Casing Contest Supplies Warning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

This is your 1 month warning post. The 2010 Casing Pen Challenge begins on July 1 and runs for approximately 3 weeks. This post is to allow those of you that do not have the necessary supplies to obtain them, so that there will be no excuses come contest time that you could not obtain what you needed in time.

There are 2 rules for the Casing Challenge this year. Rule number 1 is that you will need to use ammunition in your pen. NOT LIVE AMMO. DON'T EVEN MESS WITH LIVE AMMO!

It will not matter what kind of Ammo you use in your pen, and it will not matter how many different types of ammo are in your pen and it will not matter what parts of the ammo are used in your pen.

What is Ammo? Ammo will be defined as any type of bullet, artillery shell or arrow.

You will need to obtain these soon. You can also plan how you will want to use your ammo in a pen, but you can not build a pen until the contest starts.

Why not get a head start? Who will even know right? Well..we will know, because there is a second rule in addition to the use of ammunition and that rule is equally important, but you do not know what that is, so to build your actual contest pen/s now would be silly! :smile-big:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I question, is there a specific type of ammo that we need to use? Say like what size Bullet caliber we gotta use?

leestoresund

"Ammo will be defined as any type of bullet, artillery shell or arrow."

What caliber arrow?

I heard that Cochise used a 7.62 arrow with four feather fletch. :beat-up:

Lee

David M

any theme this year , 4th of july , red white and blue , or is it to be just a casing
lets get sturring , before it starts / wasnt last year fun.......

David

PaulDoug

I thought the rules were pretty plain:

"There are 2 rules for the Casing Challenge this year. Rule number 1 is that you will need to use ammunition in your pen. NOT LIVE AMMO. DON'T EVEN MESS WITH LIVE AMMO!"

workinforwood

I thought the rules were pretty plain:

"There are 2 rules for the Casing Challenge this year. Rule number 1 is that you will need to use ammunition in your pen. NOT LIVE AMMO. DON'T EVEN MESS WITH LIVE AMMO!"

EXACTLY...it's like cowboys and indians. You need bullets or arrows. Doesn't matter what kind, as long as they are real and they are not LIVE.
Further rules will be given when the contest begins. There will be another rule, so just bullets and/or arrows is not enough, but you will need one or the other or both to be in your pen. To make your pen now will most likely be futile..but you certainly have lots of time to make sure you have ammunition and you have time to think about how you might use it.

We do not condone messing around with live ammunition and especially live artillery shells. Any of this stuff is easily found in a safe state of being. We also do not condone the use of BB rounds. This is because of the lead. Do not have lead in your pen. Some bullets have lead in them, the lead should be removed for human safety. This is because some people like to chew on their pens..especially British people.:biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Looks to me like you've added something to the rules which is what I wanted to know. The ammo has to be "real" as in I cannot make a bullet casing from brass even if is to some standard dimension and even if it would work if I loaded it.

Mark

I've got my casings & several arrows & and new bullets in a matching caliber. I don't know that I can make a pen out of it, but I'm looking forward to trying, once the contest begins...

Thanks for putting this together..

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
For those that missed the last one or are new and don't know what to expect, then have a look at the pics from last year's contest

I think that this year should be even better as Jeff has broadened the type of material that can be used.
This early warning also is great news for the international guys as it gives enough time to get those parts in. Would be great to see some international entries:biggrin:

Top Bottom