2018 JAN. pre-BASH PITH Photos.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

OK - this is for all the "Speedy Gonzales" to start showing what you got.

For the rest of us still working on our trades, we can just enjoy the pictures and see what is new.
You have till Jan.31th 2018 to get your PITH in the mail.
:biggrin: And we all can practice our photo skills. :eek:

:coffee:​

Here's what I received From Glen Bledsoe (glenspens). What I stated about everything but the kitchen sink wasn't far from the truth...:biggrin: The pen itself has a blank from George (Robutacion) and is gorgeous.

DSC00256a.jpg

DSC00257a.jpg

stonepecker

The shirt and blank were in a box......in a bubble mailer.

Now put it on and get a picture.......the wife wants to make sure she set it in the right place.
Make yourself a pen and enjoy....remember, you were lucky #13.

SpecialV4213

The shirt and blank were in a box......in a bubble mailer.

Now put it on and get a picture.......the wife wants to make sure she set it in the right place.
Make yourself a pen and enjoy....remember, you were lucky #13.

Yes sir. The box had come open inside the mailer. I'll get that pic posted today or tomorrow.

stonepecker

My fault.......I should have taped that box shut.
Never thought it would open in transit.

Glad you found everything. Happy that you liked the shirt. Just hope it fits ya.

JohnU

My box of goodies went out yesterday to Jontello. I sent it priority but I don't know how long it will take to get to Italy. Hopefully he will get it by the end of the month or not too long after, so he can post a picture. I have a photo if it gets too delayed but I wanted him to see the pen first. They get slower and more expensive every day. lol

MrPukaShell

PITH Pen from beDangerous

I received my PITH Pen loved the selection. A beautiful Knurl GT with a spalted citrus wrapping pen. With pen blanks consisting of the same spalted citrus, Jerusalem olive, Spalted Bradford Pear, Red Mallee Burl & Jack Daniels Barrel.

Thanks again for the awesome pen and blanks.

Robert

Attachments

• IMG_2594.jpg
    IMG_2594.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 372

jennera

Sent mine out yesterday, hope she likes it...
Your pen is completed. Robotics is eating up a lot of her time but tomorrow she will pick out some goodies to send with it and I will get it in the mail to you.

Since I am her mom, I might be biased but I think it looks pretty darn good. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MRDucks2

d9fd899c7962efdd21ac7bafde7e249c.jpg
e737954362e7483a3f6b3be8187825cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Great looking Concava in Cocobolo and a bottle of Captain Eddie's friction finish from Timber Ripper! Since he is newer than I, told him not to worry about sending me any blanks if he didn't want to as I have over 700 on hand (hey, it's been 8 months since I started).

Never expected to get a bottle of finish! Take at look at the pen, this guy had only turned 9 pens when names were drawn. The fit and finish are great!

Thanks, Anthony!

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

I, told him not to worry about sending me any blanks if he didn't want to as I have over 700 on hand (hey, it's been 8 months since I started).

Thanks, Anthony!

700 already... :eek::eek::eek: Da.n you are quick!!! (Don't I have a partial Estate Blank Box in my garage for you??? :tongue::tongue:).

And that is a very nice pen!!!

MRDucks2

I, told him not to worry about sending me any blanks if he didn't want to as I have over 700 on hand (hey, it's been 8 months since I started).

Thanks, Anthony!

700 already... :eek::eek::eek: Da.n you are quick!!! (Don't I have a partial Estate Blank Box in my garage for you??? :tongue::tongue:).

And that is a very nice pen!!!

Yes, you have some blanks for me. If the Estate Sales are done, PM me a total.

Timber Ripper

I received this beautifully finished Cigar Pen and a very VERY generous assortment of blanks from MRDucks2.
Upon being pared up with Mike we discussed a couple of ideas for this 2018 PITH. One idea was making our favorite pen or a pen/kit we've never tried before. I went with my favorite (Concava/Cocobolo) Mike went with with a kit and blank he had never tried before. A Big Ben Cigar/Antique hardware in Stabilized Spalted Primavera. This was a first time using his new Bob's Magic Skew, first time turning a stabilized blank and first time using Doctor's Pen Turners Finish topped with a couple coats of Trade Secret Carnauba Wax.
I absolutely love the feel and and balance of this Pen. It will go in my collection of "Keepers"
Thank you Mike!

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 290

jennera

Sent mine out yesterday, hope she likes it...
Your pen is completed. Robotics is eating up a lot of her time but tomorrow she will pick out some goodies to send with it and I will get it in the mail to you.

Since I am her mom, I might be biased but I think it looks pretty darn good. [emoji6]

Finally dropped it in the mail this morning!

I think there must be an art to packing those flat rate shipping boxes. We could not fit all the blanks in she wanted to send. Hope you like what we were able to fit!

PenGoblin's Mom

Does that make me Momma Goblin? [emoji848]

Rounder

My Pens from djrljr

Here is what I received from djrljr (Don) for my PITH. 2 beautiful pens and a very nice assortment of blanks. I also received a note expressing to forward the Thin Blue Line pen to a police officer of my choice with a big thank you for their service, which I will most definitely do. Thanks Don. Your kindness is appreciated.
P.S., I am a sawdust maker, not a photo taker so please know that these photos do NOT do the pens justice.

Attachments

• P1040945.JPG
    P1040945.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 332
  • P1040941.JPG
    P1040941.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Timber Ripper

Here is what I received from djrljr (Don) for my PITH. 2 beautiful pens and a very nice assortment of blanks. I also received a note expressing to forward the Thin Blue Line pen to a police officer of my choice with a big thank you for their service, which I will most definitely do. Thanks Don. Your kindness is appreciated.
P.S., I am a sawdust maker, not a photo taker so please know that these photos do NOT do the pens justice.

Very Nice Pens!
I also wanted to say that I didn't realize Sumac had such figured grain..

Seer

My Pith from Leo

I received a very nice Buckeye Burl Cigar in platinum and some cool blanks. One of which is Bog Oak with a page showing the radio carbon dating to be about 2400 years old which I find pretty cool. I also got a Flame Box Elder Tulipwood, Staghorn Sumac and 2 nice pieces of Maple. Thanks Leo these are great.
Jerry

Attachments

• Pre Bash Pith.jpg
    Pre Bash Pith.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 317
Thanks for the great pen and blanks,
Mike

My pleasure Mike!! I'd get a photo of the one you sent me but uh... That'd require me to dig in my wife's purse. She stole it pretty quickly after I got it.

Your pen is cast with what I call my Red Dragon blank with real diamond dust in it. That was the test for my new vertical cast blanks. Glad you like it!

MRDucks2

Thanks for the great pen and blanks,
Mike

My pleasure Mike!! I'd get a photo of the one you sent me but uh... That'd require me to dig in my wife's purse. She stole it pretty quickly after I got it.

Your pen is cast with what I call my Red Dragon blank with real diamond dust in it. That was the test for my new vertical cast blanks. Glad you like it!

I seem to see a difference in how the colors mix, Tim. Will be interesting to see more.

I seem to see a difference in how the colors mix, Tim. Will be interesting to see more.

Definitely a difference. With the vertical casting I can't quite lay up the colors like I can flat casting. Not bad, but certainly not my signature figuring. The diamond though is sparkling a full 360 degrees which is not a terrible trade off.

Rounder

Very Nice Pens!
I also wanted to say that I didn't realize Sumac had such figured grain..

It is a pretty piece of wood. Will be interesting to see a pen made from it for sure.

Top Bottom