2018 JAN. pre-BASH PITH Photos.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MJ Jack

Received my PITH exchange from my partner Noot17
1c8ae6522e8b57195e3031e8086bd0de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

My pen arrived from my Partner John U and it is AMAZING. I will take some pictures tomorrow with all the goodies he included. I am due to ship mine out in the next couple days. The painting process I have taken on this pen has taken a lot longer then expected. John U I am sorry for the delay but I promise it will be worth the wait. The final layer of paint was applied yesterday and was not yet dry today. Tomorrow it should be dry and then to apply the CA finish for protection. There is just a lot of drying time between layers of paint and lots of layers. You will have to wait and see what this is all about but hope you can forgive me for not meeting the deadline. I love these PITH's.

Jon Tello

Last edited:

jdmacdo

What a combo

How in the world did Jontello and John U get paired together?

Two of the people that I have the highest level of respect for get paired? I look forward to seeing both of their results on this thread.

My pen arrived from my Partner John U and it is AMAZING. I will take some pictures tomorrow with all the goodies he included. I am due to ship mine out in the next couple days. The painting process I have taken on this pen has taken a lot longer then expected. John U I am sorry for the delay but I promise it will be worth the wait. The final layer of paint was applied yesterday and was not yet dry today. Tomorrow it should be dry and then to apply the CA finish for protection. There is just a lot of drying time between layers of paint and lots of layers. You will have to wait and see what this is all about but hope you can forgive me for not meeting the deadline. I love these PITH's.

Jon Tello

penmaker134

I received my pen from penmaker1967 I dont know what kind of wood was used on the vertex but its very beatiful and love the grain on it.

View in Gallery

Penmaker1967 did ask me to post a pic of the pen I sent him but unfortuantly
out of all my files on my computer the one pen I did not take a picture of was a pheonix pen that I sent him hopefully one day he gets his camera fixed we will see a picture of it

JohnU

How in the world did Jontello and John U get paired together?

Two of the people that I have the highest level of respect for get paired? I look forward to seeing both of their results on this thread.
I asked myself that same questions. On rare occasions I get lucky. This was definitely one of those times!

Jontello, no worries my friend, take all the time you need. I will very anxiously wait like a kid for Christmas. I am looking forward to seeing your masterpiece!

Last edited:

Jontello

Here are the pictures to John U pen. It was made with Macaw feathers. It is an incredible pen that he made. It is such an honor to have this pen. It is a true piece of art in itself. The colors are incredible. The pictures do not do it justice. Super excited to ink it up. Now to what color ink to use.
He also sent some extra goodies. I might have to keep all of these pens for myself. Thanks John U. You definitely out did yourself.

Here is the link to what John had to say about the making of this pen.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/rare-colorful-macaw-pith-story-153005/

eb6baa7b6a4873ff08a78e628cb3ded2.jpg
1d8909d8f979a00e9303cfd2e26103c3.jpg
f6bfffcdc0e2054dd535901d25b1321b.jpg
77a6ae8e7f0ce04bce2690314119792d.jpg
ff9be8f9655681c99d133919d5f462a8.jpg
42e65a35c219b777362776747ac37f45.jpg
1a01c1570f5a5e7b193797834f0d550d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

Timber Ripper

Here are the pictures to John U pen. It was made with Macaw feathers. It is an incredible pen that he made. It is such an honor to have this pen. It is a true piece of art in itself. The colors are incredible. The pictures do not do it justice. Super excited to ink it up. Now to what color ink to use.
He also sent some extra goodies. I might have to keep all of these pens for myself. Thanks John U. You definitely out did yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Bellissimo!

John Smith

Received my box from George today. What a lot of awesome blanks! George had contacted me early on that he was having lathe troubles. He was letting me know he would not be able to do a pen. I was a little disappointed.

Disappointment went out the window when I opened the package this afternoon. George had said he was putting in extra blanks to make up for the lack of a pen.....but WOW!!!!!!

I can't say thank you enough George.

Thank you very much,
John Smith

PS a few of these blanks may make there way into some lucky Super Bowl 2018 pool box. Now to get the boxes for that packed up.......

Attachments

• January 2018 PITH .jpg
    January 2018 PITH .jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 311

Bikerdad

:box from PITH Pardner arrived Thursday

So, the box from SteveJ arrived Thursday, and I managed to stage the contents for some pictures. 14 blanks, well, sort of, not sure how to count, or use, the stone/Corian blanks. 1 or 2? Very generous of him.

And the pen, wow. Steve does some fine segmenting, mighty fine segmenting.

Attachments

• SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 Pen and Blanks 1.jpg
    SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 Pen and Blanks 1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 284
  • SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 1.jpg
    SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 1.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 260
  • SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 2.jpg
    SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 2.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 225
  • SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 3.jpg
    SteveJ PITH Jan 2018 3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 248

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So, the box from SteveJ arrived Thursday, and I managed to stage the contents for some pictures. 14 blanks, well, sort of, not sure how to count, or use, the stone/Corian blanks. 1 or 2? Very generous of him.

And the pen, wow. Steve does some fine segmenting, mighty fine segmenting.

Excellent job, Steve! Kudos.

MrPukaShell

Brotherdale

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Got my pen from Blade.white yesterday. He mailed it a good while back but it seems the north Houston distribution center (USPS) is having issues as of late.
I am now the proud owner of a cocobolo kit less masterpiece. It has what appears to be a piece of abalone shell on the cap.
I am not a photographer so not sure how the pics will look on screen but it is stunning.
I have never owned a fountain pen but I've been wanting one. I plan to fill it tomorrow and give it a test run.
Plus a great assortment of blanks.
Thanks James! You out did yourself.

