Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
For those of you who are unaware of it... IAP has a

PEN COLLECTION !!!

(AKA- The IAP Collection)

Look here for more info: The IAP Collection

So, for 2017:

1. The winners of the following contests have the option to donate their pen to be included in the IAP Collection.
2. Contests: Ballpoint; Advanced; Slimline Unlimited; Pretty Wood.
3. If the winners decline, then the second place finishers will be offered the opportunity to donate their pen.
4. The option will not extend to the third place winners.
5. There will be no additional prize or compensation beyond what each winner obtained in their respective contest category.

Note: The winners have the OPTION to make this donation - it is in no shape or form expected. Previous winners have declined (i.e., the pen had been sold, etc), so there is precedence to decline and that is to be respected.

These were last years additions from the BASH:

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

We wish all the entries to the contests to have fun, and if
Fame, Glory and Inspiration to others
appeals to you, you may have the opportunity to be part of The IAP Collection.

After the BASH has concluded, I will contact the winners in the noted contests.

Note: So far the IAP Collection has been displayed at:

LARGER GATHERINGS

4/17/2015: MPG (Midwest Penturner's Gathering), Champaign, Illinois
5/1/2015: MAPG (Midatlantic Penturner's Gathering), Richmond, Virginia
10/25/2015: Wisconsin IAP Chapter Meeting, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11/21/2015: Indianapolis IAP Chapter Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana
2/27/2016: FLGAPG (Florida/Georgia Penturner's Gathering), Tampa, Florida
4/2/2016: Totally Turning Symposium, Saratoga Springs, New York
4/9/2016: MPG, Wadsworth, Ohio
5/14/2016: MAPG, Richmond, Virginia
10/12/2016: Minnesota IAP Chapter Meeting/Penapalooza, Minneapolis, Minnesota

SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS

9/12/2015: Webberville, Michigan
1/21/2016: Independence, Ohio
2/29/2016: Cocoa Beach, Florida
3/4/2016: Indianapolis, Indiana
3/22/2016: Phoenix, Arizona
4/25/2016: Columbus, Ohio
6/7/2016: Canton, Ohio
8/27/2016: Medina, Ohio

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, what if the winner of a contest entered a pen that is meant for the pre-bash swap?:confused::biggrin:

S..T, I hate when you blokes find flaws in our "Yankie" voting systems (don't go there :rolleyes:).

Actually, thank you for pointing that out, as I had not realized that.

I'll make a quick "administrative" proposal (subject to input from the membership).

"IF, the winning pen has been promised as a pen swap - (and may already be in the possession of someone else), the winner did in fact "win" the honor. I'll propose that they be allowed to make a similar pen for donation to the IAP Collection, within the category of the contest they won.:

This is not a perfect solution as a different pen has been submitted that the membership actually voted on, but hey - these are "Pen Donations", not "Kidney Donations! If it was a Kidney, maybe a good match is important, but for a pen, I think the spirit of the IAP Collection will be preserved." I'll suggest we accept that the "winner" has the opportunity to make a similar pen.

OK, now give some feedback.

(the stinking, smart alec rodent, is pretty sharp...)

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I have absolutely no idea what you mean about your voting system......
......nudge nudge, wink wink....:wink::wink::biggrin:

Dale Lynch

Question,If a pen that was made for the pre bash swap and delivered,does that mean it has been shown publicly?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Question,If a pen that was made for the pre bash swap and delivered,does that mean it has been shown publicly?

My opinion, that's not a public forum, and would be acceptable. Again, not ideal, but I am fine with these accomodations.

I/we'll have to think this out before next year. I did like (and participated in) Stonepecker's PITH, so I thought it was a nice Pre-Bash event.

stonepecker

Mark and members of the PITH? What about the winning pen going into the collection and the winner making another pen to send to his PITH partner? That way the membership gets the pen of their choice and the Swap is still completed?

Just another thought to kick around.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark and members of the PITH? What about the winning pen going into the collection and the winner making another pen to send to his PITH partner? That way the membership gets the pen of their choice and the Swap is still completed?

Just another thought to kick around.

That's is a great thought Wayne! Let's see where the discussion goes. I appreciate the collective input (kind of BORG'y).

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Why only those contests?

Hi Curt: This is only the second year for IAP Collection and BASH involvement. So nothing is carved in stone going forward. We are attempting to add diversity to the collection, as well as having it's contents reflect the membership. Some rotation of the included contests should do that.

However, some practical thoughts.

The Freestyles are awesome, but frequently a challenge to store, transport and display.

Many of the kitless and advanced pens are needed for sales for the turner.

Some contests (like the polyclay) are new, and it might be prudent to see how they shake out with entries.

But, we are very open to input. If the membership wants it's collection to grow in a different manner, it will be considered.

CREID

Why only those contests?

Hi Curt: This is only the second year for IAP Collection and BASH involvement. So nothing is carved in stone going forward. We are attempting to add diversity to the collection, as well as having it's contents reflect the membership. Some rotation of the included contests should do that.

However, some practical thoughts.

The Freestyles are awesome, but frequently a challenge to store, transport and display.

Many of the kitless and advanced pens are needed for sales for the turner.

Some contests (like the polyclay) are new, and it might be prudent to see how they shake out with entries.

But, we are very open to input. If the membership wants it's collection to grow in a different manner, it will be considered.

Thanks for the response, I was just curious. I wasn't meaning to add any contest I run. I think if the people in any contest wants to have theirs added they should ask, not me. I was just curious, that's all.

Top Bottom