2015 Birthday Bash Planning!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
It is just 5 short months away from the 2015 Birthday Bash! As the Summer Extravaganza winds down, planning for the 2015 Birthday Bash will begin. The first order of business is to seek out volunteers to assist with the planning, organization and administration of the Bash. If you wish to help with the next Bash please let me know by either posting here or by PM.

If anyone has any questions about volunteering for the Bash please contact me. Obviously we need chair people to run the activities but what most people don't know is the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. Even if you only have a limited amount of time we can find something for you to do that will fit your schedule.

If you are one of the members who repeatedly steps up year after year, please renew your commitment by letting me know about 2015. The Planning Group has been cleaned out so as of now, even if you have been a standing member, you will need to let me know if you want to help out again.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

Due to the success of last year's BASH we are able to give you a 4% increase over last year but still no medical or dental coverage.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Wow, last year I had to pay to play! You mean all this time I could have gotten a paid! Hold the presses! call out the National Guard! there will be riots from members stampeding to sign up now!

I suppose I can be bribed into doing it one more year

D.Oliver

Well if you need a good looking face to put on the posters I'm your man, unless of course you're looking for a face that will turn people away from the bash, then Mike's your man!

Despite all evidence to the contrary I'm still alive and well. I'm in for the bash. I have a great job that pays me well and sometimes it seems a little too well. However once every year or so duty calls and I get reminded why I get paid what I do. Things are beginning to slow down for me. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

mmyshrall

Well, Derek, I always knew you would be a poster child for something... :biggrin:

Maybe, the ugly pen contest?? Recently discovered posts indicate you could be the organizer; I dare say that participation should be avoided as you would crush any competition with your mastery of the subject. :biggrin::biggrin:

But hey, I am just a newbie, so what do I know; I guess I will defer to the wisdom of Mike...

Last edited:

lyonsacc

Oh Oh can I play :bananen_smilies022:

I hear there's nothing like a BASH Planning meeting. Take a :airplane: to :island:. Lots of :bananen_smilies046:and :drink:. Oh, wait a minute, I might be confusing that with the last tax conference I went to (minus the plane, island, and beer - they did provide cans of highly caffeinated pop and brownies).

Well if you need a good looking face to put on the posters I'm your man, unless of course you're looking for a face that will turn people away from the bash, then Mike's your man!

Derek, I know you are always commenting on Mike's appearance, so I thought I would put it to a test. I called my kids over to the computer and showed them your picture. They had a pleased and happy look on their faces. Then I pulled up Mike's picture. The haven't come out of the basement yet and I keep hearing them saying things like "Daddy's showing us bad stuff on the internet". So, maybe you have a point.

D.Oliver

Derek, I know you are always commenting on Mike's appearance, so I thought I would put it to a test. I called my kids over to the computer and showed them your picture. They had a pleased and happy look on their faces. Then I pulled up Mike's picture. The haven't come out of the basement yet and I keep hearing them saying things like "Daddy's showing us bad stuff on the internet". So, maybe you have a point.

I tell ya, that face could make a train take a dirt road!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member

I hear there's nothing like a BASH Planning meeting. Take a :airplane: to :island:. Lots of :bananen_smilies046:and :drink:. Oh, wait a minute, I might be confusing that with the last tax conference I went to (minus the plane, island, and beer - they did provide cans of highly caffeinated pop and brownies).

Hey! who's side are you on?

Cmiles1985

Just a dumb water chemist here, but willing to volunteer :)

Most of my real job is in waste water, so I'm already used to crappy tasks if those haven't been filled yet :biggrin:

lyonsacc

Hey! who's side are you on?

Oh, um, wait a minute. I've got the names reversed - I think - maybe. :bulgy-eyes:

Which Mike are we talkin' about? Um Um Um . . .

I must have pulled up a picture of Ed . . .

Shoot, now I upset half the guys on here

Parlay?

Last edited:

mbroberg

Second call for volunteers! Even if you have volunteered in the past please "re-up" for BASH 11 if you wish to assist (I hope you do).

KenV

Mike -- I am not a contest guy and that is not likely to change. My role in past years has been to help assure that the stuff being auctioned reaches a reasonable price -- and sometimes end up purchasing some of it.

What can I do to help?

Top Bottom