Darley

Pen Swap With Mark James

I was fortunate to do pens swap with Mark James and have the pleasure to receive 2 pens from him and some blanks as well
Love is work and will try to do same in time

Is Chevron is stunning and will try my hands on it
Thank you Mark hope you will be happy with what I send you
Take care mate

Attachments

• 9A09EA8B-99DF-4580-AF9A-3F26BE7C9513.jpg
    9A09EA8B-99DF-4580-AF9A-3F26BE7C9513.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 266
  • D75AC2AD-E5C7-40E0-AB26-90DA4ADDADF0.jpg
    D75AC2AD-E5C7-40E0-AB26-90DA4ADDADF0.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 215

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I was fortunate to do pens swap with Mark James and have the pleasure to receive 2 pens from him and some blanks as well
Love is work and will try to do same in time

Is Chevron is stunning and will try my hands on it
Thank you Mark hope you will be happy with what I send you
Take care mate

G'Day Darley:

It was a pleasure to send those two off to "Aussie Land!" Enjoy. I'll post pictures when yours' arrive (today was a holiday, so no post).

Cheers, Mate!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Pen Swap with Seth Roland

Seth Roland (rolandranch) was my PITH partner. We both had very busy months of Jan, so we are just now finishing up our swap. Seth's package arrived in today's mail, just as my package was leaving for Tucson.

I was thrilled when I saw that Seth was my partner because I am a real fan of his work. I'm truly honored to have one of his pens for my collection. Seth sent me an awesome Python skin Vertex RB and some gorgeous Thuya Burl & other blanks.

The casting & finish on this pen is truly amazing. There's no doubt that I got the better of this swap!

Thanks, Seth - you are a true craftsman!
Edgar

Attachments

• PythonVertex2.jpg
    PythonVertex2.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 228
  • PythonVertex1.jpg
    PythonVertex1.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 225

Rolandranch

Seth Roland (rolandranch) was my PITH partner. We both had very busy months of Jan, so we are just now finishing up our swap. Seth's package arrived in today's mail, just as my package was leaving for Tucson.

I was thrilled when I saw that Seth was my partner because I am a real fan of his work. I'm truly honored to have one of his pens for my collection. Seth sent me an awesome Python skin Vertex RB and some gorgeous Thuya Burl & other blanks.

The casting & finish on this pen is truly amazing. There's no doubt that I got the better of this swap!

Edgar
Thank you for the kind words Edgar!

I'm very glad to hear that you are happy with it. I had fun making it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the leather sleeve was made by my brother Nate.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail from you!

Seth

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Edgar
Thank you for the kind words Edgar!

I'm very glad to hear that you are happy with it. I had fun making it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the leather sleeve was made by my brother Nate.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail from you!

Seth

That is really cool! Please thank Nate for me - he does some mighty fine work!

Edgar

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Sorry for the late post, had to take a break from the workshop. My PITH partner was BrotherDale, which is funny since my real brother's name is Dale. Anyway BrotherDale sent me this beautiful blue spalted maple GT Knurl. Blue is my favorite color and the GT Knurl is one of my favorite pen designs. In the photo are the blanks he sent with the pen blue and green maple, curly maple, clear maple burl and lignum vitae. Thanks

Attachments

• 20180220 006.jpg
    20180220 006.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 20180220 005.jpg
    20180220 005.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 270

Rolandranch

Got my pen from Edgar! It came in yesterday's mail in a big box FULL of LOTS of wood, burl, and casting material.

Here are some pics (I could hardly fit all the loot in my photo box!)

Lots of great materials here and some stuff he brought back from his recent trip to Hawaii. There's koa, mango, some beautiful burl, spalted blanks, etc, etc, etc, and a Lou Metcalf pen blank!

View in Gallery

This beauty from Edgar was made from one of George's (robutacion) blanks. It's called Platypus Gum and the components are a Black Ti/Platinum Manhattan kit. It came beautifully displayed in this nice pen box. I really like the blank, kit and plating and the craftsmanship is excellent!

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Thank you Edgar! I have enjoyed this PITH.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Got my pen from Edgar! It came in yesterday's mail in a big box FULL of LOTS of wood, burl, and casting material.

Here are some pics (I could hardly fit all the loot in my photo box!)

Lots of great materials here and some stuff he brought back from his recent trip to Hawaii. There's koa, mango, some beautiful burl, spalted blanks, etc, etc, etc, and a Lou Metcalf pen blank!

This beauty from Edgar was made from one of George's (robutacion) blanks. It's called Platypus Gum and the components are a Black Ti/Platinum Manhattan kit. It came beautifully displayed in this nice pen box. I really like the blank, kit and plating and the craftsmanship is excellent!

Thank you Edgar! I have enjoyed this PITH.

Thanks, Seth. I'm really happy to hear that you like the pen & goodies. I thought that Platypus Gum blank had some very nice character to it, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a lot of contrast to it in the final turned blank, so I tried to select a kit with a finish that would let blend well with the blank.

I probably have enough wood in my shop & tractor shed to last a few lifetimes, but I can't seem to stop collecting more. :) I'm happy to share some if it from time to time, especially when I manage to pick up some interesting things from one of my trips.

I hope you'll enjoy casting some of the stuff I sent you. Please post a photo when you do.

This was a fun PITH - thanks again for your awesome pen & blanks. I hope we get paired up again someday.

Edgar

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Direct from Aussie Land

I was thrilled to receive these wonderful works from Darley! His own casts for the pine cones, feathers, and watch parts. Serge has a very nice style for the feathers combined with other imbedded objects.

Thank you, Mate!

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 224
Top Bottom