New Activities Manager - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Default New Activities Manager

It has been nearly 5 years since we were able to twist Mike Broberg's arm to serve as our Activities Manager. After 5 Birthday Bashes, and many swaps, raffles, and contests, Mike is ready to turn the reins over to the next unsuspecting volunteer. Mr. Broberg, THANK YOU for your many years of service and sacrifice. The IAP has grown tremendously in size and quality during your tenure, in large part because you put on activities that people really enjoyed and wanted to be part of. I sincerely appreciate the investment you made in our community.

Now, I'm happy to announce that Mike Redburn has agreed to take over as the IAP Activities Manager effective immediately. Mike has had a very significant role in the last several Bashes, and co-managed it with Mike Broberg this year. He was recommended and recruited for this position by Mike B, and I am very happy to have him on our team.

The Activities Manager is responsible for coordination and oversight of all formal activities we run here at the site such as fundraising, pen swaps, contests, and whatever else comes up that fits the loose definition of "Activity." The overall responsibility of the position is to ensure that all activities that we engage in are in the best interest of our members and the IAP, and that they run smoothly, efficiently, and fairly. Although he sometimes runs activities directly, the AM is responsible for oversight of activities, not necessarily running them. If he knocks on your inbox asking for help, please consider lending a hand. As things usually go, a member interested in running an activity will contact him with details of the activity, and Mike will give guidance and the approval to proceed.

I am also very happy to report that Mike Broberg has agreed to continue as a member of the management team. Mike has provided me with good advice over the years, and I look forward to calling on his logical, common-sense approach to solving problems.

Mike and Mike, THANK YOU!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 54

Well, at least we don't have to learn a new name.Thankyou Mike for leading us to the fun,and thankyou Mike for continuing the quest.It should be a fun journey.
Spanx is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Great choice.
bobjackson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 1

This was my first year heading up a contest for the BASH and I can tell you from first hand experience...had it not been for both Mikes helping me through the learning curve of figuring things out, I would never have been able to do it.
Thank you to Mike Broberg for a job well done and thank you to Mike Redburn for taking over the reins. Everyone appreciates both of you very much~
bobleibo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks to both MIKEs.

The IAP wouldn't be what it is without your help and the help of everyone else.
There is no site better then the IAP and no better members anywhere.

"Don't go riding on that long black train."
stonepecker is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2015, 02:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager
Emeritus

Photos: 131

Thanks for the kind words. I believe Mike Redburn will do a fantastic job in this position. Especially if he receives the amount of support and encouragement from Jeff and his team, and the membership, that I did. The IAP is a wonderful community that I am proud to be a part of. I must admit, however, I am looking forward to being a participant in activities rather than the manager of activities. I may even run an activity occasionally for Mike and I encourage each of you to consider helping out occasionally as time permits.

Thanks again for all your support over the last several years.
mbroberg is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Emeritus...something that happens at universities AND at IAP

Hey Mike B., do you get a substantial monetary stipend, now that you have "Emeritus" added to your title?

Actually, all seriousness aside, thanks for all your quality, hard work from back before you got "emeritus-ized"
Old 03-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mike - THANKS!!! for all of the work you have out into the IAP.

Mike - THANKS!!! for taking on the new task - we know you have already put in plenty of time and effort in the IAP.

Dave
lyonsacc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Mike and Thanks Mike.
kruzzer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 9

I've had nothing but positive encounters with both Mikes, they have always been there to lend an opinion or bring perspective to any issue I dealt with, and advice and encouragement on tackling things here on the forum... I know Mike B had poured his heart and soul into the many activities here on the IAP, and in every one I was involved in, I was amazed at his dedication and commitment to make them the best they can be for the members. Knowing that it can be a real pain to find the time to work so hard for the forum AND find time to spend the ridiculous amount of money Jeff pays this position , I think it is great that Mike B decided to share the wealth with Mike R. I can't think of anyone on the forum who could do a better job of taking the reigns. Their Co-BASH-ing was a fantastic effort!!!!

Thank you for all your hard work and help over the years Mike B, and best of luck to Mike R in the coming years, I'm sure I speak for many of the IAP members when I say that we are here for you if you need any help or assistance along the way!!!

It is going to be difficult to remember the first name of the guy running events tho... I'm not good with change....
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads