IAP Tubes and Bushing Cross Reference... - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Site Help, Tips, How-To Get and give help for using the FORUM SOFTWARE.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default IAP Tubes and Bushing Cross Reference...

Notwithstanding that I am a casual user of the IAP web site, I find that I'm having increasing difficulty in finding a response to even the most basic queries. So I'll ask two or three questions here...

Is there a on-line user guide to this site?
How current is the information in the Tube and Bushing Cross Reference database? and finally,
Is there a desktop version of the IAP Tube and Bushing Application (for Apple Computers).

I know that a lot of dedicated users and administrators contribute endless time and energy to this site and I thank you for that; but when it comes to finding answers, I'm at a loss. Can someone help me out on this?

Thank you.
(The) Duckmeister
Duckmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckmeister View Post
Notwithstanding that I am a casual user of the IAP web site, I find that I'm having increasing difficulty in finding a response to even the most basic queries. So I'll ask two or three questions here...

Is there a on-line user guide to this site?
How current is the information in the Tube and Bushing Cross Reference database? and finally,
Is there a desktop version of the IAP Tube and Bushing Application (for Apple Computers).

I know that a lot of dedicated users and administrators contribute endless time and energy to this site and I thank you for that; but when it comes to finding answers, I'm at a loss. Can someone help me out on this?

Thank you.
(The) Duckmeister
Hello John

I see you joined in 2015 and have just 5 posts and this being one so yes you are a rare casual user. maybe you visit but just do not like to post but I highly recommend jumping in more. If you are referring to not getting answers here I do not believe it.

This site is basically run by the users with Jeff and moderators guiding the way. So you get out as much as you put in. To quickly answer your question about the bushing charts. They were updated in 2016 as you can see from the listings. Just check the library. Wayne our very own hard working person who toils in the library and keeps things running smooth as silk is always looking for volunteers who can contribute information that can be added such as any updates on manufacturers new kits and all the info that goes with them. Many new kits hit the market each year and it is an task to keep up so he relys on us to supply the info. If you have info on kits I suggest you forward to Wayne and he will file.

As far as on-line user guide for the site, not sure what it is you are looking for. This site is set up basically as any other site or forum on the net and follows proper etiquette rules and protocol. Have specific questions they will get answered and many times they probably have been asked and answered before so doing a search can yield you answers as well.

other than that not much more I can add but welcome you and encourage you not to be a stranger. Jump in with both feet.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 1

There are some videos in the Site Help area of the forum. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

The App on my iPhone says it was last updated 8/19/16. Don't know what the Android version says.

There is a user guide for using the iPhone app. http://content.penturners.org/librar...pUserGuide.pdf

In the Library under References are the Pen Kit Bushings and Tubes and it also shows 8/19/16 dates for most of the charts. They are not searchable like the apps are at this time.

Ask if you have more questions.
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 11

If you go to Forums in the blue bar above and click on it you will see one option I found Forum How-To. There is some info on how to use IAP.

There is also the Search feature and Advanced Search. These will often get you answers.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Photos: 23

Some info on the database & apps:

Last database update was 8/19/16 - the same database is used for Apple & Android app and for the pdf charts.

We are working on a database update, but we do not have a target date for its release. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.

The main reason for the long gap in database updates is because we have given priority to an Android version and an iOS11 update to the Apple version. Those efforts took a LOT of time. Also, Wayne & I are the only ones working on the database and we both have a lot of “life” issues to deal with. We always welcome more volunteers to help with this effort.

There is no on-line version of the apps - just Android & Apple. There is a pdf version of the database in the IAP library. There are no immediate plans for nor activity toward creating any other versions for other platforms. That doesn’t preclude that possibility in the future, but would require additional volunteers with those skills, time, & commitment.

Edgar
Old 07-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I deeply appreciate the time and effort a lot of you folks put into the IAP on-line resources and even though I do not post a lot, in one way or another I continually refer to the information posted in the forums and to the resource library. All of you, though your contributions are, in itself, an invaluable resource. Thank you.
Duckmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads