2011 Holiday PITH is on SIGN-UP HERE PLEASE READ 1st

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Holiday P.I.T.H.(pen in the hat) & Blank Exchange
[FONT=&quot]Ok folks you asked for it now you got it. Here is your last chance for a PITH swap before the New Year!!![/FONT]
First off, let me start by saying this event is primarily being ran by one of our newer members. Some of you may know him, most probably do not. James (fireangles) joined our group only a few months ago around the time of our last P.I.T.H. event. In short, he really enjoyed the event and stepped up and asked about running the next one. I consulted with Mike, and in talking with James, we agreed to work on the event together. Being a "new kid on the block" to the group, I thought it might be best for him to work with a longer term member who is a little better known to the group to put the event together. This will give him the support of some hard earned experience without all the "growing pains" to gain that experience. I have no doubt in his desire or ability to pull this off alone, but having a familiar name involved will also help ease the minds of the "longer term" members in that there is someone they are more familiar with to communicate concerns with that they might not otherwise want to do. Now I do not want to be seen as "taking over" the event so if you have a question/problem, your first point of contact should be James. How else can he gain the experience of running an event such as this without being given the opportunity to resolve any "issues"? If he cannot give you an answer, or you would just feel more comfortable, by all means contact me. If neither of us can get resolution, the next step would be to go to our Activity Manager, Mike (mbroberg).

[FONT=&quot]Here are the rules[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After reading many of your posts, we are combining several ideas. Sign up is from now (as of this posting) through September 30, 2011. This gives ample time to get folks signed up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You do not need to wait until the pairings are posted to begin work. Your partners name is irrelevant to the pen as this post will have already given you the needed guidelines to begin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PITH pens will be due to your recipient by[/FONT][FONT=&quot]December 21, 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. If this is not enough time to complete a pen, perhaps this is not the event for you. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]THEME??[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Of course there is a theme. This events theme is WOOD.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Have FUN sharing your work.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It can be any style shape or size you want as long as it's made from WOOD. Your experience level is not important. Make the best pen you can for your ability level, and I'm sure your partner will treasure it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All pens will be made from WOOD, it doesn't matter if its sawdust, a branch you just cut, your firewood, stabilized, spalted, or dare I say, Bar B-Q wood as long as it's mostly WOOD. Cast wood works as well, just be sure it does not become a synthetic blank with only wooden accents.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In this event we are combining it with a blank exchange so you will need to add at least 1 blank to your box. The blank(s) should be of normal, pen blank size, and can be whatever you want. Your favorite wood, your favorite cast, inlay, decaled, segment ETC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Make sure your partner gets their pen and blank on or before [/FONT][FONT=&quot]December 21, 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to avoid any I'll feelings and to avoid a bad wrap for yourself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will have the list out by October 3, 2011 if not earlier.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Last but not least, be creative and I repeat, Have fun![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Per the forum rules, in order to participate your user profile must contain your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]real first and last name[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]city,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] AND [/FONT][FONT=&quot]state[/FONT][FONT=&quot]of residence/or foreign country[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Be sure to do this PRIOR to signing up. Those with incomplete info will have there name dropped from the list during the pairing.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have failed to follow through with IAP activities in the past don't bother attempting to join this one as your name will be removed prior to posting pairs. If you don't think you will be able to complete the pen, do not waste our time and energy by signing up. We are mostly adults here please act accordingly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you signed up by mistake, want to back out, or need to withdraw. Please contact hunter-27 or fireangels, PRIOR to the parings being posted, and your name will be discretely removed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the pairings are posted, plan to honor your obligation. We will handle any "exceptions" on an as needed, individual basis.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No matter what (sometimes "life happens"), keep in contact with your swap partner up until the swap is complete.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nothing causes more frustration than not knowing what is going on. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Besides your partner, keep James and/or myself informed of any concerns. We cannot help you if we do not know there is help needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Teaser photos are encouraged. They are fun and peak the interest of everyone before the actual picture of the pen is posted. Post teaser photos directly in this thread. I will get some help setting up a different place to post finished pen photos for once the swaps are completed. That will be announced later.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sign up here if you want to participate.[/FONT]

Last edited:

G1Pens

I'm in.
If this was something with an immediate deadline or limited number of participants. I would somehow manage to miss it. We have to 9/30 tp sigh up and I'm 6th.....go figure

GoodTurns

pith teaser #1

does 1st tease get a prize like first entry?

Attachments

• pith tease.jpg
    pith tease.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 412

Buzzzz4

Brooks803 said:
I'm in for sure...now I gotta find out what this "wood" stuff is and how you turn it :wink:

I am with you on that one. I have some castings that have a burl like appearance. Wonder if we can sneak that in.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
BUt i dont see in the posting above how partners will be chosen?

I will start mine in the morning......
That is still being decided by a secret panel of experts.:wink: Well actually the method has been decided but will not be announced before hand so as not to influence the sign-ups.:biggrin:

PenPal

Hi,

I will swap, I do like to see all cards coming from the top of the pack, ie how chosen indeed
simple, plain explanations up front. Way I live.

I await my partner who need never fear I will both consider and respect, starting to plan now various alternatives.

My name is Peter Hay I live in Australia there are no foreigners here only members of the
INTERNATIONAL Association of Penturners.

KInd regards,

Peter.

Top Bottom