Australian FPOW - Fleureau Peninsula Olive Wood, different types...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hi everyone,

I have here 25 different groups of AFPOW (Australian Fleureau Peninsula Olive Wood) for sale, all from trees planted by some of the first Settlers in this area (about 1850's). There are 3 predominant variations of these old trees, the root as the beginning of the tree, the wood from the tree itself and then the wild Olive wood which only grows from the old roots after the tree has been cut and the roots being "dormant" for many, many years before the root forces these "shoots" from all around the root cut. These are extremely slow growth shoots, taking many years to reach the 4" to 6" diameter trunks (max. known diameter) in a very tight group, very much like a thick shrub/bush.

No point is repeating all the info that I have been providing through the years, here, and in so many other places, about these Australian Olive wood trees so, lets get to the point;

*- There are 5 different variations
- Majestic Olive wood A1++ straight cut.
- Majestic Blue Olive wood A1++ straight cut (These selected blanks are all from one limb of one particular Olive tree that had a blue(ish) shade when dry and a different wood colour structure, for reasons unknown or even seen before, at least by me...!)
- Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut)
- Wild Olive ST (straight cut)
- Olive root

*- All blanks are ready to be worked

*- Blanks sizes are between 19mm & 21mm x 130mm long

*- All end-grains are waxed

*- Each blank group has been weighed to fit in a small postal box (500gr max.)

*- The multiple sale of groups of the same type or mixed are OK, with the BEST shipping deal from Australia to most countries, being the 2kg Express Post International with tracking, @ AU$58.00

*- ATTENTION USA MEMBERS
Since November 2010, a sub-charge of $9.00 apply to any items sent to the USA over 453gr, recently upgraded to 500gr. This charge is collected at the Post Office together with the normal shipping cost. At the end of this thread/add, you see a thumbnail with a copy of the respective document provided by the Australian Post.

*- Shipping cost for a 500gr (any one blanks group) box is, AU$17.20 in regular air-mail.

*- For any shipping between 500gr and 2kg, please request quote...!

*- 10% of all wood sales will be donated to IAP.

*- Each group has a second picture in a thumbnail, to enlarge click on it...!

*- Water spray was used to enhance the natural colours, areas of water droplets are over the waxed wood (end-grain)

*- Paypal only for international sales, and the option of also Bank Transfer for sales to Australia.

Majestic Olive wood A1++ Group - 1 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1233.jpg

Majestic Olive wood A1++ Group - 2 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1235.jpg

Majestic Olive wood A1++ Group - 3 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1237.jpg

Majestic Olive wood A1++ Group - 4 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1239.jpg

Majestic Olive wood A1++ Group - 5 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1241.jpg

Blue Olive wood A1++ Group - 6 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1243.jpg

Blue Olive wood A1++ Group - 7 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1246.jpg

Blue Olive wood A1++ Group - 8 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1248.jpg

Blue Olive wood A1++ Group - 9 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1250.jpg

Blue Olive wood A1++ Group - 10 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1252.jpg

Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut) Group - 11 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1254.jpg

Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut) Group - 12 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1257.jpg

Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut) Group - 13 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1259.jpg

Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut) Group - 14 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1261.jpg

Wild Olive Z (diagonal cut) Group - 15 AU$12.00 + shipping
100_1263.jpg

Wild Olive ST (straight cut) Group -16 AU$7.20 + shipping
100_1265.jpg

Wild Olive ST (straight cut) Group -17 AU$7.20 + shipping
100_1267.jpg

Wild Olive ST (straight cut) Group -18 AU$7.20 + shipping
100_1269.jpg

Wild Olive ST (straight cut) Group -19 AU$7.20 + shipping
100_1271.jpg

Wild Olive ST (straight cut) Group -20 AU$7.20 + shipping
100_1273.jpg

Olive root Group - 21 AU$13.50 + shipping
100_1275.jpg

Olive root Group - 22 AU$13.50 + shipping
100_1277.jpg

Olive root Group - 23 AU$13.50 + shipping
100_1279.jpg

Olive root Group - 24 AU$13.50 + shipping
100_1281.jpg

Olive root Group - 25 AU$13.50 + shipping
100_1283.jpg

Alright, that all for now...! :biggrin:

Please use this thread to make your request/order, so that everyone can follow...!

