Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Monkey Missile Madness

Thanks to Wolfat and Princess for the supplies. Good luck everyone!
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• mmm2.jpg
    mmm2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 998
  • mmm1.JPG
    mmm1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 983

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hey Neil, you don't have a file or a block of wood with some emery paper??:confused::biggrin:
Yep, I got that stuff, it just seemed to me that the brass was getting too thin to do what I was looking to do with it. I guess the main tool that I am missing is experience with metal work.

My entry is finished, Been days working on it, I will post it tonight when the stand is finished. Thanks for all the confidence, I will try not to let you guys down. >>>The Cat :cat:

Last edited:
Hi boys and girls here is my humble entry. Looks like Bruce was on the same track. I have been working on this for days and about fell over when I saw Bruce's rocket. Anyways, whats more patriotic than a good old fashioned U.S. missile so here it is, a "SAM" Surface to Air Missile click pen and swivel launcher base. To extend the pen you push the tail fin assembly.. I built it with a Berea flat top click mechanism. Hope you all like it, I will post pictures of the construction in the SOYP forum.

2_sam11.jpg
1_sam4a.jpg

1_Rocket_pig.jpg

Last edited:

Rollerbob

Well, I'll just take my pen and put it in my purse now!!:redface: What a SAM!!!:cool::cool: BTW, where's the monkey?:biggrin:

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's it, I quit:mad:

jeesh, dead deer slimlines to a monkey doing something obscene to a missile and now WMD rockets!!!! No subtlety with you lot is there????:biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
That's it, I quit:mad:

jeesh, dead deer slimlines to a monkey doing something obscene to a missile and now WMD rockets!!!! No subtlety with you lot is there????:biggrin:
Have now fear - this was supposed to be a pen contest, not a Weapon with Magnetic Detachment. I think he should change his name top CopyCat:) - stealing my idea!

keithlong

Pen Contest

Well Guys,
pens006-1.jpg
I will go ahead and post this little beginner pen for now, still working on my entry, but looks like i am already out in left field on this one. OH well, it is fun though and I am getting a lot of ideas.

bitshird

Wow...bullets are turning into rockets and the contest is switching to who has the most spanking monkey! I better go back to bed.

I think I'll just toss mine into the junk box. I was afraid of what the catmanwoulddo Hardee Harr Harr. unless someone goes Nuclear I think we is about to get our collective butts bombed.

Jim that pen is absolutely unreal.

Can anyone give me the formula for C4:confused:...........gotta an idea working!:eek:

Here you go BOB

C-4 is made up of explosives, plastic binder, plasticizer and, usually, marker or taggant chemicals such as 2,3-dimethyl-2,3-dinitrobutane (DMDNB) to help detect the explosive and identify its source.
As with many plastic explosives, the explosive in C-4 is RDX (cyclonite or cyclotrimethylene trinitramine), which makes up around 91% of C-4 by weight. The plasticizer is diethylhexyl or dioctyl sebacate (5.3%) and the binder is usually polyisobutylene (2.1%).
Another plasticizer used is dioctyl adipate (DOA). A small amount of SAE 10 non-detergent motor oil (1.6%) is also added. C-4 detonates with a pressure wave of about 8,040 m/s (26,400 ft/s), or 28,900 km/h (18,000 mph).
C-4 is manufactured by combining the noted ingredients with binder dissolved in a solvent. The solvent is then evaporated and the mixture dried and filtered. The final material is an off-white solid with a feel similar to modelling clay. The plasticized form of RDX, composition C-4, contains 91% RDX, 2.1% polyisobutylene, 1.6% motor oil, and 5.3% 2-ethylhexyl sebacate.

Rollerbob

Here you go BOB

C-4 is made up of explosives, plastic binder, plasticizer and, usually, marker or taggant chemicals such as 2,3-dimethyl-2,3-dinitrobutane (DMDNB) to help detect the explosive and identify its source.
As with many plastic explosives, the explosive in C-4 is RDX (cyclonite or cyclotrimethylene trinitramine), which makes up around 91% of C-4 by weight. The plasticizer is diethylhexyl or dioctyl sebacate (5.3%) and the binder is usually polyisobutylene (2.1%).
Another plasticizer used is dioctyl adipate (DOA). A small amount of SAE 10 non-detergent motor oil (1.6%) is also added. C-4 detonates with a pressure wave of about 8,040 m/s (26,400 ft/s), or 28,900 km/h (18,000 mph).
C-4 is manufactured by combining the noted ingredients with binder dissolved in a solvent. The solvent is then evaporated and the mixture dried and filtered. The final material is an off-white solid with a feel similar to modelling clay. The plasticized form of RDX, composition C-4, contains 91% RDX, 2.1% polyisobutylene, 1.6% motor oil, and 5.3% 2-ethylhexyl sebacate.
OK, got it!:rolleyes:............I'm pretty sure I''m good on the 1.6% motor oil........just need a few more things........Does Ebay sell these items?:confused: BTW, just exactly where is that SAM located? Ken, stand by on the guidance system!! Oh and Jim, it's just not natural to know this kinda stuff!! Therapy maybe?:biggrin:

OK, got it!:rolleyes:............I'm pretty sure I''m good on the 1.6% motor oil........just need a few more things........Does Ebay sell these items?:confused: BTW, just exactly where is that SAM located? Ken, stand by on the guidance system!! Oh and Jim, it's just not natural to know this kinda stuff!! Therapy maybe?:biggrin:

LOL, Bob, The S.A.M. is located here>>> Latitude: 39.5231686. Longitude: -75.8204929 . Maybe a Tom Tom for the guidance system??

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:redface: I think the Cat has blown us all away and it's gonna be a very long wait till the end of the month before it's confirmed.:rolleyes:

But I hope that doesn't stop any more entries:biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
:redface: I think the Cat has blown us all away and it's gonna be a very long wait till the end of the month before it's confirmed.:rolleyes:

But I hope that doesn't stop any more entries:biggrin:
It may take some work but I am willing to keep trying and hope others will too. He made a nice pen, that doesn't mean I'm going to throw in the towel, that means I have to come out swinging. I'm just going to have to come up with a real bunker buster. Now if I only knew how.

Remember, this is a pen making contest, not a pen holder contest. It is a nice pen though.

bitshird

Neil, It may well be a waste of time, but as I recomember (that's redneck for reckoning and remembering) this was supposed to be fun, I mean just cause some of these guys are PMG members doesn't mean they can't be whupped it my require some serious whuppass but since I'm an old man, I really don't have much else to do except apply Poison Oak Medicine to both legs and one other place I'd rather not mention.

You guys are too much, Please keep posting your pens and don't mind me, I have something seriously wrong with my brain :) I am working on my real submission pen now, we get two chances right ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rollerbob

Now John, that's a nice one......................any chance of it having some type of lazer that possibly hones in on cats?:smile-big:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom