2011 Holiday PITH Pairings Announcement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I have been helping James(fireangels) get his feet wet running this event. It is now time for me to take a back seat and let him field any future questions/concerns. Please direct any communications to him at this point. If there is something that becomes time sensitive and you cannot reach him, I will still be available to help. If James can't get you an answer, I'm sure he will ask me for help but give him the chance to resolve it please. Thanks to all who joined the event and I can't wait to see some pens.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for guiding James to the light Landon!!! Glad you can take a breather and eat some of that Elk you have in the freezer!!! Let me know if you guys need a volunteer to make an extra pen or two.

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
PITH pal sent

Sent my PM address to Brad who is also a fellow Marine and of another generation. I REALLY have something to look forward to. There IS a
Santa.

jbswearingen

My sender has contacted me, and I've been in contact with the guy that I'm sending to. Oddly enough, the pressure on me has just risen...

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Here's a teaser for Jerry (Seer)

Jerry, so far, it's looks like you're going to have an early Christmas:biggrin: Thanks to James and, Landon for giving me this opportunity to spread some joy (I hope)

Attachments

• IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 109

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have met both

Oddly enough I'm getting from a guy that I have been dealing with for several years. I'm sending to a young man who is only a couple of years older than my eldest grand son. The pen I'm sending is made and has been put up in show your pens....Now all you need to do is guess which it is. HINT: it is not one of these - they are just a few of the "mistakes" I've made. BTW the fourth one up from the bottom is a $12.00 Gitano, to give you an idea of the competition we face. It is a darned nice and very well made pen.

Attachments

• bad group 001.jpg
    bad group 001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

fireangels

Holiday Pith 2011 Photo album

There is a photo album in the photo's tab for you to post teasers and received pens to show off what you got!!!!

Brooks803

Make sure all your fingers and thumbs are intact afterwards!

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone for this years PITH...Alumilite, Pressure Pot, WOOD, Metal lathe...yeah I've got some work ahead of me :bulgy-eyes::eek::rolleyes::wink::tongue::biggrin:

Well that takes all the fun out of it then! I'm not yet certified to be a shop teacher but if I do lose anything I can always cast myself a new one bc my alumilite delivery came today!!!!

penmaker1967

have contacted and got contacted for address so the fun will start hopefully by first of next week the order has been done just waiting on it to come in.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I get to send a pen to Hunter-27. I decided I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
I've giving him his entry to next year's Ugly Pen contest!

woohoo!!! :biggrin:

Carl Fisher

PITH is ready to go. Just going to give it a few days to finish curing before sending it on it's way.

There are shots of it in the 2011 Holiday PITH photo gallery :tongue::biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
PITH is ready to go. Just going to give it a few days to finish curing before sending it on it's way.

There are shots of it in the 2011 Holiday PITH photo gallery :tongue::biggrin:
If everyone could use the photo gallery for finished pen photos and put teasers in this thread it would be appreciated. It would help keep the gallery cleaner so you do not need to sort through things to view the pens. Just a reminder to not post finished pens until your partner has received it as well. TY all.

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Sorry, I was going off the earlier post from fireangels to put teasers in the gallery.

It doesn't look like I have the ability to delete or move mine but if the admins want to that works for me.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Sorry, I was going off the earlier post from fireangels to put teasers in the gallery.

It doesn't look like I have the ability to delete or move mine but if the admins want to that works for me.
I did not realize he posted that, no worries. The original rules stated to put teasers in this thread, not a big deal I am sure either way will be fine. I did not mean to sound like the mean old teacher from school. :eek: Have fun with it but if everyone could be sure their pen has been received before posting finished pics that would be great.

3Peake

I've got the box with blanks in ready to go:biggrin:.
BUT blew up my PITH pen blank this afternoon whilst trying to turn it:mad::mad::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Don't mean to sound wierd but since this is a HOLIDAY PITH shouldn't the pens be sent more towards the holidays?
End date to be received by is DEC 21st. Is that close enough to be considered toward the holidays. Nothing wrong with "early" gifts either I don't think.:wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Shipping Tomorrow

No mail pickup today so my Holiday Pith Pen and Blank will ship on the morrow. A small hint - the Component Set used was not purchased from one of the BIG sellers.

lorbay

Shipping mine in the am as today is a Holiday here. So this is really close to a holiday PITH for us.

Lin.

Top Bottom