International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Business Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Cut to order Mesquite

I have 3 lots of Mesquite to sell. The buyer will decide how much they want. I will not cut it until I am told about what size you want it. After you tell me the size and amount I will figure out the best combo to maximize shipping space. The box will be full there is no need to ship air. I charge by the board foot on these blanks except pen blanks, pen blanks are sold each. I operate a small sawmill with my father in Central Texas. We are both turners ourselves. I have quite alot of experience cutting blanks to get the most yield and highest quality of wood. The simple fact is that I can not turn it all, so I am here to offer blanks to the public.
Here are the choices:
Crosscut: The pith runs perpendicular to the shortest dimension
Regular: There are no specifics what you get is up to fate.
Crotch: This is highly figured wood from the crotch. It dose command a slightly higher price.
Natural Edge: Bark is left on so a natural edge can be left. Not available with crotch wood.
Pithless: If you have a task that cannot be near the pith let me know I will see what I can do. Also not available in crotch wood.

Almost all my blanks come from smaller trees, 12 inches or less, that means that they will possibly contain the pith. This is not a bad thing my best pens and bowls have had the pith running through the middle of them.
We also have a native beetle that gets in to the wood. They are not the dreaded powderpost beetles of our nightmares. They are quite large and seem to only mess with fresh cut wood. They show up about 10 min. after it is cut but once the wood dries they turn to beetle grub jerky. I will let the blanks set for a couple of days to check for them before shipping.
Here are the BF amounts for Flat Rate Boxes

Medium Short: is 3.5 BF max blank is 5 1/2in x 8 1/2in square $25.00 for the wood and shipping
Medium Tall: is 3.7 BF max blank is 3 3/8in x 11 7/8in square $26.00 for the wood and shipping
Large: is 5.5 BF max blank is 5 1/2in x 12in square $38.50 for the wood and shipping
Board Game: is 5.7 BF max blank is 3in x 11 3/4in square $40.00 for the wood and shipping
Pen Blanks ship for $4.95 for about 20. Remember these prices include shipping this is a large expense I charge about $7.00 a BF including shipping for Mesquite.
Pithless is an extra $.50 a BF
Crotch is an extra $2.00 a BF
Pen Blanks are $.60 ea and $1.00 ea for crotch.
These prices are what I wholesale for. Except the pen blanks, but if you want over 100 regular pen blanks I will drop it down to wholesale. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The first three members to post on the thread that they want a lot will receive it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crosscut.jpg (74.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Crotch.jpg (52.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Wormy Mesquite.jpg (50.2 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Wooden Affairs; 07-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Wooden Affairs is offline   Top
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Mesquite

I would like 12 crosscut pen blanks and 12 crotch pen blanks.
PM me for thr total cost.

JohnnyW
johnnyw is offline   Top
Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

could i get 10 crotch and 10 crosscut blanks please?
fsyxxx is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Scot -

I would like to purchase 12 regular pen blanks, 12 crosscut pen blanks and 12 crotch pen blanks.

Please PM me with payment information.

Thank you.

Matthew
dtswebb is offline   Top
Old 07-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Listing is closed
Wooden Affairs is offline   Top