George's RESIFILL pen blanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hello everybody,

Here I am with all the new casted blanks, from down under and made using all the local woods that I have part of my collection.

The number of timbers species used on this large lot of Resifills, is in comparecing very small, many other timber species will be use in future castings, giving a bigger selection to chose from...!

This opening sales thread is part of my introduction made here most relevant info is within that thread so time to get to business...!

Timber species with a large number of resifills made from, are grouped in series of 6 blanks, I will start to introduce the first ones that were randomly marked and numbered. Other timber species with not as many resifills made, will appear among the first groups introduced here. The best or worse blanks aren't deliberately put first or kept for last, they will appear in numerical order for each timber species.

OK, so the deal is, AU$3.50 per blank regardless of wood species used or amount of resin each blank contain.

-* Air freight cots for 5 (five) resifill blanks 250gr. = AU$9.30 (USA & Canada) + AU$17.50 = AU$26.80 approx. USD$24.10

-*Air freight costs for 10 (ten) resifill blanks 500gr. = AU$15.30 (USA & Canada) + AU$35.00 = AU$50.30 approx. USD$45.42

-*Air freight costs for 20 (twenty) resifill blanks 1kg. = AU$27.30 (USA & Canada) + AU$70.00 = AU$97.30 approx USD$87.90

For any other locations, please PM me for price!

To order, just use this thread to make your requests, use the group number at the top of the blank (letter) and the number of written on the blank bottom part, example A1, A5, B4, C7, etc.

Payment is made through Paypal, and a PM will be sent with payment details as soon as the requests are received!

I will try to have the blanks sold marked as not available, as quickly as I possibly can to avoid confusions, thank you!

Hope they are satisfactory to you all...!:wink::biggrin:

George's Resifill pen blanks

As advised, the blanks not sold here, are now for sale in my eBay store (address in my signature bellow), under "Resifill pen blanks" on the PEN blanks section. Those blanks are no longer available for individual selection, but in mixed groups of 9 (nine) Resifill blanks each.

This thread is now <<<<<<<<closed>>>>>>>>

Thank you!

Good luck...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

They look great George,

I will take:

F - all of them
L - 1,2,3,6
M - 4,6,7
O - 1,2
G - 1,4,6
D - 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10
C - 2,5,9,15,17,18,20
B - 1,2,3,4,8,9,10,16,18,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
A - 3,6,9,21,30,42,45,66

Bruce

Last edited:

robutacion

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to wonder if this thread of mine is "unreachable" to everyone, I mean invisible or nor showing in their computers...???:confused::wink:

Is the thread too large due to the pics (even tough they are "hosted" by and external source)...???

Can people with normal dial-up connection, open/see this thread...???

I can guarantee the thread is virus free and has no teeth so, it can't bite...!!!:eek::wink:

The smell of PR may be a little too strong still (some freshly cooked :eek:), but the heat is long gone...!:cool:

Just in case anyone wonder about the smallest package size available, that would be the 250gr @ AU$9.30 to US and Canada (other places, please contact me for prices), I would be able to fit a max. of 5 Resifill blanks on it.:biggrin:

All for now, I'm going to make myself a :coffee: :wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

David Keller

George,

The photos on the thread show up just fine for me, BUT when I click on them, I can't open a larger version of the photo.

Still shopping but expect I'll break down at some point and order some of these.

David

Crickett

Hi George,

The blanks look great!!! I showed Pete and we both prefer the deeper, darker colours, especially the black wattle and majestic olive. At the moment I am swamped with wood but when we're ready to order again we'll email you.

Great to see you're keeping busy!!

I turned a couple of the "bees wings" blanks, just waiting for kits before I post them.

Marla

robutacion

George,

The photos on the thread show up just fine for me, BUT when I click on them, I can't open a larger version of the photo.

Still shopping but expect I'll break down at some point and order some of these.

David

Hi David,

I'm glad that you asked about some of the pics that are shown in smaller size than those originally downloaded on the opening thread.

Like most of us, I used Photobucket to "host" my pics, and then put the link only, on the thread and they open automatically when someone clicks on the thread for viewing. I knew that the limit was 75KB per pic, unlimited number if "hosted" elsewhere, and when I transferred them from my computer into Photobucket the size that it transfers at is 640x420 and unless you manually change that, thats how they will show.

I notice that Photobucket do not show anywhere the size of the pic in "KB's", I actually send a question request to the assistance people and they say that, "in some computers...:confused:", putting the mouse over the pic will show the pic size in KB, on others it doesn't and you have to transfer the pic to some other program like "Paint" open it and see how many KB's the pic is!:eek:

How ridiculous as this much sound, this is a fact, and this alone can allow/make people download links that are a lot bigger than one could ever though. This wasn't the cause (but it could easily be) of most of my pics have been deleted by Curtis (Moderator responsible for this area of the forum) due to forum rules pic size allowance, infringement. I actually follow the assistance people advice and download one (any pic) into Paint program, open it and check its size, 64kb...! well under the 75kb allowed, I thought...!

