Australian FPOW - Fleureau Peninsula Olive Wood!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to catch up in bringing all my info about my timbers, already available at other locations, here for you folks to have a look...! It would be a totall confusion and madness to only use the links, you would be jumping from one place to the other like a grasshopper...!:eek:

On this thread, I will be talking and showing the Olive wood that grows around here. There are basically 3 different types of olive trees in the area, and they are, the older ones the Majestic olive trees planted from middle to late 1800's by the first Settlers, some have been planted more recently 50 to 100 years old, and they are the same species as the original ones. Then we have the modern plantation olive trees, which are more like a miniature tree of the European type large trees we normally see. These have been generically modified to stay low to the ground (special prunings are required every season) but the trees are different, very light silver colour thin bark, the trunk is short and not very wide, they don't grow much timber as such, generally will stay a small tree easy to reach for olive picking. Finaly, we have the Wild olive, which is more like a bush/shrub then a tree. They normally grow from an old olive root left buried on the ground for many years. A large number of branches shoot up from the root, forming a medium to large bush, capable to reach 5 meters high. The number of branches varies from 10 to 50 or more, depending on the size of the old root, they produce small quantities of totally unusable fruit (olives, birds don't touch them!:eek:), the life expectancy is low of about 15 to 25 years, and the maximum diameter on the healthier branches, could reach approx. 7" with about 3" to 4" the most common. The heartwood on the wild olive is small, compare with its royal descendants, the browns are not as dark, black lines are rare but the sapwood as brighter yellow and the growth rings are quire visible, making this timber very attractive also, extremely heavy and tremendously strong!

I have a good amount of all these species, particularly the Majestic Olive that come from trees planted around the 1860.

I have catalogued my olive wood in the following way;

Blanks size - approx. 21mm square X 130mm long.
Double length are available for perfect match double pen sets.

#20 in the list - Wild Olive (straight cut) - $1.20 each
--#20Z (diagonal cut) pen blanks - $1.50 each

#21 in the list - Majestic Olive
--#21A1++ = Highest grade (straight cut) - $2.00 each
--#21A1 = A1 grade (straight cut) - $1.50 each
--#21A2 = A2 grade (straight cut) - $1.00 each

#22 in the list - Old Olive Root (one type cut only) - $2.50 each

I may sometimes offer a special on various blanks groups, like some on eBay at the moment (free freight offer is only for Australia)

All amounts are in Australia currency!

The number of blanks shown on each pic (small pack), are equivalent of 500gr weight, the number of blanks also varies depending on the timber species, as some as a lot lighter then others.

Now the pics...!

If you see anything of interest, or if you have any questions, just let me know!

PS:I have added the Australia Post calculator link so that you can work out the various possibilities and costs http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Wild olive group pics.jpg
    Wild olive group pics.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 338
  • Majestic olive group pics.jpg
    Majestic olive group pics.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Olive root group pics.jpg
    Olive root group pics.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Do you have a freight estimate for 10 of the --#21A1++ = Highest grade (straight cut) - $2.00 each. To Washington state 98312. THX

robutacion

Do you have a freight estimate for 10 of the --#21A1++ = Highest grade (straight cut) - $2.00 each. To Washington state 98312. THX

Hi toolcrazy,

We have to work on 250gr increments until 2kg is reached, after that it works in 500gr increments.

The 10 A1++ olive blanks will weight between 550 & 600gr and we will have to go for the 750gr limit which costs AU$21.30 air-mail & AU$14.80 sea-mail.
You may buy a couple more of blanks, for the same freight cost, making the cost per blank a little lower. The 750gr total weight, has to count with the packaging, so 12 blanks will be pretty safe.

So 12 x A1++ olive blanks, air-mail = AU$45.30 about US$38.01 & sea-mail AU$38.80 about US$32.54

Hope this answers your question!
I use Paypal for payments, and normally send the invoice from here, easy!
For that, send me you email address details on robutacion@yahoo.com.au

Thanks
George

Last edited:

toolcrazy

I will take this offer

12 x A1++ olive blanks, air-mail = AU$45.30 about US$38.01 & sea-mail AU$38.80 about US$32.54

Ship it airmail. THX

robutacion

Australian Old Olive Root!

Hi everyone,

Some here, are already familiar with my Olive Root pen blanks, #22 of my timber species list, they originally became available on the 27 mix timber species pen blanks, and recently as part of the Olive variety pack, (#20/20Z/#21A1++/A1/A2/#22) promoted here and also on eBay.
I decided that was was time to introduce #22 Old Olive Root, as single pen blanks at AU$2.50 each + freight. Due to the rarity of this product, I have put a limit on the numbers of blanks one single person can order, of 20 (twenty), until further notice!

International freight costs are pretty identical to most countries, and to give you an idea, small parcels under a like, cost as follow;

- 250gr - AU$9.30
- 500gr - AU$15.30
- 750gr - AU$21.30
- 1kg - AU$27.30

Other weight prices will be provided upon request!

In general, 8 x blanks = 500gr sometimes 9 depending on weight variations between blanks.

The blank sizes are 21mm square x 130mm long with wax on both ends.

Mixed orders are welcome, with max. total weight of 20kg.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email, on the address provided bellow.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• timber preparation 014_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 014_(1).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 171
  • timber preparation 022_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 022_(1).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 170
  • JR MARSHALL-800.jpg
    JR MARSHALL-800.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 177