International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Business Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Purchases from Dayacom

As you know I have been doing some buying for members of high end component sets such as Emperor and Jr Emperor from Dayacom.

I have been collecting payment and then ordering the sets and delivering the sets about 5 or 6 weeks later.

Starting October 1st I can not do that without violating the General Selling rule which states items can only be advertised in the classified ad section if they are in hand or on order.

The problem is these are expensive sets running from $37 to $60 each with a MOQ of 30 sets. I have to know that there will be enough sets wanted to cover the MOQ so that I only have to fill in a few of each style and finish. I also have limited capitol and can't afford to front the money which on one order ran close to $7000 - I'm not a big business or a rich man.

I would like to keep running these sales for members but have not been able to come up with a way to do so and stay withing the rules.

It has been suggested I use my web site for this activity. I run these sales strictly for IAP members and do not offer them to my non-IAP customers so I have no incentive to put them on my website.

They can't be run within the rules of a group buy either because the rules for group buys say the coordinator must make sure the seller has stock to cover the orders and there are some other issues as well.

I want you to know that I am working on this and will try to come up with a solution that meets the spirit and letter of the new rules. This might take some time.

The purchases I have been running from Rizheng won't be affected because I know how many I am going to order and can (and often do already) place the order before I ask for payment.

IF anyone has any ideas they would like to share on how I might be able to continue to buy from Dayacom for the members - please share your ideas.

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO ANYTHING BUT SHARING IDEAS ABOUT HOW I CAN OFFER THIS SERVICE. I SUPPORT THE RULE CHANGE AND AM NOT LOOKING TO GET IT MODIFIED.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

If I were interested, I think I would make sure that the owners of Dayacom understand that their antiquated way of doing business will soon spell doom in this day and age. If they can't adapt to modern times, another business will come along and eat them for breakfast. But, alas, I don't care whether Dayacom continues in business or not!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 61

Smitty, perhaps mention that there will be an advance purchase, then run every thinbg from your site. Not sure how to let folks know that a buy is being set up, maybe just a simple one line like
Smitty's prebuy for XXX kit, and a link to your site.
bitshird is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativewooder View Post
If I were interested, I think I would make sure that the owners of Dayacom understand that their antiquated way of doing business will soon spell doom in this day and age. If they can't adapt to modern times, another business will come along and eat them for breakfast. But, alas, I don't care whether Dayacom continues in business or not!
Barry, this is the standard for dealing with any Chinese manufacturer, I know I've had to play their game.
But if the ship by the Government shipping service TNT you will stand a better chance of getting your goods, I'm not sure how CSUSA and Berea do it, they probably have a line of credit with Dayacom and the producer of the other kits, but they order 1000s of each at a time, which Smitty can't do, so they most likely accommodate dealers of that size.
bitshird is offline   Top
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Smitty,

I don't know about you web setup, so if these suggestions won't work, my apologies.

Can you setup a blind web page accessible only from a link that you could post in a classified ad? That way only IAP members that saw the ad could access it.

Another choice, I have set up password protected pages before. You could put the link on your main site under "IAP Special Sale", but only those that know the password could access the page for the sale.

If the blind or password page cannot work, what if you put the pre-order pens on your site but priced them at $100000.00. You could then give out a discount code at IAP that lowered the price down to the price you want IAP members to pay. No one else will pay the ridiculous price so no one else will order.

Hope this is of some help.
kovalcik is offline   Top
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Assistant Moderator
Vendor Liaison

Location: Lake of the Woods - middle of nowhere in the great, white North

Another option for those who want to do a smaller group buy:
http://www.dayacom.com.tw/daya_brand.php?m=catalog

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Top
Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 100

????????????? Andrew these do NOT qualify for a group buy according to the the group buy rules. Just a minimum order of the Emperors in both platings is $6210.00, thats why Smitty was doing it the way he was. Maybe I'm missing something here>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post
www.classicnib.com
www.facebook.com/classicnib

OKLAHOMAN is offline   Top
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Assistant Moderator
Vendor Liaison

Location: Lake of the Woods - middle of nowhere in the great, white North

Nope, just me being dopey today...sick day from work, so my head's not where it should be...

Just posted a link to the 'retail sales' page from Dayacom's website - I honestly didn't even look at it...

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Top
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post
That's the one we use Andrew.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Here's a secret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitshird View Post
Smitty, perhaps mention that there will be an advance purchase, then run every thinbg from your site. Not sure how to let folks know that a buy is being set up, maybe just a simple one line like
Smitty's prebuy for XXX kit, and a link to your site.
The problem with this is....I get about 30% of my orders AFTER I close the offer.

Another thing - I have found that I get a much lower response rate when I advertise that people must go to my website than when I take orders from here or get their order here and then send them to my store.