The 10th Annual IAP Birthday Bash!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The Birthday Bash is right around the corner!

If you are fairly new around here you may not know what the Birthday Bash is. It is a PARTY that celebrates the founding of "The Best Penmaking Site in the Universe" (right off of Jeff's business card:biggrin:)! There are contests to enter, prizes to be won, auctions, creativity to admire, vendor discounts, fun and fellowship! It is a month of online fun! No invitation needed, just join in! It begins February 1st and lasts all month!

As you are reading this there are quite a few hard working volunteers putting the finishing touches on things. They have been working hard to provide the IAP membership a variety of activities. Planned events include:

Daily Trivia Contest

4th Annual Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest sponsored by Brooks Blanks

Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks

Freestyle Pen Contest

Beginner Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by JohnU Fantastic Feathers

Casting Contest - Colors

Casting Contest - Tube On sponsored by PTownSubbie Silicone Molds

Casting Contest - Embedded Object

Collaborative Creative Challenge

Intermediate Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by R & B Crafts

Youth Beautiful Pen Contest - 14-16 Years Old sponsored by Maj'k Blanks

Youth Beautiful Pen Contest - Under 14 Years Old

Modified Pen Contest

Antler, Horn, or Bone Pen Contest

Best Library Article Contest

Featured Pen Contest

Photo Contest - Shop / Shop Life

Photo Contest - Pen Marketing

Photo Contest - No Rules

Creative Mug Shots Contest

Edible Pen Contest

Match The Shop Contest

Wood Identification Contest sponsored by the Classic Nib

Almost Daily Puzzler dedicated to the memory of Landon (Hunter-27) Smith

Auctions

(The list of activities is subject to change.)​

If you want a little taste of what is in store here is a link to last year's Birthday Bash.

I hope you find time to drop by and join the fun!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
It's been a gargantuan behind-the-scenes effort, by a large number of volunteers - but this is going to be one of the best IAP Birthday Bash celebrations ever!!

Prizes galore - looking forward to seeing a lot of participation this year!

Andrew

Haynie

Here we go. For the last two years the weather has gone to crap and made it impossible to enter. This year looks to be plenty mild. What are the deadlines?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hanie. They have to be done before you started.:biggrin: Im proud to say we will have the Youth contests again. Look to last years contests for inspiration I hope to have a bigger turn out this year for the kids.

sschering

I had only been a member for 1 month last year and didn't even know it was going on :) so I missed it.

Guess I need to duke it out in intermediate class as I'm a month over due for beginner.

I have one kit I have been holding back just for this event and it will be the first one I've done for myself.

I ordered a few extra kits for the kids if I can get them interested.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I wonder if they are having an "Ugliest Turner contest". You really wouldnt want to win that one.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I had only been a member for 1 month last year and didn't even know it was going on :) so I missed it.

Guess I need to duke it out in intermediate class as I'm a month over due for beginner.

I have one kit I have been holding back just for this event and it will be the first one I've done for myself.

We are doing it a little different this year. By this years rules if you believe you are a beginner then you may compete in the beginner class. We are counting on everyone's honest assessment of their own abilities. I would, however, encourage everyone to push themselves. You will learn alot more by working outside your comfort zone.

Last edited:

We are doing it a little different this year. By this years rules if you believe you are a beginner then you may compete in the beginner class. We are counting on everyone's honest assessment of their own abilities. I would, however, encourage everyone to push themselves. You will learn alot more by working outside your comfort zone.

By those standards, if we believe our maturity levels to be under sixteen, there would be some stiff competition! :biggrin:

Huge thanks in advance to everyone working on making the best Bash yet!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hey, I have only made 53 pens I could qualify as a beginner!

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Here we go. For the last two years the weather has gone to crap and made it impossible to enter. This year looks to be plenty mild. What are the deadlines?

Weather... Mild?!?!? You are definitely nowhere near us!!! Heck... Right now I'm just looking forward to temps above zero again!

Haynie

Weather... Mild?!?!? You are definitely nowhere near us!!! Heck... Right now I'm just looking forward to temps above zero again!

You have to remember the difference between my part of Arizona and Green Bay. You are freezing, and we are drying up. No moisture in over a month, and warmer than normal. Last year we spent most of january and february barely above freezing. It is supposed to be 64 Thursday. The high pressure is breaking up and maybe rain soon. I'll take freezing weather if it means moisture. Drought sucks.

Haynie

Hanie. They have to be done before you started.:biggrin: Im proud to say we will have the Youth contests again. Look to last years contests for inspiration I hope to have a bigger turn out this year for the kids.

I told myself that I was going to challenge myself to get it done between the announcement and the deadline.

Top Bottom