Downloaded all the links into the forum opening thread and clicked "save"!.
Open the thread myself, check if everything was right, yep... all good..., moved to "New Posts" option, had a read around for a while, when I got a PM from Gofer (Bruce), with a very large order for my Resifill blanks but, was no reference on the main thread of his order. Bruce obviously, forgot that others needed to know what was sold or not so, I copied and past his PM order into the thread, letting everyone know, those were sold!

PM Bruce back an requested him to copy and past his order into the main tread, which he did some time later. In meantime I needed to mark the blanks sold as such, making much easier for everyone to follow, and this is when the problem started.
Went back to Photobucket and edited each original pic that had blanks sold on it, using the program own editing software, and using something that is called a "sticker", I selected the one appropriate for this occasion, there is the "sold" sticker. Spend a considerable amount of hours editing all the pics and then I simply replaced the links of the forum's thread with the edited ones.

Again, if Photobucket would show the pic size like any other program, it would be easy to realize that, each "sticker" add lots and lots of KB's into the pic, about 25% of the original pic for each sticker used, making a single sticker put that pic over the allowance of 75kb. Now, considering that some pics have up to 6 stickers, is not difficult to see why I run into troubles and not realizing, as I never downloaded any edited pic into "Paint" and check it again, as I never though that would make that much difference...!:eek: WRONG...! :mad:

There is also another interesting issued that can make things very difficult to understand, all pics were taken with the same camera at the same resolution, all were process as per original size and we have the case of a couple pf pics that, without anything added to them (edited), they have totally different sizes, double in most case. This is indeed with the case with same of the pics that Curtis left behind as being in conformity with the rules but, more specifically, the case of pics E1 to 6 and E7 to 11. None as been touched, both identical, one was left alone as under the limit, the other, when I tried to resize it to comply with the 75KB, I kept reducing and checking, reducing a little more and checking again, until I got it at about 70KB. Looking at both pics, both now at the same number of KB's, the difference is too obvious...!:eek: and that is just madness...!:frown:

Make no mistake, I'm in no way trying to satisfy my mistake, as I should have done whatever necessary to make sure they would all be inside of the limit allowed, and that is that, BUT, is also reasonable to say that, this can happen to anyone that isn't aware of all these "variables" and software facts...!:wink:
Was never any intention to deliberately, not being in conformity with the forum rules but simply, the result of software formalities not easily accessed!

I apologize for my mistake to the mod's, and to anyone that had the thread viewing disrupted in the process!
I believe, all the pics are now in conformity, but David, answering finally your question, any smaller pic is as big as it can be, clicking on it will not make it any bigger, as they are not "thumbnails" so, they have to stay like that for now. There will be no more "stickers" on those pics, any other banks sold will have to be identified in some other way, sorry!

Crickett,
Thank you for your opinion and Pete's.

I'm most certainly looking forwards to see some of those blanks in a pen(s):biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Attention everyone​

The sales add for the Resifill blanks, will only run on IAP for a period of 7 days (one full week), start from the day the thread was open. Its removal will close the thread and the blanks not sold will become available on eBay with an extra charge of 20% which are the costs to list and sell them through eBay.

The 7 days period, will end tomorrow Thursday 25-02-10 at the end of the day!

New batch of Resifills is ready to go, the new adds will have some conditions changes, for those that believe, whatever they wish to buy from who ever, doesn't require to be announced to the world so, privacy and confidentiality will be assured...! This is no privilege, this is a right of any free society!

Anyone wanting to display their order(s) as per usual, are most welcome...! your choice.

Thank you

Cheers
George

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
George, re-size the pic to get the pixel size you want (up to 800 pixels in the largest dim) and then use higher compression to get the file size you need. Your software should have an "optimize for the web" or some such setting that will do this for you. If you still have problems, download and use Fotosizer. It will re-size both the pixel size as well as file size based on parameters you select and will do photos in batches. Works real well and is freeware. http://www.fotosizer.com/

robutacion

Thanks Curtis,

I understand what you're saying, that is very much my procedure using a old program called ClickPick that has been great to work with.

The problem is more within the hosting location, the Photobucket and the software they provide to transfer and edit the pics with. The original pic size, right from the camera is 3552 x 2664, I shouldn't have that much trouble in reducing the pic and still have good/clear image definition, some did work just fine and kept me out of troubles, I obviously picked the wrong one to use as reference but still those "stickers" stuffed everything up for me.

I don't understand why the image size in KB only show in "some" computers when one runs the mouse over it (pic), why is it not showing on my machine and what can be done to change that?, the program's assistance people didn't gave me any solution apart from saving the pic into some other photo software and check the KB's size...!!!:eek:, that is absolutely ridiculous...!

I have express my disappointment to the Photobucket management in writing, as I paying member I should expect better!

Anyway, I will try again and again until I get it right...!:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi folks

This thread is now <<<<<<<<< CLOSED>>>>>>>> after the 1 full week running on the classified adds as planned! For more information, please read the notes on the original post No1

Thank you!

Cheers
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom