2012 Super Bowl Pool!!!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
SUPERBOWL POOL 2012 is ready to roll! Sign ups begin on this thread.

After getting the approval from Mike (Mbroberg), it is time to crank up the 2012 Superbowl Pool being held in Indianapolis on Feb 5th.

Members outside the USA are encouraged you play too!

The rules will be the same as last year.

PLEASE - read the notes at the very bottom of this post......

Superbowl Pool !!!
Here is your chance to win a few pen blanks from your closest IAP friends! ANYONE CAN WIN! There is absolutely no previous experience required other than a desire to have some fun. Signing up is simple….just respond in the thread that you want in !!!!!! We are limited to 100 folks. Only 1 square per person until everyone has had a chance to join then I will open it up to extra squares.

There is no cost to play other than a few pen blanks that you happen to have laying around your shop.

For those who have not participated in a football pool, here is a brief explanation of how it works….IT IS REALLY SIMPLE...

A grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Everyone's name is placed into random squares. After all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like an old multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner's name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be square 1 and square 4.

Game Rules

- Sign-ups will close as soon as we reach 100 names.

- Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly picked from a hat and assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win as an individual in any of the 4 quarters

- We will also randomly place each person into 1 of 4 groups separate from the grid. These 4 groups will then be randomly assigned to a quarter of the game.

- Once all names are drawn and assigned, a copy of the grid and groups will be posted for everyone and prior to game day.

- At the end of the first quarter, a winner will be determined based on the score of the game at that time. The people who are in the group assigned to the first quarter will send the winner 3-5 pen blanks of their choice. The same will happen for each quarter.

- In the unlikely event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible, but highly unlikely, that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!

- There may be some players from outside the U.S. Keep that in mind in regards to possibly shipping outside the US. Shipping should be very nominal considering we are only sending a few blanks to the winner.

EVERYONE READ THIS -
That in order to participate your public profile must contain the first and last name, city of residence and you must be available via PM or email.

If you haven't followed through in a previous activity, don't enter this one. Mike Broberg will be checking entrants and will disqualify anyone who failed to complete a previous activity.

So let's get this party started!!!

And my prediction is The Ravens win 27-20 over The Packers!!!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I though I had great numbers last year. But still got no blanks. It's a total crapshoot as far as i'm concerned.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Well I was a little worried with my prediction. But the Ravens pulled it out today. Next test is the Patriot's.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
A test unfortunately they will need more study time than they have to make it work for you.:eek::wink::biggrin:

penmaker1967

would have been crazy for me not to sign up sience i asked if there was going to be a super bowl this year. so count me in to.

Top Bottom