International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive > Individual Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Rockb's Buckeye, Redwood, Manzanita and "other stuff". Part 28

Hi Guys, Here's an assortment of wood, some conventional buckeye and redwood pen blanks, stoppers, and some "other things we make" pieces, lace redwood blocks. Hope there's something to spark those creative guys and gals in the crowd.......like ALL of you. : ) If you want one....... say it in the thread, include your zip.... I'll take it from there. If some of these pieces look "familiar"....you've got a good eye and memory. : ) Some are "carry overs" from my last posting. Apparently I was a little/lot over optimistic price wise.....not a problem, will try to "fix" that this time. Thanks a lot to you folks who have bought from me before..I appreciate it. Rocky/rockb

BTW, to everyone who buys one of these sales, I'm going to add a blank of California nutmeg. It's not the spice nutmeg but Torreya Californica. Light vanilla yellowish colored, considered scarce but not endangered, smells really nice when turned (at least I like it), finishes really well. The Japanese version, Torreya Japonica, tree is highly sought after for making the Go (it's a game like chess) game board. More than you wanted to know is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) I'd like opinions on these blanks as I can get more if you guys like 'em.
-------------------------------------------------

BP34, Buckeye burl pen blanks, 6 pieces, measures 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" $12.00

bp34a.jpgbp34b.jpg

BP35, Buckeye burl pen blanks, 6 pieces, measures 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" $12.00

bp35a.jpgbp35b.jpg

MPB1, Manzanita burl pen blanks with cracks, gonna call 'em casting/filling pieces. Six pieces, measures 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" $7.50

mpb1a.jpgmpb1b.jpg

MPB3, Manzanita burl pen half blanks. These are pretty nice little pieces....I'm sure that probably/maybe not most of these will turn as they are. A few might need a little CA before you attack 'em. Twelve pieces, measures 3/4 x 3/4 x 2 1/2" to less than 5" $10.00

mpb3a.jpgmpb3b.jpg

M38, Manzanita burl slab for you other things we make guys. Measures 2 1/2 x 9 x 12". $15.00 This will fit in a flat rate $10.95 box.

m38a.jpgm38b.jpgm38c.jpgm38d.jpg

R11, Redwood lace burl block, measures 1 7/8 x 6 x 5 1/8. Dry, note that it is not 100% lace...indicated by the price too. $12.50.

r11a.jpgr11b.jpgr11c.jpgr11d.jpg

R26, A wonderful, beautiful, super, scarce, colossal...piece of redwood lace burl. Maybe you can tell I like it a lot. ; ) Gotta have some $$ for it guys but it really is a good piece. $22.50. It's worth more than that to the knife handle guys but I wanted my buddies here at IAP to have a shot. (it won't hurt my feelings if no one buys it) : ) Measures 1 x 2 1/8 X 10 7/8" long.

r26a.jpgr26b.jpgr26d.jpgr26c.jpg

R31, Redwood lace burl stopper blocks, six pieces measures 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2" long. $17.50.

r31a.JPGr31b.JPGr31c.JPG

R32, Redwood lace burl stopper blocks, six pieces measures 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2" long. $17.50.

r32a.JPGr32b.JPGr32c.JPG

R33, Redwood figured stopper blocks, some will have burl, some may not. These do have some really nice figure and they're pretty hard. They all came from the same stump that had been underwater for many years. Some dark staining looks really good when turned/finished. Six pieces measures 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 3" long. $10.50. (1.75 each)

r33a.JPG r33b.JPGr33c.JPG

R34, Redwood figured stopper blocks, some will have burl, some may not. These do have some really nice figure and they're pretty hard. They all came from the same stump that had been underwater for many years. Some dark staining looks really good when turned/finished. Six pieces measures 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2" long. $10.50. (1.75 each)

r34a.JPG r34b.JPGr34c.JPG

RP3, Some more of the super hard old growth redwood burl that I've had lately. You can definitely tell the difference between this and second growth redwood when turning them. This has close growth rings and great figure along with some burl. Measures 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Gonna sell them by the piece at $5.00 each.

rp3a.jpgrp3b.jpg

RP21, Redwood lace burl, very tight lace, second growth, a little softer than the above wood (RP3) but still produces great pens. 3/4 x 3/4 x 6" long, $7.50 for all three.

rp21a.jpgrp21b.jpg

Hope you can use a few of the above....if you made it way down here, thanks for looking. Rocky/rockb
rockb is offline   Top
Old 05-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 3

pm sent... btw.. forgot to add only pen blanks ... in the pm.. thank bud
jonrms is offline   Top