OLIVE WOOD pen blanks from Australia (FPOW) $1.00 each

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Christmas Special Offer
FPOW - Fleureau Peninsula Olive Wood

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been talking to a few pen turners that expressed the enjoyment in turning olive wood, and the nice smells that produce. I know only too well how it feels as I'm fortunate to have a good stock of some of the best Olive wood available in the world today. The story associated with these olive trees, have been repeatedly shared by me, on various threads and posts so, no need to repeat it once again...!

As I was saying, the issue of the pleasant smell (to most people) as the wood is turned, gave me and idea that I discussed with my working and life partner, wife Merissa and we have decided to select one of our Olive wood logs (nearly 40kg) and cut it ALL into pen blanks and offer them for sale as a very, very discounted price of AU$1.00 each for a mix of blanks that the log have produced.

The idea was to slice the logs into 21mm thick boards and then rip the board in 21mm again and cut the timber strips into 130mm long pen blanks. Each group of pen blanks is the result of one board width so that everyone gets a chance to get a mix of all grades in each group. Is impossible to make every group equal, but they are identical, as I don't wanted to make any hand grades on any of these blanks, everyone get what nature has produce from that board of the log!

I deliberately fully sealed the green blanks (trees cut 1 year ago and logs end grain painted) with very hot wax, so that the very strong smell of green Olive is preserved for you people to enjoy. The idea is that, you can, and maybe for the first time in your life, get 2 opportunities the enjoy the Olive wood aromas out of each blank, how...?

Well, by being green(ish) and therefore not ready to turn into a pen right now, unless you have the conditions to dry the blank artificially (microwave, etc), you can mark the blank center on both ends and turn "SLOWLY", (so that you have time to enjoy it), its corners in between centers, until is just starting to get round. Do not drill the blank either before or after, in this stage, you are only getting the first "fix" of the Olive smell, and removing the wax so that will dry faster. You can, at this time give it a coat or 2 of a good timber stabilizer just to protect the now round but, oversize blank, while dries!

Then, when you got it dry, you can then do what you normally do, cut, drill it, glue the tubes and back to the lathe it goes for you second "fix", maybe not as strong as the first time but, this time you will have a lot more timber to turn so, it balances out nicely...!:biggrin:

Due to the fact that the blanks are a little heavier than normal (for obvious reasons!), a 250gr pack will no be applicable so all groups were weight with the respective packaging heavy duty envelope to a very maximum of 500gr. each.

The Olive log was cut, sliced and diced, today 15/11/09 and blanks immediately sanded, marked and waxed afterwards to retain maximum natural smell. Most groups will have a smaller blank, this is one of the shorter pieces produced from each board, which is also used to provide the correct weight necessary! Each group contain all grades associated with olive wood, A1++, A1, A2 and A. Full blank size is approx. 21mm square X 130mm long.

So, you have no excuses any more, for not buying, turning, having a smell fix x2 and making obviously that most wanted Olive wood pen, for that special gift...!

We have done this, as a symbolic Christmas gift from us, to all of you, mainly those that will for the first time, experience the pleasures of working with Olive wood. For those that Christmas time has no significant meaning, see it as special price gift from the Australian friends...!:wink::biggrin:

IT WORKS LIKE THIS;

* - TOTAL PRICES INCLUDE AIR-FREIGHT POSTAGE CHARGES to USA and Canada, for other locations please check here.

*- 1 x Group (approx. 8 blanks) = $8.00+$2.00(H/D envelope)+$15.30 (0.5kg freight) = AU$25.30

*- 2 x Groups (approx. 16 blanks) = $16.00+2.50(H/D envelope)+$27.30 (1.0kg freight) = AU$45.80

*- 3 x Groups (approx. 24 blanks) = $24.00+2.50(H/D envelope)+$39.30 (1.5kg freight) = AU$65.80

*- 4 x Groups (approx. 32 blanks) = $32.00+3.00(H/D envelope)+$51.30 (2.0kg freight) = AU$86.30

**Currency is going like a yo-yo so, if you would like to check, here it is;

This is the log used.

OK, here we go...!

- Group1

- Group2 - (Sold)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jorgesmaximus/IAP%20sales%20Olive%20wood/timberpreparation912_1.jpg

- Group3

- Group4

- Group5

- Group6

- Group7

- Group8

- Group9 - (Sold)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jorgesmaximus/IAP%20sales%20Olive%20wood/timberpreparation919_1.jpg

- Group10

- Group11

- Group12 - (Sold)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jorgesmaximus/IAP%20sales%20Olive%20wood/timberpreparation922_1.jpg

- Group13 - (Sold)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jorgesmaximus/IAP%20sales%20Olive%20wood/timberpreparation923.jpg

- Group14 - (Sold)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jorgesmaximus/IAP%20sales%20Olive%20wood/timberpreparation924_1.jpg

- Group15

- Group16

- Group17

- Group18

*- Additional groups will be added as necessary, there are lots more...!:wink:

NOTE: All payments have to be made using Paypal, use this post to put your orders in, easier for everyone to follow, including me!
PM's will be sent to buyers with payment instructions.

If you have any questions please, PM me!

Good luck & Thank you!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everyone,

Attention DennisM, could you please advise if you wish to cancel your order request, or proceed with the Paypal Payment, as payment was never received and 3 PM's sent with no response from you! I apologize for having to put this massage here, as I have no other way to reach you!

foamcapt40 and wdcav1952, items should be half way there, I reckon...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

DennisM

Sorry about that, i could have sworn I replied to your pm, my fault. Please go ahead and release them. I have a family "issue" arise and sad to say can not afford them at the moment.

Once again, sorry about not responding to the pm.

Dennis

Hi everyone,

Attention DennisM, could you please advise if you wish to cancel your order request, or proceed with the Paypal Payment, as payment was never received and 3 PM's sent with no response from you! I apologize for having to put this massage here, as I have no other way to reach you!

foamcapt40 and wdcav1952, items should be half way there, I reckon...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom