International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Business Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Sale - White Gold Slimlines

HERE IS AN OFFER

14.4Kt White Gold Slimlines on sale.

HERE IS THE STORY

My supplier calls these Platinum

I bought them thinking they were Rhodium (I asked the supplier if Platinum was the same as Rhodium- he said yes.) I bought some of his platinum component sets from his stock thinking that he substituted Rhodium for platinum. I had not asked the right question.

SEE THREAD " SALE - SLIMLINES IN WHITE GOLD"

He shipped them to me labeled Platinum. I later asked the question I should have asked at the beginning "What is the plating formula on your Platinum kits" --- his reply 60% gold, 20% Palladium and 20% copper. Notice that there is not only no rhodium there is no platinum. But 60% gold means that it is about 14.4 Kt gold.

The palladium is often used to give white gold the white color and it produces a good white gold, the copper helps. Usually I would expect to see silver in the mix. 14.4Kt gold can be made to be more resistant to wear than 24Kt but not using palladium - these will have about the same or perhaps marginally better wear characteristics than 24Kt gold.

I do not know if what other suppliers are calling platinum is the same thing or not.

Anyway sometime tomorrow these will be 20% off in my store using the code MYFOLLY. When ready the listing will be on the home page of the store.

Now--they are nice kits and I think slimline turners will really like them and I will stand behind them as I do all products I sell. But they are marked Platinum and that they are not.
SEE THREAD " SALE - SLIMLINES IN WHITE GOLD"

Last edited by Smitty37; 07-21-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Smitty37 is offline   Top