll volunteer to run it next year. I'd enjoy seeing you and skippy blow us away with something.

RAdams

Banned
Shoot, I might even jump in and at least participate... I just gotta make a casing pen first!!

THarvey

THANK YOU.

My schedule has been so hectic, I completely missed this thread. That is, until GaryMGg sent me a PM for my mailing address.

Thank you all for sponsering a great contest.

Congratulations to everyone. There were some awesome pens.

(I will be shamelessly borrowing some of the ideas from the entries.)

THarvey

Tim,
I dropped your prize in the mail this afternoon. I hope you like 'em.

:present: This is like Christmas in August or a second Birthday. You bet, I'm going to enjoy this.

Thank YOU.

:bananen_smilies026: :bananen_smilies051: :bananen_smilies104: :RockOn: :bananen_smilies039: :bananen_smilies027:

Big Thanks to Ed at Exotic's, Jeff Powell and all the sponsors of the casing pen challenge.I received my Dancing Dolphins blank today and it is awesome.

Sylvanite

Thanks Toni and Jeff!

WooHoo! I got my prizes for the contest! It's not world peace, but who needs that when you get chocolate? Toni also sent me a fantastic paua shell. I was thinking about how to make a pen from it, but it's too pretty as is.

Jeff also sent me this nice ribbon. My wife keeps finding new places to hang it up, lol.

Thanks again to both of you, and to everybody who made the challenge possible.

Regards,
Eric

Attachments

• PineappleLumps.jpg
    PineappleLumps.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 172
  • PauaShell.jpg
    PauaShell.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Ribbon.jpg
    Ribbon.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 139

workinforwood

Wow...I couldn't possibly cut that shell up either! Awesome. The ribbons were really great, big thanks to Steve for sharing the cost on those...I love having ribbons to display and remind you of good times past.

Top Bottom