Pen State - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Site Help, Tips, How-To Get and give help for using the FORUM SOFTWARE.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Isn't it Penn State, or is this a different company?
Pen Zen is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Zen View Post
Isn't it Penn State, or is this a different company?
You're right, it's Penn State. Good catch!
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-14-2018, 08:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have been lucky with dealing with all venders. There was even a guy that stiffed several people on burls a few years ago, but I managed to get mine and they were beautiful. The one time I can remember something was missing from an order the vender sent one to me no problem.

I have had a missing transmission or spring, but I try to get a few extra from time to time, plus one I royally jack up I put the parts to the side. Or if I have to replace something, I save the old parts.

I had 4 or 5 kits one day from Woodcraft and all of them were missing springs, I went in and explained it to them, they gave me a half dozen or so they had in the back.
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have only placed a couple of orders with them so far. The only issue I have is with the Post Office. I wish they would quit using UPS/SurePost. This is where UPS handles the shipment initially, then they turn it over to the Post Office for delivery. I understand the economics of it but the Post Office, as we all know, is somewhat less than reliable and accurate.

I ordered a kit that was scheduled for delivery Wednesday. The Post Office flubbed it so it was rescheduled for yesterday. Got an email yesterday telling me it had been delivered but it was nowhere in sight. Called the Post Office, they asked my delivery person about it, he said, "Oh well, must have put it in the wrong box." Very disappointed because one kit in the shipment is for a birthday present later this month and due to other circumstances it is now impossible for me to get it done on time.

Conclusion: if there is any way to avoid the Post Office, do it.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Further to this: I called Penn State and asked them to initiate an investigation. They said it would be quicker and easier to just replace the entire shipment. They said if both of them happen to show up, just keep both of them and I would only be charged once. Very decent of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanBrown View Post
I have only placed a couple of orders with them so far. The only issue I have is with the Post Office. I wish they would quit using UPS/SurePost. This is where UPS handles the shipment initially, then they turn it over to the Post Office for delivery. I understand the economics of it but the Post Office, as we all know, is somewhat less than reliable and accurate.

I ordered a kit that was scheduled for delivery Wednesday. The Post Office flubbed it so it was rescheduled for yesterday. Got an email yesterday telling me it had been delivered but it was nowhere in sight. Called the Post Office, they asked my delivery person about it, he said, "Oh well, must have put it in the wrong box." Very disappointed because one kit in the shipment is for a birthday present later this month and due to other circumstances it is now impossible for me to get it done on time.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

I had ordered a drill bit sharpener a little while back well I waited a few weeks then I called them, said that UPS delivered certain and Time, my security showed no UPS man that day or any day earlier, they put another sharpener in the mail with a different carrier and I got it, I gave them compensation on pricing, that would be hard for a business to keep absorbing that kind of hit.
Pen Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Joe View Post
I had ordered a drill bit sharpener a little while back well I waited a few weeks then I called them, said that UPS delivered certain and Time, my security showed no UPS man that day or any day earlier, they put another sharpener in the mail with a different carrier and I got it, I gave them compensation on pricing, that would be hard for a business to keep absorbing that kind of hit.

Joe that is not a small company. They have grown on the backs of us pen turners. They carry insurance for things like that. You are out money for something you did not receive so why should you be responsible. See if they remember that next time and yes there will be a next time with them for sure.

What do you think it cost to put those ever growing catalogs together and send them out almost every month. No small chump change for sure. They can absorb your sharpener loss.

Last edited by jttheclockman; 09-16-2018 at 08:43 AM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanBrown View Post

My experience has been just the opposite. I have had all kinds of issues with UPS, less so with the Post Office. I had a recent bad experience with UPS I posted about on this forum. All of the carriers screw up though and it can be quite frustrating when they do.
Pen Zen is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads