August PITH Rules and Sign-ups.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
As with all IAP activities, the IAP Activity Rules apply to this PITH.

This is a PITH. PITH stands for Pen In The Hat. If we could ever be so lucky to find ourselves in one big room we could have a real PITH. Everyone would put one of their pens into a hat. The hat would be passed among us. Each of us would draw a pen out of the hat to keep as our own. Since we can't all get together in one place we do the next best thing. We take signups.

The PITH chairperson assigns each participant a number. When the signups close the PITH chairperson uses www.random.org and randomizes the list of numbers 5 times. After the fifth time the list is copied into a spreadsheet. The PITH chairperson then repeats the process a second time and creates a second list. The second list is copied into the spreadsheet next to the first list. The lists of numbers are then converted into lists of names based on the previous assignment of numbers to names. The results will then be published in a thread. Participants will find their name in the left hand list and make and send a pen to the person opposite them in the right hand list.
Participants will have 6 weeks to make and send a pen to their assigned person.

There is a theme to this PITH. Actually, there are two. Participants can choose one or the other depending upon how creative they feel and how much they want to challenge themselves.

Choice #1. August is, perhaps, the hottest month of the year. Pens made by participants choosing this theme will create pens that reflect heat. Flames, bright reds and oranges, or any other representation of "Hot" should be incorporated into the pen.

Choice #2. For those wanting a little tougher challenge, and keeping with the International aspect of our association, choice # 2 pays tribute to London's Notting Hill Carnival, one of the largest street festivals in the world. Think Caribbean steel drums; bright colorful costumes, exotic feathers, pacific blue, etc.

Please provide a brief description of what you did to incorporate the elements of your chosen theme into the pen you made.

Signups for the August, 2013 PITH begin now, in this thread. The signups will remain open until 80 individuals have signed up or until July 30, 2013, whichever comes first. Pairings will be posted on August 1, 2013. All participants should receive their pens by September 12, 2013.

Post any questions you have here so that the answer can be viewed by all.
Thanks and Enjoy!

John Smith

Sign me up please. Almost missed the last one so I am glad to be the first this time. Just boxed up the July PITH pens, so let the fun begin again.

John Smith

cwolfs69

I'm In. Oh boy, i'm the first as near as i can see in this one. already have an Idea in mind. co lets get it going. Hope i get international this time.

Joe S.

Once again, I need to finish up the last pith before I start this one. But sign me up! I'll get going on both right now!

Waluy

Count me in this should be interesting. Now to figure out how in the world I am gonna pull the theme in. Oh and also to finish up the last PITH.

Top Bottom