|Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager|
Logged on members can hide ads!
Welcome to penturners.org!You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.
Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.
Membership is completely free!!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|01-20-2016, 09:26 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
2016 SUPERBOWL POOL !!!
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
THE 2016 I.A.P. 7TH ANNUAL SUPERBOWL POOL
FEEL FREE TO BEGIN TRASH TALKING AT ANY TIME, ESPECIALLY
IF YOU THINK THE PATRIOTS NEED TO BE SQUASHED!!!
- I am happy to announce that our game day announcer Ernie (eborraga) has agreed to make a return appearance.
- Billy (Sataro) is absolutely required to participate after his haul last year, probably still counting. If he wins again, I’m dragging him to Vegas.
- I will NOT chase people who have participated but “forgot” to mail their blanks again. I will just send Derek to your house to collect.
- Our IAP management committee is also invited to play, especially if you live in Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Texas, Idaho, Canada, (did we miss anyone?). We want a shot at some management blanks.
- A special invitation is made to our international friends. Now is your chance to be a part of real football.
- I know we have some of our ladies who are football fans, join in!
- If you are under 18, get your parents approval first, then take everyone’s blanks.
- All of you folks who have metal lathes are invited, boy are you invited!
- There may be a few side bets offered….stay tuned~
Attached are the results from last year. That will give anyone who is not familiar with this some insight into how it works. A complete explanation will be posted in the sign up post below this one.
Last edited by bobleibo; 01-20-2016 at 09:35 PM.
|01-20-2016, 09:27 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Superbowl Pool – 2016 !!!!
Place: Levis Stadium in Santa Clara, California
Time: 6:30 p.m. EST
Teams: TO BE ANNOUNCED (just no Patriots)
Sign-ups below on this thread
LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP BELOW….PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EXPLANATION FIRST SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION….PM ME WITH ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS.
Here’s your chance to win a few pen blanks from your closest IAP friends! ANYONE CAN WIN! There is absolutely no cost or previous experience required other than a desire to have some fun. Signing up is simple….just respond in this Superbowl thread that you want in !!!!!!
- Trashtalkin’ is encouraged……
- International members are encouraged to play as well even though you play funny football
- Previous winners are required to play to give everyone a chance to get their blanks back, especially Billy (Sataro)
**For those who unfamiliar with football pools, here’s an explanation of how it works…
IT’S VERY SIMPLE...
The BLANK grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Entrant’s names are randomly drawn and placed into random squares. AFTER all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like a scrambled multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner’s name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be square 1 and square 4.
Here are the rules
- Cost to play is zero other than a few blanks that you have laying around your shop and the cost of postage.
- Sign-ups will close when we reach 100 names. Limit 1 square per person
- Extra squares will be allowed only after everyone has had a chance to join in and there are still empty ones. A few years ago we had enough interest to open up a 2nd pool.
- Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly picked from a hat and assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win as an individual in any of the 4quarters.
- Once all names have been assigned, another random drawing will take place to determine the numbers across the top and side.
- The entire grid is broken into 4 colors, each representing a different quarter of the game. The winner of each quarter will receive 4-5 blanks from the each of the people whose names appear in that particular color. History has shown that we have some very generous folks here.
- In the event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!
- The completed grid will be posted prior to game day.
- We ask that all participants mail their blanks to the winners within 1 week of the end of the game or make arrangements with their winner. Having to chase or remind people to send their blanks is uncomfortable and awkward. .
- All winners are asked to post pictures of their winnings so the rest of us can drool
IMPORTANT NOTICES: IAP RULES
- In order to participate your public profile must contain your first name, place of residence and you must be readily available via PM or email.
- Only registered members are able to view this information.
- If you haven't followed through in a previous activity, don't enter this one. Mike Redburn will be checking entrants and will disqualify anyone who has failed to complete a previous activity.
Here is the link to last year’s Superbowl Pool to take a look at…. SUPERBOWL POOL 2015 !!
That’s about it…….sign ups are now open. GO PACKERS !
Last edited by bobleibo; 01-20-2016 at 09:31 PM.