Birthday Bash Calender

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What about that Birthday Bash Calender? Please read and vote.

• The Birthday Bash Calendar used in the 2013 Birthday Bash was useful.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • The Birthday Bash Calendar used in the 2013 Birthday was not useful.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I like the idea of a calender, but not that calender, a differnt kind of calender

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • There is a Birthday Bash Calender??????

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Please read this post before voting
During the 2013 Birthday Bash there was a Birthday Bash calender. It is located here

The hope was that this would give members a quick place to look to see what was going on, on any given day. I really have no way of seeing how many times the calender was viewed, or how helpful it was. I'm trying to determine whether time and effort should be putting into the calender next year, or if anything about the calender should be changed for next year.

This poll will remain open indefinitely. Future IAP activities will be influenced by the results.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Please read this post before voting
During the 2013 Birthday Bash there was a Birthday Bash calender. It is located here

The hope was that this would give members a quick place to look to see what was going on, on any given day. I really have no way of seeing how many times the calender was viewed, or how helpful it was. I'm trying to determine whether time and effort should be putting into the calender next year, or if anything about the calender should be changed for next year.

This poll will remain open indefinitely. Future IAP activities will be influenced by the results.
I really didn't notice that it existed. And, I had to do some looking to find how to get to it after I did learn it was there. Maybe the link should be more prominently placed.

Last edited:

Katya

I used it a few times during the month, and I liked the tool. I don't think I saw the auctions on it though- could be wrong about that. Perhaps it could be an icon that you click on? I agree with Smitty that it should be more prominent.

randyrls

Michael; I like the idea of a calendar, but I check the Calendar for birthdays about once a week to see if anyone I know is getting older :)

The events are good, but seeing both the events and birthdays would be better.

Thanks for putting on a great bash!

mbroberg

I used it a few times during the month, and I liked the tool. I don't think I saw the auctions on it though- could be wrong about that. Perhaps it could be an icon that you click on? I agree with Smitty that it should be more prominent.

The auctions were not listed. We fit the auctions in when we (primarily our world class auctioneer, Ed Brown) have time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

mbroberg

Michael; I like the idea of a calendar, but I check the Calendar for birthdays about once a week to see if anyone I know is getting older :)

The events are good, but seeing both the events and birthdays would be better.

Thanks for putting on a great bash!

The Birthday Bash Calender and the Members Birthdays Calender were two separate calenders. You should have still been able to get to the Members Birthday Calender like always.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Maybe it's just me --- I don't use quick links much. I just check birthdays on the home page. I would have used the calendar if I'd know about it.

HamTurns

Where are calendars found?

Michael - The calendar is great, but I must admit I did not know about it until you pointed it out in this thread.

So since you pointed it out, and other calendars were mentioned I went looking for those. I couldn't find any at all. :confused:

Then I did a search for calendar, but that didn't do it. I'm the first to admit that I haven't been a member for even a year and I probably don't know how to navigate this site as well as others, but I couldn't find the calendars.

I think the calendar is a great and very usefull idea, making it more "Visable" for guys like me would make it even better.

Tom

mbroberg

This poll was posted on 3/8/13. As of 3/10/13 @ 7:30pm EST 37 people have voted in this poll. I want everyone to have the opportunity to provide a vote. If you have not done so yet, why not take a second and cast a vote?

alphageek

Former Moderator
If the calendars ready in advance, maybe a nice PDF of the calendar would work better. It seemed to me too small and crowded. Better would be something that had the key start and end dates. Daily stuff almost would need to be on it.

mbroberg

Not a real controversial issue here! Only 51 people cared enough to vote and the majority of them didn't even know there was a calender. I'll try to find a better calender for future Birthday Bashes. Thanks to all who voted.

Last edited:

76winger

This is the first I saw this poll and as many others I don't think I looked at the calendar either.

I do recall seeing notice of its existence, but honestly the past couple months have flown by tremendously fast for me and I had little time to keep up with most goings on this year, except to purchase a mug and put and entry in the mug contest. All this to say I don't really know if it would have been useful or not. My only way of keeping up was seeing the regularly replied to messages show up in the most recent threads section of the home page.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, I was one of those that didn't even know there was a calendar..
Maybe just a link on the front page where the contests were listed would suffice.

Please don't be upset with the lack of votes. As in real life, 80% of the graft is done by 20% of the people.

Top Bottom