2011 Holiday PITH Pairings Announcement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Ok all, here is the PITH pairings. The names were organized alphabetically with a twist, by user ID, with numbers being placed in order before letters. The person you will send your pen to is the name directly below yours on the list. There is only one name duplicated on the list and that is at the beginning and the end. This is where the list "wraps around" from the end to the beginning. You are responsible for contacting the person you are to SEND TO and getting their shipping information and any other contact info the two of you decide to exchange. If you don't understand who you send to, PM one of us and we will help you.

If after a week (October 9th) anyone has any difficulty in contacting the person they are to send to, let fireangles, myself (Hunter-27), or the Activities Manager (mbroberg) and we well try to assist in getting you connected. If after that same date (October 9th) you have not heard from the person you are to RECEIVE FROM, please let one of us know as well. If there is still a failure to get connected by October 16th, it may be necessary for me to remove the person(s) from the event and adjust accordingly. I will handle this at that time if needed. All swaps should be completed by December 21st.
If there is a delay due to "circumstance beyond control" please let me know and please stay in regular communication with your partner with status updates so there is less chance for "ill feelings" to be the result.

[FONT=&quot]If there are any questions, problems, or other concerns PM me and remember this:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Good communication will resolve most issues before the become problems.[/FONT] We cannot help you if you do not let us know there is a problem.

[FONT=&quot]Now that all the details have been said:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]GO HAVE SOME FUN MAKING A PEN!!!!![/FONT]

Here is the list:

Leviblue
3Peake
WoodWorkinthe530
achennau
Woodlvr
animefan
Wooden Affairs
areaman
wm460
Atherton Pens
wizard
aussieturner
WHSKYrvr1
babyblues
whegge
Balasharc
warreng8170
BarrierBob
w5brw
Bellsy
vtturner
bench1holio
ve3bax
bensoelberg
vb-matt-36
bherdrich
vallealbert
bhesson
USNR'03
BigShed
USAFVET98
bitshird
ttpenman
BlackPearl
ttalsma
blade.white
truckfixr
bmac
traderdon55
bobskio2003
TomW
boxerman
ToddMR
bradbn4
toddlajoie
Brian in Burlington
ToddGregory
BrianM
tjseagrove
Brooks803
Timebandit
BSea
tim self
buckobernie
TheRealSmith
Bucurestean
theidlemind
BURLMAN
terryf
Buzzzz4
tdjumr
BW Design Works
Tabascocat
CaptG
sumterdad
Carl Fisher
Sully
Carrick
steeler fan1
CharlieC
ssajn
Chris Burgess---name changed to Justturnin
Spats139
clapiana
sparhawk
cnccutter
spanky239
coffenup
snyiper
concho_joe
Snowbeast
corian king
Smitty37
crabcreekind
SLICKYINC
Craftdiggity
simomatra
Crickett
Sheumais
cwolfs69
darrin1200
SGM Retired
D.Oliver
sgimbel
dalecamino
Seer
Dana Fish
seamus7227
danrs
scrollsawwoodart
darcisowers
SCR0LL3R
dkrwoodturning
Scotty
Douglas Feehan
Scott.tudhope
Drew S
sbwertz
Drstrangefart
Samelias dad
Dudley Young
RyanNJ
DurocShark
RustySplinters
EarlD
run91
EBorraga
rTURNERg
edavisj316
Rounder
edman2
RK1468
el_d
Rick_G
ericw95
RichF
Fatdawg
RHossack
Finatic
reddwil
fireangels
quister
firedkm
qballizhere
firewhatfire
pwhay
flash880
PTownSubbie
foamcapt40
prophetmkr
fsyxxx
Pioneerpens
G1Pens
Phunky_2003
gandsande
pfde4
Gezawa
Pete275
ghenley
pensbydesign
ghostrider
penmaker1967
gingerwood
pctechmgr
glennw
patsikes
GoodTurns
paintspill
greggas
omb76
grumpyoldman
Harley2001
Oldwagon
Haynie
OLDMAN5050
hehndc
Old Lar
hewunch
ohiococonut
hilltopper46
obone
HSTurning
nsfr1206
hubert
NewLondon88
hunter-27
nava1uni
islandturner
mtgrizzly52
its_virgil
msvoma44
jasonsosa---name changed to Blindzman
MSGMP
jbswearingen
MrWright
JDJ309
Mrs Rojo22
Jeff G
MrPukaShell
JeffT
mredburn
JeremyJ
Mr Vic
jhprice
Monty
Jim Smith
Minotbob
Jim15
Milan
john l graham
MikeG
Johnny westbrook
Mike8850
johnnyw
mbroberg
JohnR06
maxman400
JRay8
MarkHix
jthompson1995
MarkD
junosdad
mapletree
juteck
Manny
keithlong
Mack C.
kenlicciardello
lsldh
Knucklefish
louisbry
kovalcik
lorjac47
krc0604
lorbay
LanceD
Linarestribe
Larry in Harrow
lilliopus
LarryDNJR
Leviblue

Holiday P.I.T.H.(pen in the hat) & Blank Exchange
[FONT=&quot]Ok folks you asked for it now you got it. Here is your last chance for a PITH swap before the New Year!!![/FONT]
First off, let me start by saying this event is primarily being ran by one of our newer members. Some of you may know him, most probably do not. James (fireangles) joined our group only a few months ago around the time of our last P.I.T.H. event. In short, he really enjoyed the event and stepped up and asked about running the next one. I consulted with Mike, and in talking with James, we agreed to work on the event together. Being a "new kid on the block" to the group, I thought it might be best for him to work with a longer term member who is a little better known to the group to put the event together. This will give him the support of some hard earned experience without all the "growing pains" to gain that experience. I have no doubt in his desire or ability to pull this off alone, but having a familiar name involved will also help ease the minds of the "longer term" members in that there is someone they are more familiar with to communicate concerns with that they might not otherwise want to do. Now I do not want to be seen as "taking over" the event so if you have a question/problem, your first point of contact should be James. How else can he gain the experience of running an event such as this without being given the opportunity to resolve any "issues"? If he cannot give you an answer, or you would just feel more comfortable, by all means contact me. If neither of us can get resolution, the next step would be to go to our Activity Manager, Mike (mbroberg).

[FONT=&quot]Here are the rules[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After reading many of your posts, we are combining several ideas. Sign up is from now (as of this posting) through September 30, 2011. This gives ample time to get folks signed up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You do not need to wait until the pairings are posted to begin work. Your partners name is irrelevant to the pen as this post will have already given you the needed guidelines to begin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PITH pens will be due to your recipient by[/FONT][FONT=&quot]December 21, 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. If this is not enough time to complete a pen, perhaps this is not the event for you. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]THEME??[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Of course there is a theme. This events theme is WOOD.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Have FUN sharing your work.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It can be any style shape or size you want as long as it's made from WOOD. Your experience level is not important. Make the best pen you can for your ability level, and I'm sure your partner will treasure it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All pens will be made from WOOD, it doesn't matter if its sawdust, a branch you just cut, your firewood, stabilized, spalted, or dare I say, Bar B-Q wood as long as it's mostly WOOD. Cast wood works as well, just be sure it does not become a synthetic blank with only wooden accents.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In this event we are combining it with a blank exchange so you will need to add at least 1 blank to your box. The blank(s) should be of normal, pen blank size, and can be whatever you want. Your favorite wood, your favorite cast, inlay, decaled, segment ETC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Make sure your partner gets their pen and blank on or before [/FONT][FONT=&quot]December 21, 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to avoid any I'll feelings and to avoid a bad wrap for yourself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will have the list out by October 3, 2011 if not earlier.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Last but not least, be creative and I repeat, Have fun![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Per the forum rules, in order to participate your user profile must contain your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]real first and last name[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]city,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] AND [/FONT][FONT=&quot]state[/FONT][FONT=&quot]of residence/or foreign country[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Be sure to do this PRIOR to signing up. Those with incomplete info will have there name dropped from the list during the pairing.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have failed to follow through with IAP activities in the past don't bother attempting to join this one as your name will be removed prior to posting pairs. If you don't think you will be able to complete the pen, do not waste our time and energy by signing up. We are mostly adults here please act accordingly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you signed up by mistake, want to back out, or need to withdraw. Please contact hunter-27 or fireangels, PRIOR to the parings being posted, and your name will be discretely removed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the pairings are posted, plan to honor your obligation. We will handle any "exceptions" on an as needed, individual basis.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No matter what (sometimes "life happens"), keep in contact with your swap partner up until the swap is complete.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nothing causes more frustration than not knowing what is going on. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Besides your partner, keep James and/or myself informed of any concerns. We cannot help you if we do not know there is help needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Teaser photos are encouraged. They are fun and peak the interest of everyone before the actual picture of the pen is posted. Post teaser photos directly in this thread. I will get some help setting up a different place to post finished pen photos for once the swaps are completed. That will be announced later.[/FONT]

Last edited:

cwolfs69

So Pens by Charley gets to send a pen to Canada. Now we can refine what we had planned and get it to darrin1200.

ericw95

So for those not getting the twist ...

Rick_G
ericw95
RichF

Rick_G sends a pen to me and should email me for contact info. I in turn send a pen to RichF and will be emailing him right after this post. RichF will contact the person listed after his name.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Am I missing the alphabetical part?
Alphabetically(with a twist).:wink:

Hans, it's basically working inside out. 1st and last are paired and it works inwards and Leviblue is the exact middle participant so he's the begining and end name. Notice how all the "L" names are at the bottom of the list?
YEP
Am I missing the alphabetical part?
Alphabetically(with a twist).:wink:

And Landon is one Twisted Individual!!!:biggrin::biggrin:
:eek::eek::eek:

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, Let's get ready to rumble!!! Mine is in the works. Just need some time to get it finished.

darrin1200

Recieved pm from Charley (cwolfs69) and sent my address. Can't wait.
Sent pm to fellow retiree Gary (sgm retired). Looking forward to creating a pen for him.

aussieturner

thanks to the organisers of this looks like a really good role call !!
and for a few lucky people a nice batch of amazing timbers from the land down under coming their way from the group of aussies :biggrin:

cwolfs69

Contacted Darrin1200 and have received shipping information this morning. getting started today. sure hope he likes what we do. Something special for him.

Carl Fisher

Contacted and replied on both sides.

It's interesting how alphabetically flipped like this, both my recipient and sender are in the same state as me. Looking forward to this.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
By request, I have added the original "rules" to the bottom of my post to give those who would like a chance to review them without an extended search. TY for the suggestion.

penmaker1967

pm has been sent to the person i am send i ng a pen to and just got the addreess . will begin on the pen next weekend du e to a show that i have this coming weekend, wil have it sent off with some packing material hopefully by the end of oct.

Haynie

Both old guys contacted
Oldwagon
Haynie
OLDMAN5050

After looking at the pens they have posted, I so don't have any skeelz. Putting my thinking cap on.

Top Bottom