2018 JAN. pre-BASH PITH Photos. - Page 7 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #61 (permalink)

Photos: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Seth Roland (rolandranch) was my PITH partner. We both had very busy months of Jan, so we are just now finishing up our swap. Seth's package arrived in today's mail, just as my package was leaving for Tucson.

I was thrilled when I saw that Seth was my partner because I am a real fan of his work. I'm truly honored to have one of his pens for my collection. Seth sent me an awesome Python skin Vertex RB and some gorgeous Thuya Burl & other blanks.

The casting & finish on this pen is truly amazing. There's no doubt that I got the better of this swap!

Thanks, Seth - you are a true craftsman!
Edgar
Thank you for the kind words Edgar!

I'm very glad to hear that you are happy with it. I had fun making it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the leather sleeve was made by my brother Nate.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail from you!

Seth

https://www.instagram.com/woodnotch/
https://www.instagram.com/knot_board/

I Corinthians 10:31
Rolandranch is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Photos: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandranch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Seth Roland (rolandranch) was my PITH partner. We both had very busy months of Jan, so we are just now finishing up our swap. Seth's package arrived in today's mail, just as my package was leaving for Tucson.

I was thrilled when I saw that Seth was my partner because I am a real fan of his work. I'm truly honored to have one of his pens for my collection. Seth sent me an awesome Python skin Vertex RB and some gorgeous Thuya Burl & other blanks.

The casting & finish on this pen is truly amazing. There's no doubt that I got the better of this swap!

Thanks, Seth - you are a true craftsman!
Edgar
Thank you for the kind words Edgar!

I'm very glad to hear that you are happy with it. I had fun making it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the leather sleeve was made by my brother Nate.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail from you!

Seth
That is really cool! Please thank Nate for me - he does some mighty fine work!

Edgar
Old 02-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #63 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Sorry for the late post, had to take a break from the workshop. My PITH partner was BrotherDale, which is funny since my real brother's name is Dale. Anyway BrotherDale sent me this beautiful blue spalted maple GT Knurl. Blue is my favorite color and the GT Knurl is one of my favorite pen designs. In the photo are the blanks he sent with the pen blue and green maple, curly maple, clear maple burl and lignum vitae. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
20180220-005.jpg   20180220-006.jpg  
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #64 (permalink)

Photos: 147

Got my pen from Edgar! It came in yesterday's mail in a big box FULL of LOTS of wood, burl, and casting material.

Here are some pics (I could hardly fit all the loot in my photo box!)

Lots of great materials here and some stuff he brought back from his recent trip to Hawaii. There's koa, mango, some beautiful burl, spalted blanks, etc, etc, etc, and a Lou Metcalf pen blank!

View in gallery

This beauty from Edgar was made from one of George's (robutacion) blanks. It's called Platypus Gum and the components are a Black Ti/Platinum Manhattan kit. It came beautifully displayed in this nice pen box. I really like the blank, kit and plating and the craftsmanship is excellent!

View in gallery

View in gallery

Thank you Edgar! I have enjoyed this PITH.

https://www.instagram.com/woodnotch/
https://www.instagram.com/knot_board/

I Corinthians 10:31

Last edited by Rolandranch; 02-23-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Rolandranch is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Photos: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandranch View Post
Got my pen from Edgar! It came in yesterday's mail in a big box FULL of LOTS of wood, burl, and casting material.

Here are some pics (I could hardly fit all the loot in my photo box!)

Lots of great materials here and some stuff he brought back from his recent trip to Hawaii. There's koa, mango, some beautiful burl, spalted blanks, etc, etc, etc, and a Lou Metcalf pen blank!

This beauty from Edgar was made from one of George's (robutacion) blanks. It's called Platypus Gum and the components are a Black Ti/Platinum Manhattan kit. It came beautifully displayed in this nice pen box. I really like the blank, kit and plating and the craftsmanship is excellent!

Thank you Edgar! I have enjoyed this PITH.
Thanks, Seth. I'm really happy to hear that you like the pen & goodies. I thought that Platypus Gum blank had some very nice character to it, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a lot of contrast to it in the final turned blank, so I tried to select a kit with a finish that would let blend well with the blank.

I probably have enough wood in my shop & tractor shed to last a few lifetimes, but I can't seem to stop collecting more. I'm happy to share some if it from time to time, especially when I manage to pick up some interesting things from one of my trips.

I hope you'll enjoy casting some of the stuff I sent you. Please post a photo when you do.

This was a fun PITH - thanks again for your awesome pen & blanks. I hope we get paired up again someday.

Edgar
Old 02-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #66 (permalink)

Photos: 461

Default Direct from Aussie Land

I was thrilled to receive these wonderful works from Darley! His own casts for the pine cones, feathers, and watch parts. Serge has a very nice style for the feathers combined with other imbedded objects.

Thank you, Mate!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0464.jpg   img_0465.jpg  

The IAP Collection is a permanent collection of pens
that has been established from the
IAP Membership explicitly for the purpose of
public display, preservation and inspiration.
mark james is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #67 (permalink)

Photos: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark james View Post
I was thrilled to receive these wonderful works from Darley! His own casts for the pine cones, feathers, and watch parts. Serge has a very nice style for the feathers combined with other imbedded objects.

Thank you, Mate!
Please you like Mark, it was a pleasure to partner with you
Take care mate

We do have the biggest grasshopper in the world......
Darley is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads