International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Business Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 23

Default EXCLUSIVELY at Exotics!!

You will start seeing that phrase more often. The first one arrived and is in stock,

Take a peek:
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=60

Comments welcome, so are orders. We have 100, and lead time dictates that this will be our only shipment this year. So if you want them, now would be the time to order.

Temporary limit: 5 per customer, for the first 30 days, please.
Thanks for looking--stop back tomorrow, I am unpacking another box, with more new products.

Last edited by ed4copies; 09-06-2011 at 08:50 PM.
ed4copies is offline   Top
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 11

Hi Ed,

can I reserve 5 of these kits to ship with my blank.....

Thanks
Dan
TheRealSmith is offline   Top
Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSmith View Post
Hi Ed,

can I reserve 5 of these kits to ship with my blank.....

Thanks
Dan
Yes, Dan, you can order them directly through the site---if you have a problem, put the note in the "comments" and we will be sure to get you "squared away". I actually did not test the ordering, so there may be "goblins" in it.

Thanks!!

For those who may not know, you can ALWAYS place an order and note in the Comments that you do not want us to ship, because you will be placing another order. We combine the two and remove the shipping charges on one--this applies ALL The time---we appreciate it if you place the two orders within a couple days though--so we don't keep seeing the "unshipped" order and wonder why!!

Last edited by ed4copies; 09-06-2011 at 08:39 PM.
ed4copies is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Ed,

I've wanted a combo like this for a long time. Thanks for putting it together. Order's in!

Steve
WriteRev is offline   Top
Old 09-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 0

That is what I am talking about. This should be an option for all fountain roller kits,or at least the option to purchase one or the other nib instead of an entire kit just to get the other nib.
Ruby pen turning is offline   Top
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 115

I'm jumping on the bandwagon here...ALL mainstream roller kits should have this option. If they were available, that's all I would buy.

My only issue, is that the swap components should come as a separate kit, not be included with the kit along with the added cost. I know it's convenient, but with every kit, one of the front ends will go unused...thats a waste of money. I don't think pitching the conversion feature to customers is a real starter...I've never had a customer who was looking for a fountain pen, buy a rollerball instead. That said, I would still buy this kit, buy only until someone offered a comparable kit where the conversion components were offered separately.

Great Job making this happen Ed. Keep pushing in this direction. Thanks.

Last edited by Timbo; 09-07-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: sp.
Timbo is offline   Top
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Even if one weren't looking to offer the pen as 'convertible', this is a great deal to allow you to have a few extras around for those times when you have a customer that loves a rollerball, but wants a fountain, or vice versa. It will keep you from having to waste a kit or two on the off chance that someone wants the swap.

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. -Emerson
sbell111 is offline   Top
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Even if one weren't looking to offer the pen as 'convertible', this is a great deal to allow you to have a few extras around for those times when you have a customer that loves a rollerball, but wants a fountain, or vice versa. It will keep you from having to waste a kit or two on the off chance that someone wants the swap.
Thanks Steve. I think I wrongly assume these new kits were not compatible with the existing Tritons.

Ed - Are they compatible? Will the frontend sections of these new kits swap with the existing Triton kits? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Thanks Steve. I think I wrongly assume these new kits were not compatible with the existing Tritons.

Ed - Are they compatible? Will the frontend sections of these new kits swap with the existing Triton kits? Thanks.
Short answer---"yes"!

All we have done is convince Berea to give this idea a chance. They have agreed to see how these sell for me---until the 100 are sold out.

Frankly, they are concerned that the rest of my Tritons will not sell BECAUSE of this option being available. So, if you like this idea and want to see it happen throughout the "penturning kit world", use it as a small percentage of your purchases from Exotics. And, yes, we will continue to pursue additional pen models and platings. BUT, this has to be successful or the "door" of marketing innovation will slam in my face.

One of the benefits of the IAP (IN MY MIND) has always been the ability to ask you guys what you want, and by reading daily for the past six years I have heard you ask for this. Since some members view my polls and other questions as "sneaky advertising", I have limited it. But I can still READ what you say---so don't stop "day dreaming out loud" about new products and I won't stop trying to convince the industry that those ideas are "worth a try"!!

I don't call that advertising---I call it a partnership!! Keep em coming!!!

Thanks for reading----Ed
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 49

*Yawn*...I got a couple exclusive component parts from the unreleased exotic files much better than this! :)

www.masterscroller.com
workinforwood is offline   Top