2013 Casing Challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
2013 Casing Challenge

The casing challenge is something designed to celebrate Independance Day.

There will be no theme to it. It will be an open challenge for everyone. It doesn't matter if you have a CNC Machine, Metal Lathe, or a Wood Lathe. Everyone will be judged the same way.
There will only be 3 rules.
Rule 1 - You must use some form of projectile in your pen
Rule 2 - The pen must be able to write when completed
Rule 3 - The pen must be made by you

The challenge will start July 1st and end at 11:59p.m. July 31st.
Voting will start on August 1st and will end at 1:00p.m. August 7th.
Voting will be done by the members of IAP, in an open poll that Mike Broberg will put together.

"To be eligible to participate in any IAP activity your penturners.org member profile must include your real first and last names and your city and state (US) or the location identifier appropriate for your country of residence. Activity participants must be able to be contacted by the penturners.org private messaging system and/or have a valid email address registered with penturners.org."

This should give everyone ample time to get their supplies and designs ready.​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

In Memoriam
A few people have sent pm's aking if they can use kits.

You can use kits, store bought blanks, or anything else you desire, but you have to be the one who makes the pen. I hope this clears up some confusion.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
A little over 2 weeks to get all your stuff needed. Hopefully we'll have some people interested!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
One week to go until the challenge begins. Hopefully we have some participation, as i'm the only one talking:biggrin:. Kind of reminds me of a Pink Floyd song. "Is there anybody out there"

Sylvanite

Newbie offer

I'll repeat my offer from previous years. For those who have never made a "bullet pen" before, and want to participate in this contest, but don't know where to begin - I'll send you a kit. I won't make any guarantees on caliber or plating, but you will be able to complete the pen simply by turning the pen upper barrel from your own blank.

This offer is limited to the first 10 people who respond. I only ask:
  • That you haven't used one of these kits before. If you have, you already know how.
  • That you be in the USA (sorry, but laws restricting the import of reloading components prohibit international shipping).
  • That you use the kit to make a pen to enter in this contest.
  • That you chip in $5.00 towards the cost of components and shipping, and
  • Here is the best part - donate that $5.00 to the IAP.
That's right - just donate $5.00 to the IAP (which is good to do anyway), send me a pm with your address, and I'll ship you a genuine rifle cartridge pen kit.

This offer is good for two weeks, or until I get 10 responses - whichever comes first.

Now let's get this contest rolling!

Regards,
Eric

SSobel

So, Im gonna go get me a bullet pen from today...always wanted to try one and this is a good reason...do we take a picture and post it here for judging?

EBorraga

In Memoriam
So, Im gonna go get me a bullet pen from today...always wanted to try one and this is a good reason...do we take a picture and post it here for judging?

The challenge starts July 1st. We will have a seperate thread for pictures. You take a picture and then post it in that thread. At the end of the the month, there will be a poll setup to vote. Hope this answered your question.

Rounder

I'll repeat my offer from previous years. For those who have never made a "bullet pen" before, and want to participate in this contest, but don't know where to begin - I'll send you a kit. I won't make any guarantees on caliber or plating, but you will be able to complete the pen simply by turning the pen upper barrel from your own blank.

This offer is limited to the first 10 people who respond. I only ask:
  • That you haven't used one of these kits before. If you have, you already know how.
  • That you be in the USA (sorry, but laws restricting the import of reloading components prohibit international shipping).
  • That you use the kit to make a pen to enter in this contest.
  • That you chip in $5.00 towards the cost of components and shipping, and
  • Here is the best part - donate that $5.00 to the IAP.
That's right - just donate $5.00 to the IAP (which is good to do anyway), send me a pm with your address, and I'll ship you a genuine rifle cartridge pen kit.

This offer is good for two weeks, or until I get 10 responses - whichever comes first.

Now let's get this contest rolling!

Regards,
Eric

I would be interested in a kit and would be more than willing to make a $5 to IAP.

Top Bottom