2008 Secret Santa - Sign up here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Got mine last week. Really nice burl blanks and a couple others. Along with 3 really nice Sierra kits, and a couple others. One of the Poker ones too. Cool as heck.
Thanks Michael Shue.

I'm a little embarrassed, I cant figure out who Micheal is here.

altaciii

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Many thanks to Mark Brackett (mobrackett) for the big box of stuff I received on Saturday. Two big pine cones, a slimline kit with the tubes prefitted with pine cones squared up and ready to turn, a wonderful assortment of blanks (some of which I have never turned), and a pine cone slim ready to write with. This secret santa thing was really a lt of fun. Thank you, Jason for setting it up, its been great reading all the posts as Santa makes his rounds.

Received my SS package a week or so ago, and refused to open it until I sent my offering out. Well, mine was posted Wednesday, so I opened the one I received---it was a veritable "penturner's potpourri"; there were several blanks, all very nice ones, including a very hefty one of walnut, which I think will become a couple bottle stoppers;
some slimline kits; a tubed .06 case; some chunks of antler; a couple of pieces of pickguard material..........this is gonna be fun for quite a while! (Thanks, Stevers!!!)

massmans

Got my package today. All I can say is WOW.

A great Amboyna with turquoise sierra click pen.
Pen blanks in the following
box elder
spalted hackberry
Trex (composite decking)
sapele
laminated bamboo
curly walnut
saguaro cactus ribs
and some acrylics

And some Asian Ironwood stopper blanks

Thanks again Chris for the great gift.

Woodlvr

I also posted this in the other thread but I received mine last week and thinking that it was pen kits I had ordered, I opened it immediately to find a really nice Elegant Beauty pen kit and my choice of some nice looking blanks. Thanks S.S. and Merry Christmas to all.

TribalRR

I received mine today from someone in TX. I got a very nice Pen, a couple bottles of CA, some nice wood blanks, and a bunch of orament kits!!! Thanks Santa!

Jim15

I received my present from my Secret Santa. Got some very nice blanks, a couple of which I have never turned before and some pen kits to use them on. Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Daniel

Just got home from spending Christmas Eve with my family. Found a gift from my santa waiting on the porch. Opened it with all my kids and wife oohing and ahhing at a box full of some of the most amazing wood and other materials. Almost all of which are first timers for me. I even have a piece of alternative Ivory for the very first time and a waste wood blank that is cast in Black! I don't know how much time Santa spent figuring me out but that could not have been a better choice if they had gotten advice from my wife. Right now the Kids are still arguing about who gets the pen made with the spalted Huckelberry.
Thanks Santa, your gift put an extra special moment with my family in my Christmas Eve.

Nick

Daniel,
What a gift to get on Christmas eve!!
Your thank you words to the person were well said.
Have a Merry Christmas with your family!!

mobrackett

Today is my lucky day after opening mine from Glenn in Chesterfield Mi (AKA oobak)
I was very surprised and happy to get a lazor cut barber pole with a sierra pen kit, 2 kaleidascope blanks (looks like black walnut), and 5 incredible wood blanks. I got Ancient Kauri, Redwood Burl, Mesquite, Bog oak, and oak from a old barn built back in the 1800's.
I could not be happier as a pen turner!!! Thanks Glenn!!! I hope everyone has had as good of a Christmas as I have. Merry Christmas to all.

VisExp

Just got home after visiting my in-laws for Christmas in Mississippi and found my gift from my Secret Santa waiting for me :biggrin: A Jr. Statesman kit, bushings and some gorgeous pen blanks. Most of the blanks I've never even heard of, let alone worked with, so I'm in for a real treat. Thanks very much Secret Santa!

rlofton

I got mine on Christmas Eve from Randy (Wolfcoast) in CT. Some very nice woods and a pen. Thanks, Randy. Everything will be put to good use. Gotta come up with something special for the book matched pieces.

Thanks again!

Darley

Well I receive my Secret Santa pressy today and it was very generous with awesome blanks and micro beading tools, Thank you Santa .

I will make sure to be a good boy this year again:biggrin:

Top Bottom