ARMED FORCES DAY - 5/18/2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Veterans Day is a day to honor those who have served to protect our freedoms.

Memorial Day is a day to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice while protecting our freedoms

Armed Forces Day is a day to honor those who are away from friends and family protecting our freedoms right now! Armed Forces Day is a single day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense. It is celebrated on the 3rd Saturday of May each year.

Can you spare one hour of time and a few materials for the men and women of our armed forces? One slimline pen, that's all we are asking for. This is a challenge to the IAP membership to provide 250 pens to http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/servicepens-2013-a-98908/ between now and May 18, 2013.

Many IAP members have donated a significant number of pens to the men and women of our Armed Forces. Others, for a variety of reasons, have not donated to this worthwhile cause. We are asking you do stop putting it off and donate just one pen to Service Pens. It is my understanding that slimline pens fit perfectly into the arm pockets of military fatigues and are therefore the preferred style of pen for this project.

If each active IAP members would send just one pen to Gary MgG we would easily reach our goal of 250 pens by 5/18/2013. If you would like to send more that one that's OK also. :)

So what do you say? Can you spare one pen for the men and women of our armed forces? You know they deserve it.:wink:

Edit in: Armed Forces Day is an American celebration. Many of our International members are supportive of programs similar to Service Pens, designed to provide pens to the men and women of their country's armed forces. This challenge is extended to those members also. Send a pen to a Service Pens program in your country if such a program is available.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

I would like to publicly thank Mike and the IAP for suggesting this event to honor our Armed Forces.
It's humbling to be associated with such good people.

The pens should be sent to:

ServicePens
c/o
Gary G.
275 W. Laila Dr
W Melbourne, FL 32904

You can learn more about ServicePens by following the link in my sig or contacting me directly.

Thank you, one and all.
Gary

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Need Kits????

If anyone wants to participate in this but can't afford to buy kits contact me. I will make 50 Creekline kits available at $1.00 per kit. Limit 5 kits per person to try to get more people involved. I'll pay the shipping.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If anyone wants to participate in this but can't afford to buy kits contact me. I will make 50 Creekline kits available at $1.00 per kit. Limit 5 kits per person to try to get more people involved. I'll pay the shipping.
Contact me via PM and include your name, your mailing address and your email address. I will send you a paypal invoice so I can keep my records straight.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Contact me via PM and include your name, your mailing address and your email address. I will send you a paypal invoice so I can keep my records straight.
OK we'll make it 10 kits per person still only $1.00 per kit shipped. I can't believe there have been no takers on this.....

wswem

If someone or someones could donate 20 gold slimline caps...I have all the rest of the components. I am making the pens out of Apple wood.

After all Ellijay GA is the "Apple Capital of Georgia".

Any asststance would be greatly appreciated.

PM me for information.

Thank you.

Warren

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
ONE PACKAGE LEFT

I STILL HAVE ONE PACKAGE OF 10 CREEKLINES FOR $10 INCLUDING SHIPPING LEFT. IF YOU WANT IN ON THIS BUT MONEY IS TIGHT HERE IS A GOOD CHANCE TO GET ON THE BUS.

Edit: Gone - SerenityWoodWorks has kindly bought these kits to be donated to the cause. I will send them to be turned by someone I know is a strong supporter of the service pens program.

Last edited:

GaryMGg

I will do a few more........

David,
I highly value your time and effort to help with this program.
This is Dave's "few more":

DavidN5Boxes.jpg

Top Bottom