I hope that I didn't forget anything important, and if I did my apologies. If you require any additional information, send me a PM...!

PS: This add will only run until the end of March 2011, than you!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Update

Hi everyone,

Thank you to those that made orders already, most appreciated...!:biggrin:

At this moment (1:00pm 16-2-2011), orders posted are to;

- Gandsande
- Atsowers
- Switt

Waiting payment;

- DaveS

A constant attempt is made to "mark" as sold the groups that are no longer available, these edited pics are not always as quick to appear here as I would like and I suggest, members to look at the numbers of the groups ordered through the posts, just to make sure you know what is available.

Since last night all the pics edited as "sold" are now showing but I will provide a list with the numbers of groups sold, bellow;

- Group 1
- " 3
- " 8
- " 10
- " 13
- " 21
- " 22
- " 23
- " 24
- " 25

We all know how pleasant the Olive wood smell is when worked but, not many have ever had the chance to smell the knock-out smell from a mature/old Olive tree root, is just something else...!:wink:

These Olive root blanks were cut from a root block I had put a side for some time and even recently sliced, they are more than dry and have been for probably 20 years so, there is no root blanks not yet ready in my lot but, the smell of the high concentration of the Olive oils within the sealed wood is strong, I mean, strong...!

There are 4 people here, that will soon verify and confirm my statement so, I would strong suggest that, when you receive these blanks and while they are "full of beans" turn a couple before you put them a side, you won't regret, unless you hate the smell of Olive wood on steroids...!:biggrin:

Let us all know what you think, please...!

I have some more of this block cut but I don't really want to get rid of it too soon/quick, I need my woods/stock to last, reason why I selected 5 different variations of the same tree species.

I may consider to sell some more root groups IF YOU ARE OVERSEAS ONLY, THIS DOESN'T APPLY THIS TIME TO AUSTRALIAN MEMBERS, SORRY...!, if you select at least 1 (one) of the existent and available groups on sale. I'm not going to created another add/thread and put only the root blanks on it but, I'm willing to put one olive root group of 8 blanks together (same as those sold and selection criteria, no pics), if you purchase at least 1 of the other groups categories/variations shown. If you like to try the spalted Olive root, I have a small number of these and I'm willing to replace 2 (two) of the normal root blanks with 2 of these spalted ones. These blanks are not all spalted but partially, some of the most spalted ones have small flaws that can obviously be fixed up.
Attached are pics of 3 olive root spalted blanks, 2 groups are identical and one has all the ones with most spalting and some flaws, do not try to ask me to select any one in particular, I simple need to know if you want 2 spalted blanks, if you want them from pic 1 & 2 or the pic 3. One of each is also fine...!
Please ignore any writings on the pics, these pics were prepared as a request from someone else, a few weeks back...!

Spalted Olive wood root is normally soft so, stabilizing or soaking with thin CA is a must to guarantee success, no different to any other soft spalted woods.

So, if you are interested, simple make your order of what you like and then request an "olive root group" extra. All requests are only accepted if made in this thread (no monkey business, here...!:)). I will take care of things from there...!:wink:

PS: Did I mention how beautiful the Olive tree root is in a pen...???

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_1086.jpg
    100_1086.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_1091.jpg
    100_1091.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_1088.jpg
    100_1088.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

robutacion

Update

Hi peoples,

DaveS and his 4 groups are now on its way also, posted this morning...! :wink:

There is nothing more to add apart from the fact that on my opening thread/add, I have mentioned that this add would be running only up to the end of March but, and I'm certain that some member notice something strange and I don't run the adds for more than 2 weeks, normally so, and what I should have said was that, this add ends at the end of this month (FEBRUARY 2011)

Thank you
Cheers
George

robutacion

This thread is "CLOSED"...!

Hi everyone,

Time to rap this one up...!

Total wood sales of AU$127.50 x 10% (IAP Donation as advised)= AU$12.75

Money is on its way...!

Thank you to those that participated in this offer of mine, I hope you all have already received your parcels (blanks).

Cheers
George

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom