We try to help - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Business Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 23

Default We try to help

This thread brings up a point about the Triton Roller ball being "soft" with the stock spring that comes with the kit:
Triton trouble... spring not strong enough.

Actually, I prefer the length of the triton when I use Jr. Gent tubes (about a quarter inch longer in the pen body), but that has always meant replacing the springs. So I have ordered several styles and strengths.

One is here and we tested it with the Triton, using the "stock" tubes from Berea--it works well. So, if you are placing an order with Exotics for anything and you would llike to try these springs, just say so in your comments and we will include a couple with your order.

Of course, if you are ordering Triton Roller Ball kits, just ask and you can have the "upgrade" (actually optional would be better) spring at no additional cost. Find the Triton Rollerball here:
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=60

In other news at Exotics this week---JohnU's feathers were up for a couple hours. Sold out--thanks to all who purchased.

We have added partners--first Zander Pommo is now making snakeskin blanks for us!!! We were going to have a big "kickoff", but while Dawn was putting the products "up" on the site, they were all purchased, so we will "kickoff" when we get the next shipment from Alex!! We are very pleased to have him join Exotics (since Dawn has no time for making blanks--we appreciate Alex filling her slippers!!)

Also in the new partner category is Doddman (Shane Dodd and his wife, Dawn!!) Shane has spent nearly a half year working to perfect his casting. Now, he and Dawn are making the Cholla blanks you can see here: http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.ph...=196&Itemid=60
By the way, Dawn has used the "mouse over" technique in these pictures---I think it's really cool--so if you go to the individual color pages, mouse over the picture to see a finished pen---makes shopping even MORE fun!!!

There are still some colors left, so try a couple!! I did turn these, personally and can tell you they are nicely cast--like all "media mixtures", I recommend turning with the thin CA bottle nearby as the material becomes thinner. Probably not recommended for very new turners.

Keep your eyes open, this week.

Exotics will be announcing an EXCLUSIVE new pen kit, made by Berea for Exotics and Exotics ONLY!!

Also, we are still the EXCLUSIVE source for the Zen pattern from RhinoPlastic and we still have some in stock!! Look here:

http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=60

Well, it's getting to crunch time!!! We have planned since January to try to be ready for the Fall Show season and NOW, it is HERE!!! Not all of our products have arrived---watch for some REALLY NICE leather boxes, as well as maple one and two slot boxes--coming this week (if the bill of lading is correct). Speaking of bills of lading, I have a shipment coming from Italy with some new things, too.

Enough for now---As the trucks come in this week, we will announce what arrives!!! By the end of September, we hope to have completely full shelves for the Oct and November "heavy" shows.

Good luck to al!!! With the help of all of our partners, Dawn and I hope to provide all those who use Exotics with products that will help you "stand out" from the "show exhibitor crowd".

If you have suggestions, or questions, please PM or call me (Dawn is swamped)!!!

Thanks again for the fantastic number of orders you placed this weekend!!!!

Ed & Dawn

Last edited by ed4copies; 09-05-2011 at 10:45 PM.
ed4copies is offline   Top