The Australian original timber species mix pack, now updated to 32 pen blank species!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hi Everyone,

Here we have the upgraded original mix pack of 27 species, to 32 Aussie grown woods.

These are the major timber species that I have from my local town, some more will come up, some day...! These are all dry and ready to go.

Blank size, approx. 21mm square x 130mm long

-* Species samples (turned round) #8, 29, 30, 31 & 32 are not yet added on the pics above, this will happen as soon as I have the opportunity.

1 x pack(32 blanks) price = AU$35.00 + $39.30 (1.5kg air-freight to USA & Canada) = AU$74.30 for other countries I will advise upon request.

Currency converter - http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Australia Post International/National Freight Calculator - http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/

Gift: - On the package I have enough weight left for 2 special blanks, at no extra cost. One is a casted experimentation I've done some time ago, using timber blanks just right for this purpose, the other is a Silver Wattle Root with "meat":eek: These are blanks cut from an old root that has been slowly but surely eaten by these white timber borers only seen in this particular timber species.
Interestingly, they close their holes with the sawdust they produce, leaving a "difficult" trace to spot. Each blank should have 1 or 2 borers inside, that are now "inactive" due to a 30 minute frying on an electric fry-pen filled with wax, making sure the borers become part of the blank with the hot wax sealing the whole blank. The channels created by these creatures do make an interesting blank that can be simply soaked with CA as you turn (closer to the final size). The soft borer holes could also been coloured with any timber coloring liquid, before the CA is applied. Many other possibilities, including being lucky to get the "grub" just is the right position/place to become part of the pen feature.:eek:

NOTE: All payments have to be made using Paypal, use this post to put your orders in, easier for everyone to follow, including me!
PM's will be sent to buyers with payment instructions.

If you have any questions please, PM me!

Good luck & Thank you!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Nellieteach

Dan,
I used this converter http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/australia/currency-converter/index.htm

The amount for today(11-24-09) was:
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
74.30 Australian Dollar = 68.46299 US Dollar
74.30 US Dollar (USD) = 80.63466 Australian Dollar (AUD)

Median price = 0.92124 / 0.92144 (bid/ask)
Minimum price = 0.91105 / 0.91145
Maximum price = 0.92754 / 0.9282
robutacion (George)
I am interested in 1 package if the conversion from Australian to US dollars is close.
Thanks,
Nadine Nelson (Nellieteach)

Last edited:

robutacion

TheRealSmith
I have added the currency converter I always use, as it is a simple one to use.

With the currency conversions and the way the AU$ was been lately (yo-yo style) I find it easier for people to check it when they thing in making the purchase.

Nellieteach
Sure mate, no problems, one pack put a side for you!
I'm not too worried about any small differences of the currency fluctuation, is not much anyone can do...!
PM sent.

Thank you
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom